Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

rodgers injury

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Karma came for the packers

THIS.

But this could be very bad news for us. If we're depending on the packers and redskins to have a higher win - loss record than the vikings and giants for the 49ers to settle a potential tie breaker with SEA, this injury could deal us a huge blow.

I feel like everything indirectly helps Seattle. Goodness I hate their luck. lol

Not worried about the luck of SEA. We have to simply take care of business and be better than them this second half of the season. It is simple and we have our fate in our own hands. If we beat them head to head and keep winning we can control our own fate. We are improving every week and we are adding talent to our roster on a weekly basis. Not just some chump talent but premium talent to an already 6-2 team. We will be fine and we control our own fate in winning this division. We have our chance to win this division 3 years straight
Originally posted by vaden:
Wallace is horrible, but even with an average QB GB would still be a bad team. Rodgers is single-handedly responsible for about 80% of their wins over the last few years.

This is why he gets paid the big bucks and why we are a run first team. Kap doesn't need to carry us, he just needs to do his job. Why does Brees and Rodgers put up the ball 35 times a game … well look at their paycheck and you can see why we ask Kap to pass 25 times a game or less. We need to run to control games and win so we should. Kap can sling it but why when we are built to run
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by xtm059:
yesssssssssssssssssss

my opponent in fantasy was starting jordy nelson and rodgers

get wrekt

One of the premier players in the NFL goes down to injury and all you care about is a fantasy match up? Sad man, just sad.

Imagine the hate towards SEA posters if we were reading how great their fantasy teams did because Kaep or Gore went down.

One of the best in our generation may not play again this year, and its all about fantasy football. One more reason I dont play that silly game.

Wish the best for Rodgers, he may be a Packer, but the guy is class, hope he gets back on the field this year.

I wouldn't say that he is class but he is an all time great and I don't cheer his potential injury one bit. That would be classless! I don't care for Rodgers as a personality because of his backhanded trashing of the 49ers and his dismissiveness when Kap beat his a** the first time so it gave me great satisfaction when Kap beat his a** once more in the season opener. Rodgers has a bitter bone for us so I have one for him but I don't celebrate his potential injury
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Illuminati putting all the chips into place for Alex Smith to win the Super Bowl.

LOL! If Manning goes down we will know something serious is happening
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9929515/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-miss-three-weeks

If he misses only 3 weeks then GB is still a threat in the NFC. Sounds like GB may have caught a break, no pun intended
Originally posted by xtm059:
yesssssssssssssssssss

my opponent in fantasy was starting jordy nelson and rodgers

get wrekt

One of the premier players in the NFL goes down to injury and all you care about is a fantasy match up? Sad man, just sad.

Imagine the hate towards SEA posters if we were reading how great their fantasy teams did because Kaep or Gore went down.

One of the best in our generation may not play again this year, and its all about fantasy football. One more reason I dont play that silly game.

Wish the best for Rodgers, he may be a Packer, but the guy is class, hope he gets back on the field this year.

This! I'm a 49er fan but I'm also a football fan and I have a great respect for Rodgers and what he does when he's on the field. I don't play fantasy football either and I honestly think it ruins how people actually view the reality of the game. Injuries are never something to celebrate, especially to a great like Rodgers. I really hope his injury is nothing too serious and wish him a speedy recovery.

While I don't wish injury on anyone Rodgers is a welcher, still waiting to see homeboy in a Smith niner jersey...
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9929515/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-miss-three-weeks

If he misses only 3 weeks then GB is still a threat in the NFC. Sounds like GB may have caught a break, no pun intended

Looking at their next 3 games (Vikings, Eagles, Giants), I think GB will be OK if they have/find a decent/average back up QB and rely on their running game with Lacy and Starks for the next few weeks until Aaron comes back.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
This! I'm a 49er fan but I'm also a football fan and I have a great respect for Rodgers and what he does when he's on the field. I don't play fantasy football either and I honestly think it ruins how people actually view the reality of the game. Injuries are never something to celebrate, especially to a great like Rodgers. I really hope his injury is nothing too serious and wish him a speedy recovery.

I agree %100, fantasy football ruined many a fan. Too many care more about stats than wins.

dem jimmies doe
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

While I don't wish injury on anyone Rodgers is a welcher, still waiting to see homeboy in a Smith niner jersey...

That would be funny, but thats as likely as Kaep wearing a Fins hat, oh, wait.

Personally, I would trade that bet for never seeing another double check commercial. They were funny at first, but damn.

As for him having a chip on his shoulder regarding SF, can you really blame the guy? His favorite team as a kid, passed up in the draft, toiled behind Farve, then finally gets to achieve greatness only to have SF crush him as of late.

I've been a 9er fan and a football fan since before I could walk. I enjoy seeing good players play (unless they are cowboys). Watching Wallace last night wasnt NFL football, like watching all of these terrible Thursday night games. I hope he comes back, GB makes a run, and Kaep can embarrass them in the playoffs again on our route to 6.
Hate GB, but I do like Aaron Rodgers. Guess I am glad that this injury isn't worse... so long as he doesn't get in the way of SF later.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
AARON RODGERS BELIEVED TO HAVE SMALL BREAK IN COLLARBONEThe Packers QB's injury will necessitate missing some games but there's no definitive timetable, Ian Rapoport reports. More ...

from nfl.com

more from the article....

Rapoport was told that no definitive timetable exists for the signal-caller's return, but Rodgers likely would return in time for the postseason, if Green Bay makes it that far.

It's a devastating loss for a Packers team that fell into a three-way tie for first place Monday night with the Bears and Detroit Lions. The much-improved ground game will be leaned on, but there's no way to mask the absence of the NFL's finest passer. Rodgers exited the game with 15 touchdowns and just four picks on the season.

If they don't their division they may not make the playoffs cause now the bears could end up with the tiebreaker and the panthers could outplay them down the stretch...Should be interesting to see how long it takes Rogers to return.
[ Edited by sfout on Nov 5, 2013 at 7:51 AM ]
did anyone claim Matt Flynn yet?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
According to @ZachZaidman Rodgers has a broken collarbone.

Wow their season is over, it's between Seattle and sf for Super Bowl now