There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kubiak

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Texans HC Gary Kubiak was treated with IV medicine designed to break up clots consistent with people who suffer strokes, per medical sources

called it. but in all seriousness I hope he makes a full recovery.

Originally posted by sfout:
They were reporting and/or had footage of him clutching his head with both hands before he collapsed. He supposedly never lost consciousness but that doesn't rule out something like a mini-stroke or anything crazy.

He could also been simply dehydrated and had a several migraine brought on by stress and nerves.

We'll have to wait until they release any info.
Makes me worry about Harbaugh. Guy should probably take it down a notch for his health.
wow, mini stroke. i would think hard about retiring if i was him.
Get well coach. So now we have the Chuck, Gary, and John strong factors all in the afc. I see a 6 hour gameday special on the horizon about all three coaches, their qb situations, and the stress levels that go along with being an nfl coach. If not for the around the clock Richie Incognito coverage and the entire league up in arms over Aaron Rodgers missing a few weeks I'm sure we'd have already heard about it.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Makes me worry about Harbaugh. Guy should probably take it down a notch for his health.

well there's new talks now that involve shortening the coaches time they can spend at a facility.

open the doors at 8 am close them at 6 pm. at least this way the coaches will be at home more, and hopefully they stop working 20hrs a day. it is an issue, and there needs to be a balance for coaches as well.

we're doing a better job protecting the players now, especially with practices, but its time to focus on the coaches as well. no reason an in shape 50 year old man should have a stroke.

a notch, n***a? How about several notches.....
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

well there's new talks now that involve shortening the coaches time they can spend at a facility.

open the doors at 8 am close them at 6 pm. at least this way the coaches will be at home more, and hopefully they stop working 20hrs a day. it is an issue, and there needs to be a balance for coaches as well.

we're doing a better job protecting the players now, especially with practices, but its time to focus on the coaches as well. no reason an in shape 50 year old man should have a stroke.

I agree with this sentence wholeheartedly. Chris Collinsworth suggested a 7am-7pm facility usage but your suggestion works as well. However, coaches will probably take their work home with them after the facility closes. Coaches are under ALOT of pressure to win and win now; no way they'll work "normal hours"
What is this world coming to? Now they want to prevent coaches from working to hard. God damn is the world becoming a bunch of pussies.

They are adults. They can work as much or as little as they please. It is up to them to determine what is detrimental to their health and scale back if they need to.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
What is this world coming to? Now they want to prevent coaches from working to hard. God damn is the world becoming a bunch of pussies.

They are adults. They can work as much or as little as they please. It is up to them to determine what is detrimental to their health and scale back if they need to.

nobody is trying to prevent a coach from working hard, they are trying to prevent them from dying. i know you probably think a football game is more important than somebodies life, but most dont.

just like we have things that protect players right now, since most players would go out there and play with multiple concussions. theres more to life than just football buddy
nobody is trying to prevent a coach from working hard, they are trying to prevent them from dying. i know you probably think a football game is more important than somebodies life, but most dont.

just like we have things that protect players right now, since most players would go out there and play with multiple concussions. theres more to life than just football buddy

If I were not on my phone I would post the Billy Madison "We are now dumber" clip.

Instituting a rule so that grown men don't work too much. Now I have heard it all.

I guess in the regular work force there should be the same type of rule right?

If I were not on my phone I would post the Billy Madison "We are now dumber" clip.

Instituting a rule so that grown men don't work too much. Now I have heard it all.

umm, they do it for the players. are those not grown men?

there actually is that type of LAW, lmao wtf are you talking about.... now i've heard it all.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Nov 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM ]

We don't have the most intelligent posters on here....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
We don't have the most intelligent posters on here....

How original.
umm, they do it for the players. are those not grown men?

there actually is that type of LAW, lmao wtf are you talking about.... now i've heard it all.

The players thing is totally different. They are trying to make it safer when they do their job. Trying to relate that to working hours is ridiculous.

I am not aware of laws limiting how much an employer can require their employees to work. There are laws regarding pay around that but I have never heard of a law that says an employer can't make you work X amount of hours when it is needed.

And that isn't what is happening here. It is the coach himself that is putting in the hours he feels are necessary to be competitive.

They don't need us to watch out for them. WTF is up with every jack off thinking that they can help somebody else live a better life? What's better for one isn't necessarily better for the rest. Do you REALLY want somebody that doesn't know you telling you how to live? I don't and I 'm willing to bet when psh comes to shove, most guys don't either.