LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Yeah I agree. Everyone involved in abusing others should be s**tcanned. Rebuild the locker room and start investing in good character. Hell, hire Mike Nolan as GM and bring in his kind of guys.

Not surprised at all to see this happen at Miami. Their owner Stephen Ross is a buffoon, and that trickles down to the rest of the organization. The inmates took over the asylum. Ross is the leader of that loony bin.

The worst part is that Incognito still clearly does NOT get it, he's back at it on Twitter again, acting like he's being targeted for no reason. He's been exposed for being completely manipulative, the way most bullies tend to be, a lot of the stuff he said previously, such as in that interview on Fox, has turned out to be b******t basically. If anyone is deserving of a long-term ban, its this ass clown.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
How can you abuse your trainer? The guy's job is to keep you healthy and talk like that to him? WTF?!?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The worst part is that Incognito still clearly does NOT get it, he's back at it on Twitter again, acting like he's being targeted for no reason. He's been exposed for being completely manipulative, the way most bullies tend to be, a lot of the stuff he said previously, such as in that interview on Fox, has turned out to be b******t basically. If anyone is deserving of a long-term ban, its this ass clown.

He'll never get it. The guy is a sociopath. He went on Fox with Glazer, looked him dead in the eye, and lied through his teeth without even blinking. It was a hell of an act. I almost believed him, he came across as so sincere. He's an expert liar, deceiver, and all-round jackass. I hope he played his last down in the league.
Well, I didn't know for sure that the Wells report would be so damning for Incognito... but, this is why I thought it was dumb of him to blast Martin. Now his twitter blast/rant just falls in line with what the Wells report is saying, that he is a bully... I'm confused at how he thought the Wells report was going to blast Martin. Did he really think a guy born in 1950 was going to understand the generation of people born in the late 70s-early 90s?? And how we talk to our friends? The stuff we say is vulgar and offensive to them. It is just how we are..

Oh well, nobody ever accused football players of being smart
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Well, I didn't know for sure that the Wells report would be so damning for Incognito... but, this is why I thought it was dumb of him to blast Martin. Now his twitter blast/rant just falls in line with what the Wells report is saying, that he is a bully... I'm confused at how he thought the Wells report was going to blast Martin. Did he really think a guy born in 1950 was going to understand the generation of people born in the late 70s-early 90s?? And how we talk to our friends? The stuff we say is vulgar and offensive to them. It is just how we are..

Calling the assistant trainer a "c&^%k" is how "we" talk to each other? Anyone claiming that this is merely an issue of communication between different generation's is out of their mind. This was a textbook case of workplace harassment and discrimination and went far beyond just one guy going over the line a little when it came to ribbing a teammate. These guys were absolutely out of control with apparently no adults anywhere to be found.

This is a good opportunity for the evolutionary regressives such as Incognito to figure out that there are limits to everything.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 14, 2014 at 7:35 PM ]
Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey admitted that they directed racially derogatory words toward him, including "Jap" and "Chinaman." At times, according to Martin, they referred to the Assistant Trainer as a "dirty communist" or a "North Korean," made demands such as "give me some water you ****ing chink," spoke to him in a phony, mocking Asian accent, including asking for "rubby rubby sucky sucky," and called his mother a "rub and tug masseuse." Martin and others informed us that Incognito and Jerry taunted the Assistant Trainer with jokes about having sex with his girlfriend. Incognito admitted that these types of comments were made to the Assistant Trainer. On December 7, 2012 (the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor), Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey donned traditional Japanese headbands that featured a rising sun emblem and jokingly threatened to harm the Assistant Trainer physically in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor attack. Martin reported that the Assistant Trainer confided to him that he was upset about the Pearl Harbor prank, finding it derogatory and demeaning.

After reading that, how can anyone not think Incognito is a piece of trash? He's a damn mental case.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Feb 14, 2014 at 7:44 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Let's not (all of a sudden) get it twisted again. Both Cry Baby Boy and Incokneato are both LOVERBOYS behind closed doors... to each other, that is
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

Wells didnt have to understand the culture. The report is split into sections. The first section is more conclusion based wheresas the second is purely factual. It contains a complete overview of all the collected information in the 1st and 2nd year of JMs career. Basically you're allowed to draw your own conclusions by reading the 2nd section.

As much as I agree with your point I don't feel Incognito is gettinf treated unfairly. He was the type of guy you don't invite out because you know he's going to get drunk and turn into a neanderthal. Unfortunately Martin didn't have choice in the matter because he was under contract. The culture doesn't give him a pass because alternately I dont believes all athletes act that way. I guarentee this team doesn't act nowhere near that abusive because there professionals and this is their job. If any of us treated a coworker like that it would be put on ice real quick. The onky difference is this was a locker room and that somehow makes it different. Sounds like just another b******t excuse for regressive behavior IMO.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
An excerpt from the report:

"When we interviewed him, Martin said he was most offended by persistent vulgar references to members of his family, with whom he is close. According to Martin, these were not harmless one-off "yo mama" jokes, but cutting comments delivered with the intention to demean. The evidence supports a finding that Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey repeatedly and persistently made graphic, sexually explicit comments about Martin's sister, a medical student whom they had never met. Four fairly typical examples of the types of insults made orally, according to Martin, are:

 -We are going to run train on your sister. She loves me. I'm going to f**k her without a condom and cum in her c**t.

