LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 329 users in the forums

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
the voicemail was a joke, even martin took it as a joke. also, the full voicemail is not released yet. reports are that he ends the message by making it known it was a joke as well.

like i said before, theres more to this story.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
the voicemail was a joke, even martin took it as a joke. also, the full voicemail is not released yet. reports are that he ends the message by making it known it was a joke as well.

How do you know this? Because Hartline, who later subjected his comments to the "I may have been mistaken" label said so? Once again, just because Brian Hartline made the claim doesn't mean it actually happened, especially when teammates like Tannehill didn't remember it at all.

Its hilarious how readily people are willing to buy the b******t coming out of the Dolphins locker room. Thus far I know there was a voicemail sent to Martin, I know the voicemail was absolutely filthy and contained racist comments, I know that the Dolphins coaches sicced a goon like Incognito on Martin to "toughen him up", beyond that, there's little else known factually.

Inconsistent claims from a bunch of players who are circling the wagons to protect their dysfunctional locker room have no merit to me at this point.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by English:
Leaving the team and the game he has trained for and which pays his salary is scarcely a hissy fit. It may be an extremely brave act or an extremely desperate one. And you demean it with a stupid phrase.

Hopefully, you are never in a position where such an option appears the only solution. In the meantime keep the personal remarks out of what is a somewhat emotional thread.

what personal remarks?

yes, I think a grown man who got upset and left the team because a few of his teammates pulled an innocent prank on him is enough for me to call it a hissy fit.

"Like I said, grow up".

And if you think all that happened to Martin is an innocent prank, I don't know what to say to you at all. If it all happened to you, I wonder how you would feel.

im not allowed to say that martin needs to grow up? lol
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

How do you know this? Because Hartline, who later subjected his comments to the "I may have been mistaken" label said so? Once again, just because Brian Hartline made the claim doesn't mean it actually happened, especially when teammates like Tannehill didn't remember it at all.

ya that could be true, but why would he just make it up and lie about something like this? the nfl is investigating, the dolphins are investigating, he would be putting his career on the line with this lie. and most player DO NOT speak to reporters about what goes on in the locker room, and if they do it seems like its always an anonymous guy saying it, or after they retire. i'm not surprised that dolphin players "didnt know" about this...come on, cant believe anybody would buy that.

it's hard to believe that his teamates didnt know this was going on, especially the QB. you'd think martin would show some kind of frustration, and if it was that bad, i doubt he would be able to perform as a starter. learning the playbook is hard enough for a rookie and getting used to the NFL, i doubt he would've been able to play at this high of a level if he was actually getting "harassed" by richie. especially if this kid is that "weak" minded, he would've folded way before last week.
ya that could be true, but why would he just make it up and lie about something like this? the nfl is investigating, the dolphins are investigating, he would be putting his career on the line with this lie. and most player DO NOT speak to reporters about what goes on in the locker room, and if they do it seems like its always an anonymous guy saying it, or after they retire. i'm not surprised that dolphin players "didnt know" about this...come on, cant believe anybody would buy that.

it's hard to believe that his teamates didnt know this was going on, especially the QB. you'd think martin would show some kind of frustration, and if it was that bad, i doubt he would be able to perform as a starter. learning the playbook is hard enough for a rookie and getting used to the NFL, i doubt he would've been able to play at this high of a level if he was actually getting "harassed" by richie. especially if this kid is that "weak" minded, he would've folded way before last week.

If you understand that virtually every single veteran leader they had in 2012 left the team and a goon like Incognito became one of the top veterans and team leaders, it makes perfect sense. If you read the statement published by Martin's attorney, it was basically a shot across the bow, it indicated that Incognito wasn't the only one involved in harassing Martin.

In the end, once the NFL independent investigator does his job, cuts through the BS and collects his evidence, we'll know a lot more about what really happened. I just think its amusing how much the Dolphins organization has started to try and whitewash the whole situation over the past couple of days. The transformation of Incognito from goon and locker room room cancer to being ready for sainthood has been amazing.
also pheonix, we havent heard the FULL voicemail yet. one of the miami herald journalist reported that there is more on that voicemail. supposedly, richie ends the voice mail by saying " just playin,okay talk to you later, calm me back" in a calm tone.

up until a couple days ago (you can check my posts from earlier in this thread) i was fully behind martin. but the more new things are coming to light now, ive been changing that stance as well. it's a fact that the two of them were pretty much best friends. numerous times they were spotted together in many different places, they even took a horse carriage ride in new orleans.

all im saying, for somebody who hated richie so much, he sure did spend a lot of time with him. there's something weird going on here, i really believe theres more to this story. hell, for all we know maybe they had a secret gay relationship and are just having a gay fight right now
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If you understand that virtually every single veteran leader they had in 2012 left the team and a goon like Incognito became one of the top veterans and team leaders, it makes perfect sense. If you read the statement published by Martin's attorney, it was basically a shot across the bow, it indicated that Incognito wasn't the only one involved in harassing Martin.

