There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Case Keenum is looking like the real deal

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Troy Smith looked pretty good after 2 games as well. Not saying he isn't the real deal, but how about a little perspective?

Haha bad comparison imo. Keenum has a way better arm.

troy had a cannon dude, it was just a loose cannon lol

Lol exactly!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Troy Smith looked pretty good after 2 games as well. Not saying he isn't the real deal, but how about a little perspective?

Troy looked OKAY...I think time has changed your perception. There was never a game where I felt like Troy was the best QB on the team.

Case has broken 100 QB rating both games. Not saying teams won't figure him out...but he looks pretty freaking impressive right now.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Nov 4, 2013 at 9:29 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Troy looked OKAY...I think time has changed your perception. There was never a game where I felt like Troy was the best QB on the team.

Case has broken 100 QB rating both games. Not saying teams won't figure him out...but he looks pretty freaking impressive right now.

Troy Smiths first two starts with 49ers: 29-47 for 552 (11.74 Y/A) yards and 2 TDs with a 116.6 ratings. Oh and did something Case didn't he won both those starts.
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Troy Smiths first two starts with 49ers: 29-47 for 552 (11.74 Y/A) yards and 2 TDs with a 116.6 ratings. Oh and did something Case didn't he won both those starts.

I stand corrected. I don't remember it being like that. Which is weird because I didn't hate the guy, I just never thought he was that good.

BTW... neither of those teams were better than .500 Case played against 2 of the better teams in the NFL. Little bit different.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Nov 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Case Keenum, Nick Foles > Kap

I think Case is legit, he played at Houston when Art Briles was running the show. Now this may be my Baylor Bear pride showing here, but if coach Briles knows anything it's QBs and WRs. Kolb, Keenum, RG, Florence, and now Petty is balling out. Kolb was victim of too many head shots imo, and Florence opted out of going to the NFL. Which I can understand seeing as he prob would have went undrafted and would have had to fight to make an NFL roster. I think we will eventually see Petty in the NFL as a back up for a few years until he gets a shot in the same fashion Keenum has.

I stand corrected. I don't remember it being like that. Which is weird because I didn't hate the guy, I just never thought he was that good.

BTW... neither of those teams were better than .500 Case played against 2 of the better teams in the NFL. Little bit different.

LOL I remember being at Troy Smiths first start vs the Rams finally thinking we have our franchise QB.... Lolz
Originally posted by BimmerKing:

LOL I remember being at Troy Smiths first start vs the Rams finally thinking we have our franchise QB.... Lolz

Yeah. I thought he was the real deal as well. Lit up Wembley and nearly made Singletary look good.

And that took some doing.
He sure did light it up.

What round was he drafted?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He sure did light it up.

He went undrafted.
I like keenum and the little boy that took over for freeman in tampa bay
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xtm059:
I like keenum and the little boy that took over for freeman in tampa bay

I am creeped out by the way you worded this sentence.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
He sure did light it up.

He went undrafted.

Did he really? He was a beast in college his last year
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
He sure did light it up.

He went undrafted.

Did he really? He was a beast in college his last year

Apparently he had a very bad combine and also, he came from a sort of small school so I guess scouts didn't think he had much quality competition and that he was a product of the system, wouldn't be ready or successful in the NFL. They also didn't like his size.

Man, if Keenum works out and ends up being something special for the Texans, whether as a starting QB or a quality backup, scouts and the other NFL teams whiffed big time.
Originally posted by BimmerKing:

I wasn't there for that game...I was there for the AZ game. He got the win, but it was ugly.