 -Hey, Jmart's sister is in town. Get the plastic sheets ready, she's a squirter.

 -I'm going to bang the s**t out of her and spit on her and treat her like s**t.

 -Hear your sister has a wolf-puss. A fat, hairy p***y. "

so much win in this report.

edit: there's more!

"Martin said that he was particularly offended by these crude comments about his sister and that his transparent discomfort only increased the frequency and intensity of the insults. Martin also recalled that the comments about his sister were sometimes accompanied by obscene physical gestures. For example, he claimed that on the practice field, Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey would call his sister a "squirter" and then squirt water onto the field from their water bottles, and that while engaged in certain warm-up stretching exercises, they would simulate having sex with his sister. The evidence confirmed these allegations."

how can anyone seriously be offended by this?

f**king gold!!!!
How can someone be offended!!?!?
When it's all said and done, remember, they've never met his sister. It's all a f**king joke!
The only person who had a real case is the assistant trainer, yet he wasn't the one crying about it

Originally posted by eonblue:
Wells didnt have to understand the culture. The report is split into sections. The first section is more conclusion based wheresas the second is purely factual. It contains a complete overview of all the collected information in the 1st and 2nd year of JMs career. Basically you're allowed to draw your own conclusions by reading the 2nd section.

As much as I agree with your point I don't feel Incognito is gettinf treated unfairly. He was the type of guy you don't invite out because you know he's going to get drunk and turn into a neanderthal. Unfortunately Martin didn't have choice in the matter because he was under contract. The culture doesn't give him a pass because alternately I dont believes all athletes act that way. I guarentee this team doesn't act nowhere near that abusive because there professionals and this is their job. If any of us treated a coworker like that it would be put on ice real quick. The onky difference is this was a locker room and that somehow makes it different. Sounds like just another b******t excuse for regressive behavior IMO.

If you take Jonathan Martin out of this 100%, completely ignore him in this situation, all these guys are still f**ked because of the way they treated others, such as the assistant trainer. There's not even the slightest rational argument that you can make to justify their treatment of that guy, the "boys will be boys" rhetoric falls completely flat on its face. You're talking about someone who was consistently harassed and degraded in his workplace in violation of a whole bevy of federal labor laws. There's absolutely no explaining that away, or the actual physical abuse brought upon the individual only identified as Player A who greeted with anti-homosexual slurs and what can in the most basic terms be considered sexual assault.

So no, for those trying to excuse this, that s**t doesn't fly, this wasn't even a normal locker room situation, what you had was a toxic environment and various players that Wells talked to admitted as much, one even went as far as saying that while Incognito was a good player, he was a poison that destroyed the locker room.

The stuff I've read about, could you for one moment imagine coaches like Harbaugh, Tomsula or Fangio letting this s**t fly, non-stop harassment of players and staff, over and over? This was bush league at best.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
The only person who had a real case is the assistant trainer, yet he wasn't the one crying about it

Of course, harassing the guy is perfectly acceptable if he's too worried about losing his job to speak up.
Of course, harassing the guy is perfectly acceptable if he's too worried about losing his job to speak up.

Which is precisely the reason he didn't say anything. It states this in the report. He felt he would lose the trust and ultimately his job if he said anything. He sent Martin a text the day,after he left the team and said sometimes the harassment makes him want to quit too.

There was just no leadership in the locker room. Ingonito was allowed to feel the void and this is what happens when you have a sociopath at the top of the food chain.
[ Edited by eonblue on Feb 14, 2014 at 8:29 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Which is precisely the reason he didn't say anything. It states this in the report. He felt he would lose the trust and ultimately his job if he said anything. He sent Martin a text the day,after he left the team and said sometimes the harassment makes him want to quit too.

There was just no leadership in the locker room. Ingonito was allowed to feel the void and this is what happens when you have a sociopath at the top of the food chain.

Its no wonder their OL was so s**tty after seeing the stuff that went down. When you have a toxic environment like this, it permeates through everything, including on-field performance. The people that are trying to defend this as something normal are full of s**t. In a normal locker room, people aren't harassed to the breaking point and then beyond. You rib each other, you say some random inappropriate stuff at times but this report makes it sound like there was a real predator mentality, just systematically poisoning the well so to speak.
Just read through the s**t
Martin is a p***y. Plain and simple, he even admits it
I personally think the trainer thing was a bit much but I respect the trainer for not going all Martin on everyone.

We had a female trainer. And you best believe everyone gave her s**t. Or made sexual references to her.
She never cried sexual harassment, she even joked back.

And Nate Garner said it's been going on for 5 years (pre pouncey/incognito)
Share 49ersWebzone