LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
I see no harm in having rookies carry bags, run errands/chauffeur, or sing silly songs in meetings. That's harmless, team-BUILDING zany fun that everyone can go through their first year and not harm them emotionally, physically or financially (aside from needing to fill up the gas tank a little more often).

Verbal abuse (including racist comments), and extortion - whether the extreme kind described here for Martin, or the seemingly common practice to require rookies to pay for 5-figure dinners - is shameful in practice and needs to end. It's terribly hypocritical of former players to complain about financial troubles and/or depression when the hazing they inflict on their incoming rookies is to cause financial troubles and/or depression. Like bounties, these are locker-room "traditions" that need to be left in the past, starting immediately.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
You have to stand up for yourself and fight back. Most bullies are not used to people fighting back. Martin should have told Incognito to F*** OFF, and shove his head through a window!

Not everyone works that way guy. That may be mine or your reaction, but that isn't in everyone's nature. To think everyone is wired like that is stupid.
Everyone deals with bullying in their own way.

I was bullied and watched my brother get the crap kicked out of him. Our windows were broken and on & on. I became a boxer - fought in the Golden Gloves in NYC and on the National team.

I hate bullies and took vengeance on them whenever I could and made them pay dearly. But I also lost some of myself in the process. Thank God that was a very long time ago.

There has to be outlets for victims otherwise things like Columbine will happen over and over again.

This Incognito guy has been a poison pill since for many years including his college time. From what I gather his time in the NFL is just about over.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
From what I read from Dolphins fans he hasn't been that good either so I'll pass. I think Marquardt could win the job. Will be between him, Bykowski and a rookie as high as the 3rd or 4th round.

I want to see what Marquardt can do. He looks like a beast!

I do 2. Marquardt should be healthy by July 2014, fully healthy, and ready to compete for a spot. I hope he wins it. He was one of my guys I liked, was upset we didn't draft him over Bykowski, but glad he chose us right away as a UDFA, same as Okoye. Those were 2 guys I wanted badly. Glad both have a chance to compete in 2014.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Everyone deals with bullying in their own way.

I was bullied and watched my brother get the crap kicked out of him. Our windows were broken and on & on. I became a boxer - fought in the Golden Gloves in NYC and on the National team.

I hate bullies and took vengeance on them whenever I could and made them pay dearly. But I also lost some of myself in the process. Thank God that was a very long time ago.

There has to be outlets for victims otherwise things like Columbine will happen over and over again.

This Incognito guy has been a poison pill since for many years including his college time. From what I gather his time in the NFL is just about over.
I agree Incognito is the exception not the norm.
Originally posted by captveg:
I see no harm in having rookies carry bags, run errands/chauffeur, or sing silly songs in meetings. That's harmless, team-BUILDING zany fun that everyone can go through their first year and not harm them emotionally, physically or financially (aside from needing to fill up the gas tank a little more often).

Verbal abuse (including racist comments), and extortion - whether the extreme kind described here for Martin, or the seemingly common practice to require rookies to pay for 5-figure dinners - is shameful in practice and needs to end. It's terribly hypocritical of former players to complain about financial troubles and/or depression when the hazing they inflict on their incoming rookies is to cause financial troubles and/or depression. Like bounties, these are locker-room "traditions" that need to be left in the past, starting immediately.

Yeah Incognito crossed the line big time.
Originally posted by captveg:

Yeah Incognito crossed the line big time.

The funny thing now is that all the other vets in the league who partook in these activities will hate Incognito for "messing up a good thing".
You have to stand up for yourself and fight back. Most bullies are not used to people fighting back. Martin should have told Incognito to F*** OFF, and shove his head through a window!

Incognito has had many many issues in his life, I dont think Martin standing up for himself is suddenly going to make Incognito see the light.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I didn't know Smith was a laywer. Makes sense now.

As for bullying. And not at you bud, but for those who say it's good for character, I say, you don't know what it's like to be bullied. I was, and it hurt, having no friends, just family. Kids, or adults who do this are the biggest pieces of s**ts, and the biggest a*****es, and If I get warned for this, then I dont give 1 flying f**k. I am sick of member here joking about it. It's a serious thing. Incognito is a racist, and a bully. And his teammates who never stood up for Martin, are POS's.

I am sick of hearing Martin is a baby, you get bullied and let me know how it feels. It creates people who go to a dark place, a bad dark place. Causes depression, suicidal thoughts, and wanting to hurt others. I believe part of the bullying led to my depression. I had no friends. No one wanted to touch me. So think before you joke or post.

End of my Venting and Rant.

Thank you.

People who haven't experienced it will never be able to truly understand, unfortunately. Not the bullying, but the effect it can have on some people. It sounds like we have similar issues, so I think I understand how you feel.

The only reason I don't get bullied anymore is because I spent so much time behind bars for violent crimes that I had to learn to appear so mean and crazy that nobody would approach me. Unfortunately, it's a habit now... ::sigh::

The thing that really gets me is that people keep saying the solution to bullying is violence. That's a good way to get yourself hurt, incarcerated, or killed. You never know how someone will react.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Incognito has had many many issues in his life, I dont think Martin standing up for himself is suddenly going to make Incognito see the light.

Exactly. Fighting Incognito would accomplish nothing and make nothing better. Martin handled it like a professional. It is a profession and a work place, and he reacted how one should when placed in this situation. He may have let it go on for too long, but if he hadn't he may not have had a strong case against incognito. Martin is being the classy one in this situation. You dont see him running his mouth on social media, or having his dad run around message boards bad mouthing Incognito. He simply kept his mouth shut and is following the appropriate avenues to get resolution. Personally i appreciate the way he is handling the situation.

Man, this guy seems like a blast to hang out with. Lol. What an obnoxious douche
http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013/11/04/richie-incognito-n-word-bar-rage-video
"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s--- in your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

This was apparently prior to Martin leaving the team.

Wow
[ Edited by WINiner on Nov 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM ]
Everyone is lucky this didn't escalate into a very violent situation. If A. Hernandez ever played on incognitos team, he would probably be dead.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Rumor has it that Jonathan and Richie use to be lovers... once caught "busting slobs" in the showers. They kept it on the hush and were pretty incognito about the whole love affair.

Everything (the name calling, the tattle telling, throwing away love letters, tossing clothes out the window, the lies and betrayal) begun once Jonathan found out that Richie had something on the down low with Kerry Rhodes while dating Jonathan at the same time (dirty two-timer).

This all speculation, but the source/sorcerer from which this story came from has as much credibility as a dust mite
I wanna know what martin was training 10 weeks for lol
Share 49ersWebzone