In the end, once the NFL independent investigator does his job, cuts through the BS and collects his evidence, we'll know a lot more about what really happened. I just think its amusing how much the Dolphins organization has started to try and whitewash the whole situation over the past couple of days. The transformation of Incognito from goon and locker room room cancer to being ready for sainthood has been amazing.

i also have a problem with how people are making richie look like he did nothing wrong, especially without having seen or heard the full evidence so far.

all i know, is that theres more to this story than what we've seen so far.
i also have a problem with how people are making richie look like he did nothing wrong, especially without having seen or heard the full evidence so far.

all i know, is that theres more to this story than what we've seen so far.

LOL.........you have a problem with how PEOPLE make Incognito look?

Local 10 News in Miami reports that Incognito harassed a volunteer at the annual Fins Weekend Golf Tournament by "touching her privates with a golf club and emptying a bottle of water in her face." In the police report, the officer who responded to the woman's complaint wrote, "I was dispatched to the Aventura Police Station to meet with the victim of a Battery. Upon my arrival, I met with [the accuser]. She stated that earlier this date, she was a volunteer for the Miami Dolphins Organization as a hole monitor, for the annual 'Fins Weekend Golf Tournament,' which was held at the Turnberry Resort and Hotel. While performing her duties, she was approached by one of the Dolphins players Richie Incognito. According to her, Mr. Incognito had been drinking and was acting very inappropriate towards her. [The accuser] states that Mr. Incognito used his golf club to touch her by rubbing it up against her vagina, then up her stomach then to her chest. He then used the club to knock a pair of sunglasses off the top of her head. After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing."

Cleeland was with the Rams when they drafted Richie Incognito and he sensed early on that Incognito was trouble.

"I'm not afraid to say that he was an immature, unrealistic scumbag," he said. "When it came down to it, he had no personality, he was a locker-room cancer, and he just wanted to fight everybody all the time. It was bizarre beyond belief."

In the NFL, he quickly gained a reputation as a dirty player, even being voted as the league's dirtiest in a 2009 survey by the Sporting News. The St. Louis Rams gave up on him after he head-butted two opponents in 2009, the latest of the 38 penalties he committed with the Rams in four seasons. The Buffalo Bills claimed him, but dumped him after three games, leading him to Miami, where he seemed to settle down after signing in 2010. He spoke of getting treatment for depression and learning from his mistakes.

"Richie Incognito is... a dirty and disrespectful player," Jackson said on Twitter. "For those wondering...I played him 4x when I was with Seattle. We all knew to watch our KNEES and be alert for his antics."

Richie Incognito once bullied a teammate so badly that the teammate suddenly got up from the ground and stomped out of football practice. It was early 2002 — long before Incognito was accused of similar behavior with the Miami Dolphins. Incognito was just a freshman at Nebraska, but that didn't stop him from picking fights or harassing teammates, in this case a non-scholarship offensive lineman named Jack Limbaugh. Incognito plowed into Limbaugh's back during practice, knocking him to the ground for no apparent reason. Limbaugh responded by getting up, grabbing his equipment and walking out, according to the diary of teammate David Kolowski.

Incognito was All-Big 12 as a sophomore offensive tackle at Nebraska in 2003 but was suspended for repeated violations of team rules before the 2004 season and subsequently dismissed at Oregon later that year after attempting to transfer.

Bills LB Kawika Mitchell did not roll out the welcome mat for Richie Incognito after Buffalo picked up the lineman on waivers from St. Louis on Wednesday. Mitchell disparaged Incognito, cut by the Rams on Tuesday, in a series of Twitter posts before eventually recognizing he had spoken out of turn. Of Incognito's addition to the Bills, Mitchell said: " BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT THIS YR. THE GUYS A BUM. DIRTY AND ALWAYS... WILL BE. REALLY WISH I WAS PLAYIN RITE NOW. SERIOUSLY... I KNO WE'RE N NEED OF OLINE BUT THIS GUY SUKS BALLS."

"In my eyes, that's low-class," Dockett said. "That one individual that everybody knows, he's been able to play that way since college. The league is going to have to do something about it, because one day he's going to really injure somebody's career. The guy was trying to hurt some of our guys."

