LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
what part was difficult to understand?

dont know how you went from NFL locker room to the 101 then columbine.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Were back to square 1. If he was getting picked on then he should have said something to incognito. After all Martin is an Adult!!! Not a Child!!! He didnt know how to deal with "Adult" situations or how to react to them.

In what universe is any of this an ADULT situation? I'm not entirely sure the RI is even human much less an adult.
Ok I've finally decided to ink my words regarding this situation. In the beginning when this whole mess started I was really ticked off at JM for coming out to the media. I thought this kind of sh!t should have been handled within the house. Came to find out the "house" was broken. No authoritative person was in control of the "house". Furthermore, I read up on RI and his past. I was blown away by this cats passed. This dude has a thick skull. He's the Juggernaut of NFL. No matter what is asked of him it won't seep in through his metal head. So since the "house" was in shambles I believe JM had no choice but to make all of this public. In doing so I personally believe JM's giving hopes to all these kids whom are constantly bullied throughout different walks of life that it's OK to go and report alleged abuse and bullying to adults. I mean how many times do you hear somebody has committed suicide because the bullying reached the point of no return. Before people decide to jump on my pubic symphysis regarding how JM was an Adult than listen up KIDS I've got and Adult story to tell(coming on my next response).

Then came the report today. Oh brother. Am truly surprised that back in October when this first came to light that the headlines didn't read: JM is charged with mass murdering his teammates within the locker room. In all honesty I've to give JM credit for not going ape sh!t and shooting up the place similar to the likes of 101 Bayshore Building(happened in early '90's), Waco church fire orchestrated by David Koresh, Oklahoma City Federal Building bombings, Uni Bomber incidents, massacre at Columbine High School, VaTech shooting, Aurora Colorado theater shooting, Nebraska mall shooting, Sandy Hook elementary shooting. These are samples of what happens when some individual(s) are sent off the edge. I'm not condoning this behavior but had JM gone out blazing YOU ALL would flap your gums saying sh!t like "he should have gone to authorities such as coaches, media, police, parents...etc". Once he believed that going to coaches wasn't the best thing to do (see the OLine coaches behavior in the DW report) JM probably concluded that there's not need to go to Philbin. So he made the world aware of his daily life. He's reserves the RIGHT TO PROTECT HIMSELF FOREMOST.

People should be commending JM for keeping calm and using his brains and not doing anything irrational that would have caused taking the lives of others(see KC Linebacker's story). JM is now getting looked up like he's modern day Sammy The Bull. And RI wasn't the only one. Mike Pouncey and John Jerry are piece of sh!t humans also. I knew everything about Mike Pouncey when him and his twin were strutting around claiming Aaron Hernandez's innocence. Guess birds of feather....

You know what they say about KARMA....

It's the exact energy that you put out that comes right back to you infinity folds over.

I thought the same thing. Incognito specifically kept a neat ledger of some of the s**t he was pulling and mentioning that certain guys were "breaking", if any NFL locker room was going to be the victim of a mass shooting incident, Miami was it. It's f**king amazing that something crazy didn't go down in that madhouse.

I was in the Army, where we talk tons of s**t to each other, very un-PC environment, yet we NEVER tried to push someone to their breaking point. We'd talk s**t all day, but it was good-natured, we'd talk s**t about your mom, your sister, where you're from, your accent, the car you drive, everything under the sun but there were boundaries that you simply never crossed because you understood that any one in the unit could be the guy watching your back in combat. Everybody is different but its impossible not to notice when someone is getting to the point where they've had enough. Some people will get ready to swing on you, others will cuss you out, others will simply get quiet and withdrawn, the way Martin did, but its always easily recognizable, if you're a normal person and not a sociopath anyways.

Its basic common sense, its s**t you learn when you're a little kid, basic social behavior and maintaining boundaries. The problem is that I think Incognito is truly f**ked in the head, he's got some chemical imbalance which is why he's been such a f**k-up and has gone from team to team. He's not right upstairs and lacks the social skills of the average person, instead trying to intimidate others and degrade them.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
dont know how you went from NFL locker room to the 101 then columbine.

