LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Pretty much locker room is it's own society
In the locker room everyone is a family. Your background doesn't matter, white, black, rich, poor, smart, crazy etc. everyone is family and everyone jokes about everyone and everything. And regular society rules don't apply because you're in a safe place with family. And if they found a weakness they would scratch at it. He said there where times that things went to far and they handled it like men.
Host asked so you had to fight all the time?
He said no, almost never. We handled it like men and adults. It's called conflict resolution, you take the guy sit down and resolve your problems. If you don't feel comfortable you have other veterans sit in and handle it like men, face to face. He said I played with some crazy mofos, huge crazy mofos and sometimes they went to far and I had to draw the line. Even though they were crazy, I'm glad we didn't fight cause they probably would of killed me lol

Then asked about the email and voice messages:
He said I hadn't heard them all, so they tell him. He pretty much said s**t talking and joking is different then in his day. But it all depends on how it was said, context. If it's said in good nature ribbing in the locker room then, I see no problem with that. Then he said, I remember some of the insults we flung around the locker room... Not decent in any setting, and how if they came out they might be taken out of context

Summing it up

f**king eh .. This whole s**t that the media is portraying, that this "act like a man and stand up for yourself", means to fight is horse s**t. That isn't what that means. It means exactly what Fran said. If you have an issue with someone you handle it like a man and talk to them about it. That is what "men" do.

I am getting sick and tired of people trying to make it out that the locker room is this free for all and if you feel you are getting picked on than the only way to stop it is to fight someone.
love how the media just pushes their agenda. they don't stop to ask why is no one in the dolphins locker room is standing up for martin. they portray as incognito as some horrible racist guy...then why do all the black guys on the team have no issue with him?

martin was thrown over the edge by a team prank, they leave the cafeteria table when martin sits down and everyone has a laugh. seriously grow some balls dude, its funny, get over it.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
love how the media just pushes their agenda. they don't stop to ask why is no one in the dolphins locker room is standing up for martin. they portray as incognito as some horrible racist guy...then why do all the black guys on the team have no issue with him?

martin was thrown over the edge by a team prank, they leave the cafeteria table when martin sits down and everyone has a laugh. seriously grow some balls dude, its funny, get over it.

This.

I wonder if the media actually believes what they are saying or they are just saying it cause it is the PC thing to do. If it comes out that Martin has just as much blame in this as Richie they lose no skin. Doesn't work the other way.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This.

I wonder if the media actually believes what they are saying or they are just saying it cause it is the PC thing to do. If it comes out that Martin has just as much blame in this as Richie they lose no skin. Doesn't work the other way.

I would much rather have a teammate like incognito. yes you deal with the fact that he acts like a douche and hes immature, but he will battle for you on the field and support his teammates. than a guy like martin who is offended by everything and will go behind your back.
An ESPN poll of players suggests that the majority would prefer not to play for Incognito: ESPN asked 72 players (three per team on 24 teams) whom they would rather have as a teammate, Incognito or Jonathan Martin. Only 15 said Incognito, while 34 said Martin and 23 said they wouldn't want either one of them as a teammate.
There's a big difference between what his current team mates say about Incognito and what his prior team mates say. What are his current team mates supposed to say? I'd take that with a grain of salt. Prior team mates are saying he's a locker room cancer. Come on people. We've got the book on Incognito. Kicked off multiple college programs. Dirtiest player in the league. Kicked off the Rams. Former Rams team mates calling him a locker room cancer. The guy is a flat out low-life thug. You don't need to be a thug to play in the NFL. Bill Walsh or Jim Harbaugh would never allow a player to act like Incognito. And just because Martin didn't want to fight doesn't prove anything. Why does he have to fight? What does that prove? Why does he have to risk losing an eye or getting concussed just because there's a thug in the locker room trying to extort money out of him and treating him like crap. Nobody needs to take that. The Dolphins organization is ridiculous.
It's like watching A Few Good Men, with uglier looking actors.

1. Martin = Private Santiago. He's the guy falling behind on runs ... disgrace to the unit.
2. Philbin = Col. Jessup. Orders the Code Red on Martin ... "get this guy to man up, etc."

3. Coach "X" = Lt. Kendrick. Probably the O-Line Coach ... carries out the Code Red orders to his players.

4. Incognito = Lance Corporal Dawson. Dude ordered to give the Code Red.

5. Dolphins Players = the platoon. They all resented Santiago because he got them in trouble/made them weaker.

So, basically when you watched the movie ... if you sided with Col. Jessup that he should be allowed to run his unit the way he wants to, even if it meant accidentally killing a guy then you're going to side with the Dolphins. But if you thought Santiago should have been transferred off the base instead of killed, then you're probably sympathizing with Martin.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
incognito is a piece of s**t. always hated that dirty b*****d. But this martin dude handled this like a little b***h. Now he's in a treatment center to recover from the bullying?? LMAO WTF!?
It's a man's game, no place in this game for a girly man. Sounds like Martin may be a wuss. This sort of locker room, players policing players, stuff has been going on forever.

The NFL is not for everyone, even if you are 6'5" 300+
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
It's a man's game, no place in this game for a girly man. Sounds like Martin may be a wuss. This sort of locker room, players policing players, stuff has been going on forever.

But there's a line that has to be drawn. As A GROWN ASS MAN, Igcognito should know that line! I mean, they play for the SAME TEAM with ONE COMMON GOAL-to win! I don't see how Igcognito's behavior helps the dolphins achieve that goal......

A football locker room is unlike most places in american society. A different set of rules apply here. I am by no means condoning some of Incognito's off color remarks, but players usually establish the boundries and for most part once established, they are respected by other players.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Jonathan Martin the new Glenn Coffee

Glen Coffee didn't get bullied
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
An ESPN poll of players suggests that the majority would prefer not to play for Incognito: ESPN asked 72 players (three per team on 24 teams) whom they would rather have as a teammate, Incognito or Jonathan Martin. Only 15 said Incognito, while 34 said Martin and 23 said they wouldn't want either one of them as a teammate.

I agree with the 23. Icognito is a dickwad and Martin handled this like a wuss.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 8, 2013 at 4:01 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

You do realize that Martin played for Harbaugh in a power-run offense. I don't know you can call him a wuss.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Heard an interesting thing on the radio on the way home tonight.

The guy that works with JT the Brick (can't think of his name) said that two teams, the 49ers and the Steelers, have had a ban on hazing since the 80s.

I didn't realize that, but I have to say, I'm proud that my team has long ago moved on from this silly BS and decided to approach the game like professionals. One more thing I thank Bill Walsh for....

Yep Bill Walsh was against hazing.

But I guess our internet tough guys (military service people excluded, i won't question their toughness!) know more about teamwork and football

Spent a few years in the service and the hazing was always work related not personal. Doing the dirty jobs, worst duty schedule, and worst accommodations...but never this sort of stuff.

One of the many reasons I respected Walsh was his stance on hazing...very informed and professional. The Miami situation happens when your leaders are the least mature or evolved or the group. That comes from management and is one reason I did respect Nolan when he took over as coach of the niners. Though I lost respect for him after several stupid incidents mocking injured players, he did try to bring in high character players.

Why would this likely not happen on the 9ers? Gore, Willis, J Smith, Staley...the vets on this team are all solid professionals too busy doing their jobs at the highest level to be this idiotic.
Share 49ersWebzone