LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
That is pretty standard fare for bullies and victims...the victims befriend them in self interest. Did you guys grow up in a convent?

Another theory could be Incognito was mentoring him, which is by the a responsibility he takes on as OL captain, and Martin just couldn't handle his bullish personality. I'm not going to paint him as a bad teammate because he throws around meaningless trash talk about wanting to f*** his sister.

Most of his teammates say he was mentoring him. Obviously he was too strong handed in trying to toughen up the kid. Sometimes personalities clash and this seems to be the case. Until Martin says otherwise I'm going to listen to teammates who had firsthand knowledge of the situations take on it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation

Exactly MT @jessespector We're all still acting like Jay Glazer training athletes he's covering isn't a huge conflict of interest, right?
Incognito being interviewed on Fox NFL Sunday claiming he was Martin's "best friend on the team".
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell

Would like to see FOX release the version of this Incognito interview that doesn't have his responses edited/cut off in mid-sentence.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Incognito being interviewed on Fox NFL Sunday claiming he was Martin's "best friend on the team".

They shared over 1,100 text messages. Apparently he thought he was Martin's best friend. I'm not passing judgement anymore until I see Martin's account. This whole deal is blurred. Incognito obviously was crossing some line, but I don't think Martin knew where his own line was.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch

Will re-watch Glazer interview multiple times today. Some v. good Qs. Punted on any hard Qs on allegedly harassing a women at a golf course.

Fox Sports and @JayGlazer say this is the full transcript of the Incognito interview that aired on FoxNFLSunday:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Richie-Incognito-Miami-Dolphins-Jonathan-Martin-Jay-Glazer-full-transcript-111013?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:NFLonFOX
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM ]
alot of dolphins are on INCOGNITOS' side.

Martin has stepped on ancient guild ground that dates back to high school locker room depths.

Incognito is one of their best , if not the best players on the team.

He's calling black guys the N word and they're ok with it.

Always 2+ sides to every story.

I'll wait and see.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Another theory could be Incognito was mentoring him, which is by the a responsibility he takes on as OL captain, and Martin just couldn't handle his bullish personality. I'm not going to paint him as a bad teammate because he throws around meaningless trash talk about wanting to f*** his sister.

My point is less about Incognito than about the organization that would allow him to "mentor" a young player. Does his history really lead you to believe he has the judgement and mental stability to be a role model? I know that some try to turn a guy around by putting him in a leadership position, but wise management keeps a very close eye on these situations as they can blow up in your face. Sounds like the intent of the management was to change Martin and make him tougher, meaner or more physical. The best way to do that is not to subject him to racial slurs and family slams. They should have hired Singletary to run the nutcracker with the OLine.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
They shared over 1,100 text messages. Apparently he thought he was Martin's best friend. I'm not passing judgement anymore until I see Martin's account. This whole deal is blurred. Incognito obviously was crossing some line, but I don't think Martin knew where his own line was.

This seems to be a really good stand on the situation. I can't dismiss my feelings about Incognito and team management but there may be some extenuating circumstances that make Martin somewhat less a victim. It would not surprise me if both players are a bit unstable mentally...Incognito I have no doubt. Would be very curious to get Harbaugh's take on it...but that will never happen!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dave Zirin ‏@EdgeofSports

What was @Deadspin's verdict on @JayGlazer-Incognito interview? "A f--king joke."
http://deadspin.com/richie-incognito-speaks-says-hes-not-a-racist-or-a-bu-1461816777

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

not only that, but they were spotted at numerous off the field events together. where it was literally just them 2 and no other teammates. said the thing plenty of times already, i don't think richie is innocent in this, but i dont martin is either. theres something else going on here.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Nov 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM ]
ill murder your whole family

vs

half n***a
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

vs

half n***a

'

Seems a lot worse till you see its just this.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

vs

half n***a

'

Seems a lot worse till you see its just this.

And we haven't even seen the entire conversation. This could be 1 of 10 memes that they sent back and forth.
Oh god, I hope Harbaugh doesn't get dragged into this

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/24/ted-wells-will-talk-to-jake-long-possibly-folks-at-stanford/
Share 49ersWebzone