LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9904868/jonathan-martin-miami-dolphins-leaves-team

Keeping an eye on this story. It would be great if the 49ers could trade for Martin, obviously in the offseason, if the situation does not get any better in Miami. That would knock out our need to draft an offensive tackle or sign a veteran one next offseason.
Dude sounds unbalanced, I don't think its a good idea to f**k around with crazy.
From what I read from Dolphins fans he hasn't been that good either so I'll pass. I think Marquardt could win the job. Will be between him, Bykowski and a rookie as high as the 3rd or 4th round.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 31, 2013 at 12:36 PM ]
Probably making fun of him for being gay.
Little girl can't take a joke
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude sounds unbalanced, I don't think its a good idea to f**k around with crazy.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Probably making fun of him for being gay.

Originally posted by Harkonnenzombie:
Little girl can't take a joke

While this all could very well be true, there is two sides to every book. I'm a prankster but I only pull pranks on guys I know who will prank back. Some people just don't take pranks/surprises well. On top of that you never know what a person is going through. Outside of all the emotional crap, what is a 3-4 team struggling to stay in the wild card race doing pulling pranks? They should be working on winning games. Better yet the person they should be pranking Mike Sherman for that s**tty play calling vs. NE.
Really jacked up deal. They have been teasing him, for whatever reason, for a while. Dude obviously has some issues. Good to see adults don't act like kids.
didnt this happen to another dolphin player was saban was there?
Dude's gonna go back to the Dolphin's facility with a AK-47 and bust them all up.
The more I read, the more f**ked up it sounds. It's not that Martin has been the victim of hazing or some good-natured ribbing, it really sounds like he's been harassed and picked on in a chronic fashion. I can't say I blame the guy and when a dedicated d******d like Incognito is one of the key veterans on your team, it really shouldn't be a big surprise. I dont see an issue with the usual rookie hazing, but this is a second year player that has been continually harassed and bullied, OL's are supposed to be a close-knit brotherhood but with everyone going at him, Martin probably feels very alone at this point.

More and more details are emerging regarding the circumstances surrounding tackle Jonathan Martin's departure from the Dolphins. And the situation demonstrates how mean and unrelenting an NFL locker room can be. According to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports, Martin's exit came after "persistent bullying and teasing" from some of his teammates. Per Marvez, Martin has taken a personal leave of absence to spend time with his family. The situation came to a head this week, but Martin previously had "tried dealing with a slew of indignities that crossed into personal and family insults." Marvez writes that the Dolphins knew that "cruel actions" of some teammates "went well beyond the customary hazing." The NFLPA reportedly is monitoring the situation, and the union has inquired about the treatment of Martin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/31/report-abusive-environment-for-jonathan-martin-in-miami/

There's a big difference between the usual run of the mill hazing that goes on and bullying and harassing a guy until he reaches a breaking point. It seems that the latter was reached with Martin and that he was systematically harassed, well beyond normal hazing, with the full knowledge of the Dolphins organization. Playing in the NFL is a fun job, but its still a job and going to work in an absolutely hostile environment where you get regularly chitted on by your co-workers with the full knowledge of your bosses, can't be too pleasant I imagine.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 1, 2013 at 2:24 AM ]
They are either making fun of him for being gay or having a really small penis
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

What if it's both?
Originally posted by Wodwo:

What if it's both?