LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
yanno..it is possible for the rookie to say, "no, f**k u im not paying for your s**t"

Research bullying. It simply is not that easy.

even if you're 22? 23 years old?

Check it out. Noobies moving into unfamiliar environment, insecure future, established tough guys in position, etc etc. age is not that relevant.

And there also players like Dez Bryant who don't put up with their s**t.

lol. He was an exception. That's what happens when Michael Irvin let's you don his #88.

And WR is a diva position, where one can get away with type of s**tty behavior. It's not like an Oline where you have to function as more a team to succeed. If you're a young lineman trying to make it in the league, there's pressure to fit in and listen to your senior statesmen.
Delphins Vets using rookies as ATMs

Link

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Incognito
Richie incognito @68INCOGNITO

@AdamSchefter Enough is enough If you or any of the agents you sound off for have a problem with me, you know where to find me #BRINGIT
Originally posted by jimrat:
Incognito
Richie incognito @68INCOGNITO

@AdamSchefter Enough is enough If you or any of the agents you sound off for have a problem with me, you know where to find me #BRINGIT

Someone is going to blow this guys knee out. Someone already kicked him on the ground and Antonio smith already tried to decapitate him with his helmet earlier this year
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

More untold pieces of the Jonathan Martin story here ... Dolphins OT met with Philbin about his issues back in spring http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000275489/article/jonathan-martin-talked-to-joe-philbin-about-issues-in-spring
All this kind of stuff that is coming out is why I'm glad Harbaugh keeps hazing off our team. No room for it when you are trying to build a team mentality where everyone plays for each other. To me any good coach shouldn't allow it on their team. Also, is it me or does that crap usually happen on the bad teams? It's like you got more things to worry about than pranking each other. You're getting paid millions and they act like high school boys. As for the making rookies pay for stuff how about going after Wallace and his new contract? Make him pay for stuff not the guys making like 500k or less a year. Also, I think Incognito is a piece of s**t who should be banned from the league. We don't need people like him in this league. And not just saying it because of this incident but because of how he has acted his entire football career. It was doing well before him and will do well without him. That being said it would never happen.

Edit: And let me add this look at our mentality in the locker room. Our vets are helping the rookies all they can so they can contribute and make the team better. Our goal is a super bowl win and the vets know we need these rookies to contribute to help us get that. Make them earn it by their play on the field not by belittling them, making them pay for expensive meals and making them slaves.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM ]
Incognito is no longer "incognito"
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/03/dolphins-ask-nfl-to-investigate-player-misconduct-involving-jonathan-martin/

dolphins have asked the NFLPA to investigate the allegations just two days after calling the alleged misconduct as "speculation"
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Incognito is no longer "incognito"

haha, i wish we got to play them so we could bully that slob on the field (where it matters)...
I have never agreed with the rookie hazing in the NFL especially when it comes down to physical abuse and spending the little joey they get. Under this new CBA it is tough on rookies because they pay them chicken change compared to established vets and these rookies might not even make the team so why should they shell out for other grown men that should be saving their own money to buy their own food. I would not do it. Yes I can run errands and what not so long as it doesn't mess up my preparation in making the team but I would not be down with getting pinked out of my spot nor my money. From what I have heard the 49ers are not big on rookie hazing or at least I hope not because to me it takes away from a rookie's focus on making the team and making a year 1 contribution

Yeah I think Looney and others said there isn't really any of it. Maybe get donuts or go get a big lunch order from fast food or something but that's about where I draw the line.
Hazing is f**king retarded at the pro level. These are grown ass men. Jokes are jokes, but hazing and flat out disrespect, or bullying has no place. Grow the f**k up.

You get paid good money, and the NFL is a work place. Act f**king professional.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah I think Looney and others said there isn't really any of it. Maybe get donuts or go get a big lunch order from fast food or something but that's about where I draw the line.

yeah thats fine. carrying pads after practice, washing a dude's car, etc. but paying over 30k? wtf?

these are grown ass men though, they should be able to put their foot down
Ill put it this way, if i came to a new job and my co workers demanded i pay for things, or hacked into my ipad, or made s**tty comments about my fiance, or any number of things that are going on in that locker room, someone is getting f**ked up, I would stand up for myself, but i also would not go back to that place of work.

Everyone handles these situations differently, and i would imagine most young guys would put up with a lot in a scenario like being in a NFL locker room for the first time. These kids have worked their whole lives to get where they are at, and dont want to lose what they have accomplished, but at the same time there is only so much a person can take.

That hard knocks video of the guy taking s**t from incognito who insults his fiance made me want to smash that ipad across his face.

They call it PROFESSIONAL football for a very simple reason. You are getting paid, you are supposed to be a professional, its a f**king work place. Act like it.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

They asked bowman about that a couple weeks ago and he basically said that is all nonsense and he doesn't have time for that crap. Another reason why I like the group of guys on this team
Share 49ersWebzone