LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
omg he's such a terrible guy...yet no dolphins teammates other than jonathan martin has a problem with him.

martin needs to grow some balls

We may never know the whole truth but maybe, just maybe, Martin is the smart and courageous one ~ for walking away.
And those who stayed are the cowards ~ living under Incognito's thumb.
Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington3h
Martin to Richie last week: "Just know I don't blame you guys at all it's just the culture around football…locker room got to me a little."

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington4h
Fascinating for this reason: One week ago, Incognito not only believed he wasn't being implicated but that Martin viewed him as a friend.

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington4h
One week ago, at this hour, Incognito told me about text Martin sent him, noting Martin did not blame him or O-line but instead NFL culture.
So much BS in this thread extolling the virtues of Richie Incognito. Gives you a clue as to those posters values and life styles. Anyone who thinks that this is normal or correct behavior, in any group, is just terribly misguided.
Just to get s**t into perspective, verbal abuse (incognito gate) is a bigger deal per media than drunk driving, domestic abuse, murder (Hernandez), and the NFL conspiracy to cover up concussions. Poor Martin.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Just to get s**t into perspective, verbal abuse (incognito gate) is a bigger deal per media than drunk driving, domestic abuse, murder (Hernandez), and the NFL conspiracy to cover up concussions. Poor Martin.

Not really dude. There is a lot of coverage on this story because it is so odd and uncommon. Nobody thinks its a worse situation then any of the other things you listed. But DUIs and domestic abuse seem to happen every week. It's like people are desensitized to it. Sad but true. And the Hernandez story got a ton of coverage. That wasn't swept under the rug by any means.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
So much BS in this thread extolling the virtues of Richie Incognito. Gives you a clue as to those posters values and life styles. Anyone who thinks that this is normal or correct behavior, in any group, is just terribly misguided.

This. That type of misguided thinking is what created the dysfunctional atmosphere in Miami's locker room. It's like bizarro world over there.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 8, 2013 at 10:12 PM ]
The f**k is wrong with america where a guy like Incognito, someone everyone knows is a scum bag, is defended, over a guy like Martin, who may have emotional issues, but has never done harm to anyone? Who was, from the looks of it, attempting to do his best at putting up with it, until it simply became an unworkable situation. Would you sit at your work place and deal with this s**t because of some BS "culture".

Everyone knows Incognito is a scum bag. EVERYONE. If you dont you havent been paying attention. But yet Martin, THE VICTIM, is a bad guy because he handled a bad situation in a mature adult way?

Talking about "man up"? Please. This kid went to Stanford, was a second round draft pick, and has accomplished more in his young life than most do in their entire lifetimes.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
The f**k is wrong with america where a guy like Incognito, someone everyone knows is a scum bag, is defended, over a guy like Martin, who may have emotional issues, but has never done harm to anyone? Who was, from the looks of it, attempting to do his best at putting up with it, until it simply became an unworkable situation. Would you sit at your work place and deal with this s**t because of some BS "culture".

Everyone knows Incognito is a scum bag. EVERYONE. If you dont you havent been paying attention. But yet Martin, THE VICTIM, is a bad guy because he handled a bad situation in a mature adult way?

Talking about "man up"? Please. This kid went to Stanford, was a second round draft pick, and has accomplished more in his young life than most do in their entire lifetimes.

Why don't you wait until all the facts are out. No one is denying the fact the Incognito is a dick head.

As it stands right now I am not sure what to make of Martin. Part of me thinks he is just doing this to sue. Only time will tell.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

You left out Hitler and Pol Pot.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
You left out Hitler and Pol Pot.

Falsely accused and misunderstood tbph imho

Originally posted by SportsFan:

Why don't you wait until all the facts are out. No one is denying the fact the Incognito is a dick head.

As it stands right now I am not sure what to make of Martin. Part of me thinks he is just doing this to sue. Only time will tell.

Wrong. Lots of people are indeed denying Incognito is a dick head.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Wrong. Lots of people are indeed denying Incognito is a dick head.

but how many dick heads do we all know that deserve more attention than a verbal abuser?
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Everyone says it was taken too far!

What exactly was taken too far??

The only thing that's happened has been the leaving the table when Martin came

The voice mails are everyday regular joking and teasing.

The $15,000 Vegas trip EVERYONE PAID INTO. And Martin was supposed to go

Meetings at the strip club? f**k yes I'll have a team meeting at the strip club lol
The guy who complained probably had his wife next to him lol

Which might go a ways towards explaining why they have one of the worst OL's in the NFL. If you're a Dolphins fan and your team has one of the NFL's worst OL's, how happy are you to discover they are having offensive line meetings at a strip club.....surely that'll be very productive.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM ]
omg he's such a terrible guy...yet no dolphins teammates other than jonathan martin has a problem with him.

Of course you don't know this, all they are doing at this point is circling wagons and playing CYA at the moment. I wouldn't believe a word of what comes out of the Miami locker room at this point. Guys repeatedly contradicting each other, make claims that they immediately retract, just like Hartline with his claim that Martin played the voicemail for the locker room, which he later said that he "may have been mistaken" about. Just like with the Rams and Buffalo, down the road you'll hear guys come out and say "yeah, he was a total douchebag but we didn't want to make the team look bad."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM ]
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

We may never know the whole truth but maybe, just maybe, Martin is the smart and courageous one ~ for walking away.
And those who stayed are the cowards ~ living under Incognito's thumb.

the fact that martin threw a hissy fit because of a harmless cafeteria prank/gag is ridiculous. i get that incognito is a dick but damn, be a man.
Share 49ersWebzone