LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

rodgers injury

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Most fractures require 4-6 weeks to heal unless they require surgery.

A collarbone is more like 6-8 although it could depend on the severity of the break/fracture. I've broken mine twice, if it's a real break 4 weeks isn't even close to enough time to be back playing football
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Their running game is looking good, but a lot of that is probably due to fear of Rogers. On TV they're saying up to 3 weeks for the fracture. I'm not sure if that's accurate because collarbones always seem to take a while, but we'll see.
Originally posted by Antix:
Their running game is looking good, but a lot of that is probably due to fear of Rogers. On TV they're saying up to 3 weeks for the fracture. I'm not sure if that's accurate because collarbones always seem to take a while, but we'll see.

I hear that, I still remember the year Garrison Hearst broke his collarbone, I seem to remember he was out like 6 weeks on that injury and when he came back, ironically against the packers, he wasn't effective and he reinjured himself. Scarey world to play with that, especially if its not healed completely.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:

A collarbone is more like 6-8 although it could depend on the severity of the break/fracture. I've broken mine twice, if it's a real break 4 weeks isn't even close to enough time to be back playing football

Yeah, I broke mine once too, It was a clean through full break, literally couldn't raise that arm above my head for like 3-4 weeks. It's just physics you need that bone intact to support your arm. So I'm sure it all depends on how bad he broke it. If he cracked it, and it's still intact, maybe he has motion, but painful motion. I was in HS when I broke mine and was scared to walk down the hallway because if I barely bumped into somebody it'd hurt like hell!

On the time-scale note: braking your collar bone is WAY better than dislocation, cuz when your healed, your good to go! stronger than before! I have a ball of bone around my collar bone i can still feel today.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Originally posted by TTown9ers:

Yeah, I broke mine once too, It was a clean through full break, literally couldn't raise that arm above my head for like 3-4 weeks. It's just physics you need that bone intact to support your arm. So I'm sure it all depends on how bad he broke it. If he cracked it, and it's still intact, maybe he has motion, but painful motion. I was in HS when I broke mine and was scared to walk down the hallway because if I barely bumped into somebody it'd hurt like hell!

On the time-scale note: braking your collar bone is WAY better than dislocation, cuz when your healed, your good to go! stronger than before! I have a ball of bone around my collar bone i can still feel today.

Unless he goes to the "Kobe Bryant Hospital Of Secret Healing in Europe"
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
get well soon Aaron I wonna see the 9ers own you in the playoffs again.
Some karmic kickback for the packers, they can think their HGH hero Matthews for that one.
I broke mg collar once when I was a kid, who generally heal faster than adults, and it cost me nearly an entire summer before I felt normal again.
[ Edited by WINiner on Nov 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
I broke mg collar none when I was a kid, who generally heal faster than adults, and it cost me nearly an entire summer before I felt normal again.

Kids also have a lower pain tolerance.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Tolzien gonna ball out for them just wait and see.

His injury won me $150!!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein

The #Packers plan on elevating practice squad QB Scott Tolzien to the 53-man roster I've been told.
Originally posted by Jcool:

The #Packers plan on elevating practice squad QB Scott Tolzien to the 53-man roster I've been told.

might as well hand them their lombardi trophy

#lordtolzien
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Jcool:

might as well hand them their lombardi trophy

#lordtolzien

YANL
  • fryet
  • Veteran
And here I thought the 49ers backup QB situation was bad. Green Bay's backup QBs are both 49er cast-offs this season, and they didn't even play with GB during the pre-season. How long has Wallace been there? 5 weeks? And he is their starter. While I am not a fan of McCoy, at least he was on the roster throughout the season and knows the playbook.
Share 49ersWebzone