Because that is how Columbine happens, that is how mass shootings happen. Sometimes these people are just plain nuts, but other times, they've just been f**ked with so much that they go ahead and snap and by all accounts, Incognito was doing his best to simply get guys such as Garner and Martin, to snap.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
In what universe is any of this an ADULT situation? I'm not entirely sure the RI is even human much less an adult.

K. Like i said before.. In any walk of life you will face advirceries(sp) obstecals(sp), resistacne(sp).. How you face this things will make you a MAN
Incognito is no angel
But he's no where near as bad as Haley or Romonawski (sp)
Those guys did more then just talk
Yet incognitos verbal abuse apparently is too much
But those guys actions are ok?

I've read through all the texts between them.
Remove the names and I'd think you're showing me texts between me and my friends
Do I think incognito thought they where friends? Yes
Do I think incognito felt it was starting to be too much for Martin? Yes, especially after he was benched
But really all Martin had to do was stand up for himself. His mom and dad said it, he said it. Yet he never did anything
Instead he blamed his schools for being too soft.

I don't want either on the 49ers. If I was forced to pick one, it'll be incognito
Football is mostly mental, and we can't have a mentally weak person
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I thought the same thing. Incognito specifically kept a neat ledger of some of the s**t he was pulling and mentioning that certain guys were "breaking", if any NFL locker room was going to be the victim of a mass shooting incident, Miami was it. It's f**king amazing that something crazy didn't go down in that madhouse.

I was in the Army, where we talk tons of s**t to each other, very un-PC environment, yet we NEVER tried to push someone to their breaking point. We'd talk s**t all day, but it was good-natured, we'd talk s**t about your mom, your sister, where you're from, your accent, the car you drive, everything under the sun but there were boundaries that you simply never crossed because you understood that any one in the unit could be the guy watching your back in combat. Everybody is different but its impossible not to notice when someone is getting to the point where they've had enough. Some people will get ready to swing on you, others will cuss you out, others will simply get quiet and withdrawn, the way Martin did, but its always easily recognizable, if you're a normal person and not a sociopath anyways.

Its basic common sense, its s**t you learn when you're a little kid, basic social behavior and maintaining boundaries. The problem is that I think Incognito is truly f**ked in the head, he's got some chemical imbalance which is why he's been such a f**k-up and has gone from team to team. He's not right upstairs and lacks the social skills of the average person, instead trying to intimidate others and degrade them.

See but incognito never physically hurt anyone, just the same "good natured" joking, except Martin played along. So as far as they knew it was ok since he still went out and partied and texted and hung out with them. Martin didnt withdrawal until he "snapped". Hence why they gave the other guy credit since they all thought he would snap first
I see ESPN attempting Round 2 of this circus. Comical
Originally posted by solidg2000:
See but incognito never physically hurt anyone, just the same "good natured" joking, except Martin played along. So as far as they knew it was ok since he still went out and partied and texted and hung out with them. Martin didnt withdrawal until he "snapped". Hence why they gave the other guy credit since they all thought he would snap first

Cut the BS. Incognito absolutely knew that Martin didn't like being f**ked with, go back through the report, its all in there, Incognito even admits that he knew Martin wasn't happy. He also was begging people to destroy the ledger he had been writing in as soon as the s**t hit the fan. Innocent people who know they are in the right, don't do that.

He knew that Martin had suicidal thoughts previously, he also knew that Martin wasn't happy with the way he was being treated, he laughed at another offensive lineman and openly wondered how long it would take for him to have a breakdown mentally.

Either you're completely naive or you're pushing this to support your argument that this is all Martin's fault and everything that Incognito did was not psychopathic and self serving.
Originally posted by solidg2000:

You don't get it. Martin became suicidal. He started to withdraw from Oline activities during the offseason because he knew he was going to get f**ked with. Incognito even acknowledged that it wqs beginning to become too much. He snapped during the offseason. He told Incognito twice he was considering suicide. So this good natured environment you're trying to draw only makes since during his rookie year but going into year two it was enough and Incognito knew it.

