LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 172 users in the forums

Wallace a Bust?

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000274269/article/is-mike-wallace-a-freeagent-flop-for-miami-dolphins

interesting take. I recall many in the Zone wanted us to get him.

Thoughts?
You know how many people here called me crazy because I said that Wallace was overrated beyond belief???

Dude was NEVER worth that money, he's a one trick pony, have him run a go route all the time, otherwise he's basically useless, lousy route runner, halfass run blocker, an ideal deep threat but nothing but a deep threat. I was amazed at how many people wanted the 49ers to throw big dough at this guy, he wasn't worth it, he isn't worth it.
And that douche wanted Larry Fitzgerald money. Lol
I never wanted to trade for him as soon as I heard he wanted big money. I don't think I was ever on board with giving up a 1st for him on top of it either. I wouldn't have paid him 40 million much less 50-120. We will continue to sign the best of our own, build through the draft and let the dumb teams overpay for the top free agents while we sign the bargain guys. It really hardly ever works out when you sign these top guys to 50-100 million dollar deals since most let down after they get their money. Plus 1 guy unless he is a QB rarely makes an entire team win more than a few more games. I'd rather spread out 50-100 million re-signing 3-5 of our own guys with a few bargain FAs.

Edit: They actually had a pretty good passing system last year too. Brian Hartline put up nearly 1100 yards, Davone Bess nearly 800. Not sure why they had to go and spend 60 million on Wallace.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 31, 2013 at 6:49 PM ]
Antonio Brown was always the way better Steelers receiver. That dude can run some routes.
I remember MANY people on this board who saw past the Mike Wallace hype. This is really not a surprise.
He's definite;y one-dimensional. Take away the streak, and he becomes an average receiver. It's no surprise why the Steelers paid Antonio Brown as opposed to Mike Wallace.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I remember MANY people on this board who saw past the Mike Wallace hype. This is really not a surprise.

I'm so glad webzone members have no impact on Trent's decisions. lol
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

I'm so glad webzone members have no impact on Trent's decisions. lol

There were some that wanted us to overpay for this guy, but IIRC most of the Zone was against bringing in Wallace.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I never wanted to trade for him as soon as I heard he wanted big money. I don't think I was ever on board with giving up a 1st for him on top of it either. I wouldn't have paid him 40 million much less 50-120. We will continue to sign the best of our own, build through the draft and let the dumb teams overpay for the top free agents while we sign the bargain guys. It really hardly ever works out when you sign these top guys to 50-100 million dollar deals since most let down after they get their money. Plus 1 guy unless he is a QB rarely makes an entire team win more than a few more games. I'd rather spread out 50-100 million re-signing 3-5 of our own guys with a few bargain FAs.

Edit: They actually had a pretty good passing system last year too. Brian Hartline put up nearly 1100 yards, Davone Bess nearly 800. Not sure why they had to go and spend 60 million on Wallace.

Their owner has been about making a big splash since he got there. Whether it was 8 million for Jim Harbaugh or whatever. I think he want the Miami Heat of the NFL.

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

We all want Larry Fitzgerald money
I can't see paying any free agent past a point that will jeopardize the salary cap for years. By the time players are free agents their most productive years are behind them. The 49ers have done a magnificent job signing their players to reasonable contracts before they reach their peak years. Baalke plays the game knowing draft picks hold the key to replenishing the roster and keeping the team young. Seattle will be blown up in a year or two while the 49ers keep competing for Super Bowls.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

We all want Larry Fitzgerald money

YANL.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You know how many people here called me crazy because I said that Wallace was overrated beyond belief???

Dude was NEVER worth that money, he's a one trick pony, have him run a go route all the time, otherwise he's basically useless, lousy route runner, halfass run blocker, an ideal deep threat but nothing but a deep threat. I was amazed at how many people wanted the 49ers to throw big dough at this guy, he wasn't worth it, he isn't worth it.

Some here I call "game cam watchers". They only watch those who can touch the ball. Their suggestions on what we should do only involve skill players (the ball touchers). So it isn't ever the defense fault or praise or with the offensive lineman. Watching 22 players is too difficult so they watch about 3. But only one at a time and follow the game like a camera guy.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Nov 8, 2013 at 2:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone