There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dez vs Crabs

Dez Bryant's stats so far are 245 rec 3512 yards and 35 tds over four years. Crabs stats are 260 rec 3345 yards and 21 tds over 5 years. Even though crabs has another year of stats I think he's missed more games then Dez, please correct me if I'm wrong. Espn is reporting this morning that the Cowboys have said this offseason they will extend Dez to a long term mega contract. So my question to you guys is, do you think Crabs will turn down an extension if offered this off season if it is not comparable to Dez's? Do you guys think he's worth Dez money? Dez is a big time receiver but Crabtree is a big time complete receiver, way better at blocking. They've both had their issues, Dez being a knucklehead and has had some injuries, Crabs is a team player but has some injury issues. Crabs and Dez are both from Texas and watch each other's careers's closely. I just have this feeling we may have trouble extending Crabs if Dez is paid greatly and we don't come close. Thoughts?
Dunno, we'll see how he does the rest of the season.
dez bryant plays in a passing offense
crabs plays in a ball control offense

With that said, i always liked Dez and wanted in him 2010 over Iupati. Well, both players are wonderful in their position but I would prefer Dez over Iupati. Dez on our team would give us the best WR core in the league along with Denver.
How many more "mega contracts" can Dallas give out? I know they paid Romo and Austin, pretty sure Ware is getting his. Where does this money come from?

I honestly dont care what type of numbers Dez is putting up. This guy is TO reborn. Tons of talent, tons of problems. He'll get his new contract, get in piles of trouble, then in 4-5 years he'll wind up playing for some team akin to the Bucs or Miami of today and hopefully we never hear about him again.

I seriously doubt that whatever deal Jones gives him wont affect the resigning of Crabtree. When Crabs first came into the NFL he was a "me-first" type of guy. The guts and work needed to try and come back this year shows he is about the team and winning, thats something Bryant never has been or will be. Dez looks out for Dez.

Also, if DAL is going to tie up more money in one guy, it makes it all the more likely Crabs stays, if I recall, most on here had him jolting for the Cowboys if he left, if Jerry doesnt have any more cap room, you can forget about him making 10+ down there.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
How many more "mega contracts" can Dallas give out? I know they paid Romo and Austin, pretty sure Ware is getting his. Where does this money come from?

I honestly dont care what type of numbers Dez is putting up. This guy is TO reborn. Tons of talent, tons of problems. He'll get his new contract, get in piles of trouble, then in 4-5 years he'll wind up playing for some team akin to the Bucs or Miami of today and hopefully we never hear about him again.

I seriously doubt that whatever deal Jones gives him wont affect the resigning of Crabtree. When Crabs first came into the NFL he was a "me-first" type of guy. The guts and work needed to try and come back this year shows he is about the team and winning, thats something Bryant never has been or will be. Dez looks out for Dez.

Also, if DAL is going to tie up more money in one guy, it makes it all the more likely Crabs stays, if I recall, most on here had him jolting for the Cowboys if he left, if Jerry doesnt have any more cap room, you can forget about him making 10+ down there.

What is this ton of trouble that you speak of?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i always liked Dez and wanted in him

I'm pretty sure the front office will factor that Crabs played with captain check down for a few years.
Originally posted by bigboi8899:

The well publicized troubles of Dez Bryant...you live under a rock or something?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
They both suck!!

Kyle Williams>>>Dez/Crabs
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

LOL
I wonder if Crabtree would be better in Dallas than Dez Bryant has been. Who do you think is more talented? Obviously looking at the stats you would say Dez is better, but if Crabtree stayed healthy and also played in that pass happy offense, I wonder how he would look compared to how Dez has looked.
Baalke & FO manage the cap. That's it!

They'll offer Crabs the best the can offer and won't go above it.

IMO, he'll move on for greener pastures like all the others - Goldson, Abry Franklyn, Soap, RJF and others - it won't matter.

They'll work it out.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

LOL

You like the Big D? or do you just like Dez Bryant

Personally, I hate Dallas. Dez Bryant is fun to watch though.

lol
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by bigboi8899:

The well publicized troubles of Dez Bryant...you live under a rock or something?

Since coming into the league, the only thing I remember is the incident with his mother.