He's said it himself
It would all stop if he could stand up for himself
But he said himself he was too much of a p***y to ever do that
Originally posted by Touchdownboy1980:
I see ESPN attempting Round 2 of this circus. Comical

Do you expect anything less? This is what they do. Its a big story and they're news outlet.

Ok I've finally decided to ink my words regarding this situation. In the beginning when this whole mess started I was really ticked off at JM for coming out to the media. I thought this kind of sh!t should have been handled within the house. Came to find out the "house" was broken. No authoritative person was in control of the "house". Furthermore, I read up on RI and his past. I was blown away by this cats passed. This dude has a thick skull. He's the Juggernaut of NFL. No matter what is asked of him it won't seep in through his metal head. So since the "house" was in shambles I believe JM had no choice but to make all of this public. In doing so I personally believe JM's giving hopes to all these kids whom are constantly bullied throughout different walks of life that it's OK to go and report alleged abuse and bullying to adults. I mean how many times do you hear somebody has committed suicide because the bullying reached the point of no return. Before people decide to jump on my pubic symphysis regarding how JM was an Adult than listen up KIDS I've got and Adult story to tell(coming on my next response).

Then came the report today. Oh brother. Am truly surprised that back in October when this first came to light that the headlines didn't read: JM is charged with mass murdering his teammates within the locker room. In all honesty I've to give JM credit for not going ape sh!t and shooting up the place similar to the likes of 101 Bayshore Building(happened in early '90's), Waco church fire orchestrated by David Koresh, Oklahoma City Federal Building bombings, Uni Bomber incidents, massacre at Columbine High School, VaTech shooting, Aurora Colorado theater shooting, Nebraska mall shooting, Sandy Hook elementary shooting. These are samples of what happens when some individual(s) are sent off the edge. I'm not condoning this behavior but had JM gone out blazing YOU ALL would flap your gums saying sh!t like "he should have gone to authorities such as coaches, media, police, parents...etc". Once he believed that going to coaches wasn't the best thing to do (see the OLine coaches behavior in the DW report) JM probably concluded that there's not need to go to Philbin. So he made the world aware of his daily life. He's reserves the RIGHT TO PROTECT HIMSELF FOREMOST.

People should be commending JM for keeping calm and using his brains and not doing anything irrational that would have caused taking the lives of others(see KC Linebacker's story). JM is now getting looked up like he's modern day Sammy The Bull. And RI wasn't the only one. Mike Pouncey and John Jerry are piece of sh!t humans also. I knew everything about Mike Pouncey when him and his twin were strutting around claiming Aaron Hernandez's innocence. Guess birds of feather....

You know what they say about KARMA....

It's the exact energy that you put out that comes right back to you infinity folds over.

Well said, sir.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Do you expect anything less? This is what they do. Its a big story and they're news outlet.

Marcus Smart was a big story. An insight in typical locker room behavior is not.
Originally posted by eonblue:
You don't get it. Martin became suicidal. He started to withdraw from Oline activities during the offseason because he knew he was going to get f**ked with. Incognito even acknowledged that it wqs beginning to become too much. He snapped during the offseason. He told Incognito twice he was considering suicide. So this good natured environment you're trying to draw only makes since during his rookie year but going into year two it was enough and Incognito knew it.

When it comes to Incognito, this is the same guy that got sent to anger management classes by Nebraska his freshman year in college because he couldn't stop from starting fights, with opponents and even with his own teammates. The fighting continued, he ended up with a conviction for assault, got booted out of Nebraska, went to Oregon where he lasted less than 7 days total. He's clearly got issues, he's always had issues, at this point, I don't see where his place in the NFL is, he needs to get professional help.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 15, 2014 at 1:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Touchdownboy1980:
Marcus Smart was a big story. An insight in typical locker room behavior is not.

Well I don't agree but whatever. Smart is a good kid that let his emotions get the best of him. 15000 fans againsg you as you're team who was supposed to contend implodes down the stretch. That makes sense. His frustration makes sense because he's young and immature. Incognito is 30 with a history of bad behavior. Not much on excuse for his actions. You don't have to watch ESPN if you don't like it tho. Personally Im glad they're talking about relevant issues and not 19yr olds acting their age.
Share 49ersWebzone