There are 154 users in the forums

Albert Haynesworth: Mike Shanahan will hurt RGIII

Shop 49ers game tickets
The last time Albert Haynesworth's name came up around these parts, he was being verbally assassinated by a former Washington Redskins teammate.

Now the man Chris Cooley calls an "awful human being" is firing off some shots of his own. In an interview on Tennessee Sports Radio, he went back at Cooley ("He sounds as stupid as he looks"), then set his sights on Redskins coach Mike Shanahan.

"I mean, it's like, you can't win with that team," Haynesworth said, via the DC Sports Bog. "And you think it was just me? I mean, look how he did Donovan (McNabb). See what's going on with RGIII. I met RGIII.

"He seemed like an extremely nice guy that's willing to work. Now he's gonna learn -- I mean, I hate to say he's gonna learn â€" about Shanahan, how he's conniving and everything like that, where he's not gonna help him out, it's all about him."

Haynesworth eviscerates Shanahan during the interview, and points out the coach has found little success since winning his second Super Bowl with John Elway and the Denver Broncos in the 1998 season. Haynesworth was asked if Washington could ever succeed with Shanahan running the show.

"Yeah, good luck with that," he said. "They're gonna run RGIII into the ground. They almost really hampered his career last year with the knee injury, putting him back in there. I mean, I think they ought to cut ties, let it go."

We wouldn't call Shanahan a universally beloved figure by any stretch, but consider the source here. By rule, we don't take anything Albert Haynesworth says seriously.

I despise haynesworth , he is a greedy, lazy, locker room cancer ........but I kind of agree with him on this one, Shannahan is stubborn and put RG3 in danger last season in the playoffs , when he could have removed him in favor of Kirk Cousins, they say you gotta roll with your best players, but it was obvious RG3 was broken and in agony , and I was shocked when Shanny put him back in the game, and then he got seriously hurt, and RG3 is still dealing with it to this day ..........Albert Haynesworth is a jerk , but I must admit, he has a point this time ...just my 2 cents
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Shanahan is an arrogant A-hole who won't admit to the major mistake of letting Griffin play with a bad knee in the play-off game against the Seahawks. Once Griffin was injured he was worse than ineffective, he threw the game away blowing a 14-0 lead. Even though Griffin insisted on playing, Shanahan is the coach and should have pulled him for his own good and the good of the team. Cousins is a decent back up. On the other hand Haynesworth is garbage and should not be allowed an opinion.
First - Fat Albert is a bum.

Next, agree that Shanahan has blown it using RGIII like he has. But it may be Snyder calling the shots behind the scene. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Finally, it also highlights what a good organization we have letting people heal u like Tank, Lattimore and how that investment is going to pay off big time.

Too bad for RGII - his career is already cut short and what a waste of an immensely talented QB
Shannahan is no different the Haynesworth. One just puts on a front and the other tells it like it is.
Shanahan might be a jackass but a lot of the blame falls on RG3 as well as Snyder and the front office, with everyone in the Redskins organization having to walk around on eggshells in fear of offending their franchise player, I'm sure it has affected more than a few things. Washington made their own bed, not sure why Snyder is so stubborn about the naming issue, for all intents and purposes, for better or worse, they are now the Washington RG3's. They built the guy up to such an absurd level that there is no going back now.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Shanahan might be a jackass but a lot of the blame falls on RG3 as well as Snyder and the front office, with everyone in the Redskins organization having to walk around on eggshells in fear of offending their franchise player, I'm sure it has affected more than a few things. Washington made their own bed, not sure why Snyder is so stubborn about the naming issue, for all intents and purposes, for better or worse, they are now the Washington RG3's. They built the guy up to such an absurd level that there is no going back now.

It is the coach call on who plays how they play when they play what plays are called. He needed to sit RG3 and he didn't. RG3 is being paid not the other way around
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Oct 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM ]
Albert stating the obvious. Last year called.
Sucks to be a Redskins' fan.

As far as injuries are concerned, that's RG3's ultimate responsibility and his own stubborn reluctance to avoid big hits.

He even said it himself, that he baits some defenders into giving him illegal hits.

Career longevity > 15 yard penalty.
You have to remember the loser Haynesworth was and the ax he has to grind. Therefore you take with a grain of salt all he has to say.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Shannahan is no different the Haynesworth. One just puts on a front and the other tells it like it is.

I hear that, lol, just need to nod the head and take a vending machine break on that one, too much drama in my opinion. I know in this world there is a freedom of and in speech, but some times that has to be careful with. If there is no need to stir up things, sometimes just need to let it be water under the bridge. From what I saw in the press, it appears to me at least that RG3 is a pretty cool guy, I hope if Shannahan and Haynesworth get into it further, that he just stays out of it, what a mess.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Sucks to be a Redskins' fan.

As far as injuries are concerned, that's RG3's ultimate responsibility and his own stubborn reluctance to avoid big hits.

He even said it himself, that he baits some defenders into giving him illegal hits.

Career longevity > 15 yard penalty.

I agree with this. It seems to me that RGIII thinks he has to be Superman and shoot himself into harms way to win and he wants this "tough QB" label. f**k that. This is the NFL and these guys will kill you. I'm never mad at Kap sliding. Get your yards and get down. You're too important.

As far as Haynesworth, I believe him. I'm sure it's not as bad as he makes it seem, but how he describes Shannahan is the impression I get from him. RGIII should be doing much better than he is and from some of the games I've watched it's due to playcalling. They do not feature Morris enough.
Share 49ersWebzone