Seahawks players criticized Incognito before a game in 2008, accusing him of jumping late onto piles and twisting ankles. "You know, like the FBI's 20 Most Wanted? Yeah, he'd be on that list," Seahawks linebacker Julian Peterson said.
Lets not forget Vernon Davis fought all the time
In fact there have been a lot of fights

Again all the voice mails and text is just friendly banter

The strip club meetings were not official meetings
you don't got to preach to me about richies history, im aware of most of it, hes a dick.

so what does that tell you about martin then, why was he best friends with richie? all those things you are posting are true. so why would somebody with harvard parents, a stanford education, would get so close to richie?
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Nov 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM ]

when did this "bullying" start? was it this year? because if it was last year, martin had a hell of a way of showing it.
you don't got to preach to me about richies history, im aware of most of it, hes a dick.

so what does that tell you about martin then, why was he best friends with richie? all those things you are posting are true. so why would somebody with harvard parents, a stanford education, would get so close to richie?

What makes you think he was friends with Incognito? He hung out with the guy a few times, maybe figuring that if he did so, it would somehow make things okay and end the abuse.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9941696/jonathan-martin-walked-twisted-world-led-incognito
The Dolphins tagged him the "Big Weirdo." The Dolphins held up Richie Incognito as the ultimate role model for offensive linemen. Incognito was a Pro Bowler. He was a member of the six-man leadership council. It makes perfect sense for a kid like Martin to befriend Incognito and try to fit in. I'm sure they were best friends, for a time. I'm sure Incognito offered Martin physical protection on the football field.

It's standard operating procedure for a prison-yard bully to cultivate a relationship that is equal parts fear, love and disrespect. It's how you turn a guy out and make him grab your belt loop.

Martin was confused. He probably thought the bullying and hazing would pass after his rookie season. He wanted to fit in and make it in the NFL. The paycheck is incredible. He tried to laugh off the abuse and disrespect. He participated in it. He coughed up $15,000 for a trip to Las Vegas he didn't want to take.

Finally he snapped. He wasn't raised to be a full-blown idiot. He was raised to think and solve problems with his mind. He was savvy enough to figure out a physical confrontation with Incognito was a no-win situation. It wouldn't curb Incognito's behavior or change the culture inside the Miami locker room. It would confirm it. In order to win the fight, Martin would have to physically harm Incognito. It would not be a one-punch or two-punch fight.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Lets not forget Vernon Davis fought all the time
In fact there have been a lot of fights

Again all the voice mails and text is just friendly banter

The strip club meetings were not official meetings

agreed
LOL. If I committed sexual assault at my job, I'd be out of a job and in jail within a week. How noble of the Dolphins. Incognito sexually assaults a woman, it gets covered up, Chad Johnson fights with his wife, get cut. Philbin really is in over his head.

Until this week, it hadn't been publicly revealed that a woman working at a Dolphins golf outing a year and a half ago had accused offensive lineman Richie Incognito of battery. But Dolphins coach Joe Philbin says the team did deal with the matter privately, at the time it happened. "We were made of aware of the situation, we took immediate action," Philbin said today. "Any club action we took against any player would remain private."

Of course, it's not entirely true to say that "any club action" would remain private: After all, when the Dolphins took action against Incognito for harassing teammate Jonathan Martin, that action didn't remain private.

The Dolphins issued a public statement announcing the suspension. Perhaps if the Dolphins had suspended Incognito for his actions at the golf outing, he would have gotten the message that he needed to change his behavior. Instead, the Dolphins decided to keep the matter hush-hush. And even now, a year and a half later, Philbin won't say what action the Dolphins took against Incognito at the time.

Philbin also said that Martin could have approached him at any time if he felt he was being mistreated by Incognito or other teammates. "I believe I'm approachable to the players," Philbin said. Despite the distraction that the Incognito-Martin situation has caused, Philbin said his team's focus is on Monday night's game against the Buccaneers. "We don't get paid for distractions. We get paid to go out and perform. We have a big game on Monday night," Philbin said.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/09/philbin-dolphins-took-immediate-action-after-woman-accused-incognito-of-battery/

Best comment from the article.

"

""We were made of aware of the situation, we took immediate action," (to protect our player(s) Philbin said today. "That young women was banished immediately and forever from a Dolphin sponsered event………."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM ]
Dont know how anyone can defend Icognito... Dude is not only a cancer to a locker room but a cancer to society. Regardless of the situation, this guy has been a terrible person and absolute douche everywhere he has gone. If he didnt win the genetic lottery he would be 30, drinking beers in his parents basement with his dad in a wife beater reminiscing about the girls the girls he banged in highschool. He's scum and its about time tools like this earn the media microscope.
Share 49ersWebzone