Originally posted by 49erMike:
- at least we agree Incognito is mentally off too lol
- Martin was "attacked" by texts that were jokes (in very poor taste) there is no telling what kind of stuff Haley would've texted if he was off his meds and that technology existed then.
- or you could argue that no one was as mentally weak as Martin. Matt Millen stated he hated playing with Haley. He could've snapped at any time. Romo could've snapped as well.
- Ihave to say it worked out well for Romo because the harassment stopped for him.
- Kevin Gogan was on SI as the dirtiest player in football, yet Walsh brought him in.
Harry Edwards? Come on. Ask some of the players how they really feel about this guy.
I completely agree that Walsh was nothing but class. But I think Martin would've blown the whistle on That locker room as well. My point is that some people just don't belong in certain occupations. Nolan....s**t *happy thoughts happy thoughts* lol
We know Martin was attacked by social media, even though the team and Incognito denied it, because the evidence is/was available to read. We can't know how much went on in the locker room or out of the team areas because they were verbal and unless someone filmed them or taped them there won't be any hard evidence.
But since everyone denied there was any problem...until the evidence was released, I don't rely on honesty from the team or from Incognito. If you'll remember, the team indicated that Martin had a personal problem unrelated to the team.
There have been careers ruined by this type of harassment but most players understood they should just put their tails between their legs and slink away. Martin actually made a stand, even though it was to leave the team in dramatic fashion. Is he doing so from courage? Or fear? We won't know until more comes out but I'm not in the mind to blame him for this mess...it's Miami management who made the mistake of using a bully, insane guy to lead the team. Now they can live with this and try to make the best choices they can...which I doubt are very good considering their past decisions.
Gogan--dirty player is different than insane team mate. Conrad Dobler was one of the dirtiest players in the history of the NFL but he didn't attack team mates...same with Gogan. I don't like dirty play but that's not what is being discussed here...at least by me.