LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 198 users in the forums

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Antix
I judged Martin a bit harshly after reading the texts. He was very complicit in the general douchebaggery and I figured he was bring a punk by blaming Incognito for s**t he was involved in.
at 25 years old you need to know how to stand up for yourself. I completely understand laughing things off because I've done it plenty in my life, but when somebody crosses the line you gotta do something

Take some early psychology courses and your mind will be blown away.

There is an ideal way we "think" people should deal with situations
Then there is the typical human behavior that actually occurs

After WWII Americans thought that Nazi behavior following orders and committing genocide were alien. Milgram experiments showed it is actually normal for people to submit to authority if they could displace personal responsibility (i.e., "I was told/ordered to do it").

At our core we are social animals. We follow hierarchy...even if the "dominant" members are psychopaths

People tend to try and fit it...even if the system they are trying to fit in is stupid.
People also tend to avoid conflict. Even if someone "crosses the line"

The reason this "bullying" story is so big is because it shows human behavior in the context of an NFL locker room. Even big tough men fall into social dynamics because there are other big tough men in their social group. They can't all be the dominant/alpha personalities.

Hell there is an entire herd of cloned sheep where the SAME gdamn sheep (every member is a clone) has assumed every position in the social hierarchy.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
lol @ Incognito.

The dude is going nuts. Vandalized his own Ferrari? lol wut
Originally posted by 4ML:
lol @ Incognito.

Perhaps the Ferrari needed to be toughend up? Did it complain through the appropriate channels?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
lol @ Incognito.

Perhaps the Ferrari needed to be toughend up? Did it complain through the appropriate channels?

lol

The funny thing - ppl keep defending Incognito and blame Martin for being mentally weak. Incognito seems like the guy who can't handle the heat. Which is not surprising - that's typical of a bully.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by Antix
I judged Martin a bit harshly after reading the texts. He was very complicit in the general douchebaggery and I figured he was bring a punk by blaming Incognito for s**t he was involved in.
at 25 years old you need to know how to stand up for yourself. I completely understand laughing things off because I've done it plenty in my life, but when somebody crosses the line you gotta do something

Take some early psychology courses and your mind will be blown away.

There is an ideal way we "think" people should deal with situations
Then there is the typical human behavior that actually occurs

After WWII Americans thought that Nazi behavior following orders and committing genocide were alien. Milgram experiments showed it is actually normal for people to submit to authority if they could displace personal responsibility (i.e., "I was told/ordered to do it").

At our core we are social animals. We follow hierarchy...even if the "dominant" members are psychopaths

People tend to try and fit it...even if the system they are trying to fit in is stupid.
People also tend to avoid conflict. Even if someone "crosses the line"

The reason this "bullying" story is so big is because it shows human behavior in the context of an NFL locker room. Even big tough men fall into social dynamics because there are other big tough men in their social group. They can't all be the dominant/alpha personalities.

Hell there is an entire herd of cloned sheep where the SAME gdamn sheep (every member is a clone) has assumed every position in the social hierarchy.

ya this pretty much sums it up. it's easy for people to call him a p***y or that he's soft, when they have never been in that position. just because you are 300 lbs doesn't automatically make you a bad ass.
lol @ Incognito.

Yeah, he's a pretty stable person
Incognito tore up his Ferrari. He must be really struggling.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Incognito tore up his Ferrari. He must be really struggling.

He got involuntarily admitted to a psych ward on top of that, he's losing his s**t.
Dolphins might need a restraining order for this assclown. He still doesn't get that life has consequences, maybe they need to double his meds or something.

Richie Incognito recently resurfaced on Twitter, after exiting the facility he entered to address severe mental stress he was experiencing in the aftermath of the release of the Ted Wells report. And despite all the things that went wrong in Miami for Incognito, Incognito wants to return to Miami. "Returning to the Dolphins was my number one goal from the time I got suspended," Incognito told WSVN-TV on Wednesday. "I want to return to the community in Miami and resume my playing career as soon as possible," Incognito said. He confirmed that he entered a private mental-health facility to deal with the stress he was experiencing. "I was stressed," Incognito said. "I believe in post traumatic stress syndrome, and I believe in private mental health care."

I don't think there's an iota of a percentage of a smidgen of a chance that Miami takes this guy back, he's still off his rocker.
Being an overall first draft pick caliber type player oversees anything in the NFL sometimes.

Look at OJ,LT,TO,Ray Lewis etc.

Killers and psychos yet are adored in football lore.

Martin is in the BEST possible place he can be.

JH knows him very well and our coaches know how to develop players.

Add to that he'll have very little pressure since he isn't start ing and knows JH/Roman's offensive philosophies so he can pick it up fast.

He'll be in on jumbo packages and is one of the best swing tackles we've had in a long time.

Win-win!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Martin is in the BEST possible place he can be.

JH knows him very well and our coaches know how to develop players.

Add to that he'll have very little pressure since he isn't start ing and knows JH/Roman's offensive philosophies so he can pick it up fast.

He'll be in on jumbo packages and is one of the best swing tackles we've had in a long time.

Win-win!

He still has a tremendous upside , certain fans will talk $hit about him , like "they" could have dealt with the psychos in that dysfunctional dolphins locker room ...I'm glad he landed with us, a franchise that wont take any crap or put up with that nonsense from locker room cancers , Jon Martin will be an asset to our offensive line by mid season
Good call NeeJ49er!

I think the guy will grow and mature into a top tier Tackle.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good call NeeJ49er!

I think the guy will grow and mature into a top tier Tackle.

yup , he could be an asset at backup LT / RT , or start in a pinch if we need him
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Being an overall first draft pick caliber type player oversees anything in the NFL sometimes.

Look at OJ,LT,TO,Ray Lewis etc.

Killers and psychos yet are adored in football lore.
I think O.J. has lost his luster it seems like people go out of their way not to mention him. Lately whenever anyone was pursuing the 2,000 yard rushing mark no one mentions O.J. being the first one to do it and the only one to do it in 14 games anymore. Seems like he only gets mentioned when there is no way around it.
[ Edited by BobS on Apr 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone