There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Incognito sounds like an animal!!

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha/

i don't deny that incognito is a dick, a douche, etc.

but the whole thing is overblown IMO. martin needs to act like an adult. he could have dealt with this in such a better way.

I was being sarcastic lol
In the article the ex teammate said incognito would reach out to Martin
He even showed concern for Martin after Martin stormed out

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

LOL! Yeah, bullies never "act" concerned when caught in their actions. Really, this is too much. Neither guy is comparable to Aaron Hernandez, so this whole thing is getting a bit odd. But the idea that a bully is incapable of acting flies in the face of my experience.

Knew a bully who took everyone's food and minor possessions...not one person complained because they knew this bully was very bright and patient...retribution may take a week or two or more but it will come. Nice for Richie to say how much he cares...did he also call and say he really doesn't mean all the hate speech? Maybe he can go to a Hallmark Store and make things right.

The silver lining in this is that I believe the Miami Dolphins management deserves to have the team implode and it's on that course. Go Richie!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Of topic but the fins are crazy. Please tell me the bold is not true, trade away your starting corner because he has a small bladder? Wow.

Coach Joe Philbin, who was in his third month as Dolphins coach at the time, didn't cut Incognito. Oh, the coach was seen that season as standing up for the right kind of players, as Miami cut Chad Johnson after his domestic violence issue and traded Vontae Davis because, in part, he went to the bathroom too much during practice.

But Incognito, who did this misdeed, remained part of the team and locker room. He was one of the men Philbin talked about when he often said the Dolphins have the right kind of character in the locker room.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/11/incognito-violated-nfl-policy-before-with-no-sanctions.html#storylink=cpy

The article questions if the 'fins even reported Incognito's legal issues from 2012 or if they swept it under the rug and hid it from the NFL.
[ Edited by sfout on Nov 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Of topic but the fins are crazy. Please tell me the bold is not true, trade away your a starting corner because he has a small bladder? Wow.

Coach Joe Philbin, who was in his third month as Dolphins coach at the time, didn't cut Incognito. Oh, the coach was seen that season as standing up for the right kind of players, as Miami cut Chad Johnson after his domestic violence issue and traded Vontae Davis because, in part, he went to the bathroom too much during practice.

But Incognito, who did this misdeed, remained part of the team and locker room. He was one of the men Philbin talked about when he often said the Dolphins have the right kind of character in the locker room.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/11/incognito-violated-nfl-policy-before-with-no-sanctions.html#storylink=cpy

Personally I'm loving watching their team implode. I feel for the guys in that locker room who have their heads screwed on straight, but their Owner and GM are clowns. They deserve every bit of this embarrassment.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

LOL! Yeah, bullies never "act" concerned when caught in their actions. Really, this is too much. Neither guy is comparable to Aaron Hernandez, so this whole thing is getting a bit odd. But the idea that a bully is incapable of acting flies in the face of my experience.

Knew a bully who took everyone's food and minor possessions...not one person complained because they knew this bully was very bright and patient...retribution may take a week or two or more but it will come. Nice for Richie to say how much he cares...did he also call and say he really doesn't mean all the hate speech? Maybe he can go to a Hallmark Store and make things right.

The silver lining in this is that I believe the Miami Dolphins management deserves to have the team implode and it's on that course. Go Richie!

As far as everyone knew, they were friends (incognito and Martin). And that's been reported widely. So from everyone who was involved it was from left field. It also seems that Martin was never excluded from any event, they went out of their way to include him.

The team said Martin had left the team due to personal issues. That was it, and that is common. Martin and his agent then said he was being bullied on national television. So yes he cried to the media. Then he accused incognito and released the voicemail. The voicemail that he passed around and joked about in the locker room. The voicemail who was not released in its entirety. And please hate speech? That's everyday regular friends talk. The worst things I've ever said in my life were directed at friends in a joking manor. Idk how many times my friends have said they'd do this or that to my sister/mother. My response is usually it's ok cause I already did this or that to yours.

And if I worked with that bully, he would of already ate xlax chocolate brownies at least twice if not more.
Fox apparently interviewed Incognito today and it will tomorrow on the pre game show. He said he's worried about Martin's health and considered him his best friend on the team.

I don't know if Martin felt obligated to be his friend because he was O Line captain or because the Miami coaching staff pushed it onto him but it really just seems like Incognito is guilty of being a constant drunken frat house boy.
LOL....His best friend...

So who did Incognitos dad hear all that nonsense from he was spewing on discussion boards?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

So who did Incognitos dad hear all that nonsense from he was spewing on discussion boards?

Was it really his dad?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Love quarrels

Was it really his dad?

Everything points to an obvious yes.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Incognito sounds like an animal!!

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-dolphins-lydon-murtha/

i don't deny that incognito is a dick, a douche, etc.

but the whole thing is overblown IMO. martin needs to act like an adult. he could have dealt with this in such a better way.

i know you were, i was js
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Fox apparently interviewed Incognito today and it will tomorrow on the pre game show. He said he's worried about Martin's health and considered him his best friend on the team.

I don't know if Martin felt obligated to be his friend because he was O Line captain or because the Miami coaching staff pushed it onto him but it really just seems like Incognito is guilty of being a constant drunken frat house boy.

that's how i view him, people can't stand gusy like that, i get it. but it doesn't mean he's some horrible person the way the media is making him out to be.

It's his dad and it really doesn't seem like he fell too far from the tree either. That says nothing about their friendship. When you have everyone on the team saying they were friends I'm going to go with that..
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 10, 2013 at 7:49 AM ]
They are ghey lovers caught up in a fit of jealousy and an attempt to stay in the closet

IMO