LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Denver coach John Fox out a month to 6 weeks

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

For everyone asking Foxie is fine. Just spoke w his wife. Wasn't a heart attack. Docs still doing tests but he's feeling ok

Just spoke with John Fox. He's having a procedure on his aortic valve on Tuesday in North Carolina. He will remain there for 2 weeks and miss about a month to 6 weeks

Fox was slated to have this procedure in the offseason but held off. Ironically, he flew to North Carolina during this weeks bye to meet w surgeon about a February procedure

Foxie said its something he knew he'd one day need but it deteriorated faster than they feared. Although he'll be away from team he'll still be involved

Fox told me,"it's something I've known I needed to take care of for a while. It's ironic this happened when I came to meet with the surgeon. I was hoping to wait but it's better to be smart about this."

Foxie still trying to determine who will be interim head coach. Jack Del Rio makes most sense but dealing with his family right now
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Wish him a speedy recovery.
Wish him a speedy recovery too, but IMO the Broncos won't miss a beat, or at least for the offense because they already have a coach playing on the field in #18. Good luck on the procedure coach Fox. Get well soon!
Damn. I wish him the best.
God is on their side now, just hand them the Lombardi...
Two recent case studies are last year's Colts and Saints. It can go either way.

Regardless, nothing can cure Peyton's cold weather meltdowns in the post season.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Two recent case studies are last year's Colts and Saints. It can go either way.

Regardless, nothing can cure Peyton's cold weather meltdowns in the post season.

Odds Peyton goes full retard in the playoffs? 80:1 ha
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

For everyone asking Foxie is fine. Just spoke w his wife. Wasn't a heart attack. Docs still doing tests but he's feeling ok

Just spoke with John Fox. He's having a procedure on his aortic valve on Tuesday in North Carolina. He will remain there for 2 weeks and miss about a month to 6 weeks

Fox was slated to have this procedure in the offseason but held off. Ironically, he flew to North Carolina during this weeks bye to meet w surgeon about a February procedure

Foxie said its something he knew he'd one day need but it deteriorated faster than they feared. Although he'll be away from team he'll still be involved

Fox told me,"it's something I've known I needed to take care of for a while. It's ironic this happened when I came to meet with the surgeon. I was hoping to wait but it's better to be smart about this."

Foxie still trying to determine who will be interim head coach. Jack Del Rio makes most sense but dealing with his family right now

I don't see why he wouldn't get this done ASAP. I mean it is the heart after all. Not something I personally would push my luck with, especially with his high stress job and age.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

I don't see why he wouldn't get this done ASAP. I mean it is the heart after all. Not something I personally would push my luck with, especially with his high stress job and age.

There never is a so called minor surgery

Like any human being, getting opened up and working on the heart sounds terrifying
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

There never is a so called minor surgery

Like any human being, getting opened up and working on the heart sounds terrifying

Decent point. Sure does.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Don't worry, interim coach Peyton Manning will choke as usual.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

LOL. True, Peyton is the de facto OC anyway so that side is fine until the playoffs of course. I hope JH isn't headed for something like this. He already had a "very minor" procedure last year.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
LOL. True, Peyton is the de facto OC anyway so that side is fine until the playoffs of course. I hope JH isn't headed for something like this. He already had a "very minor" procedure last year.

JH wont have a heart attack. His head will simply explode on the sidelines while arguing over a holding call.

Best of luck to Coach Fox. Never wish to know anyone is going under the knife, but if I had to pick, it wouldnt be Fox, but some grey haired grandmother that coaches in the Northwest.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

You mean to say that GOD won't even help Peyton with all his choking
damn, glad hes ok
Share 49ersWebzone