There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**** WEEK 9 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 10/31 - 11/4 ****

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Any chance all these injuries are related to HGH use? Meaning guys stopping using it? With the news at beginning of year that NFL was looking to start testing. They did a population test to find out normal baselines. Maybe guys are trying to wean off it.

Stopping HGH use doesn't just all of a sudden make you susceptible to injury. I think it has more to do with a Thursday night game than anything else. I've been saying for awhile that these Thursday night games have led to some horrendous injuries, guys just can't recover in time and injuries become more likely. If the NFL was truly looking out for the health of their players and not just their own bottom line, they'd get rid of the Thursday games for good, maybe have some Saturday games but nothing sooner than that.
Completely agree. Instead they're looking to add more Thursday night games.

The NFL is looking out for their brand first and last. They don't give two s**ts about the players. This whole interest in safety is just another way they protect their brand and their profit. All the rules and fines and suspensions are just superficial attempts to make the NFL seem more responsible because they're supposedly looking out for the good of the players as if they're compassionate and actually care about them as human beings. No they don't! They're just mercenaries that they send out to battle so they can make money off their names and talents. And of course they're trying to avoid lawsuits which hurts their image and profit margin but that goes almost without saying. The rich big-wigs are riding the gravy train and they'll do anything in their power to keep it that way.

Not saying this is anything more than mere coincidence but I find it highly interesting that there are zero African-American owners yet a wide majority of the players are black. Not to draw any conclusions from that but just food for thought...
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Completely agree. Instead they're looking to add more Thursday night games.

The NFL is looking out for their brand first and last. They don't give two s**ts about the players. This whole interest in safety is just another way they protect their brand and their profit. All the rules and fines and suspensions are just superficial attempts to make the NFL seem more responsible because they're supposedly looking out for the good of the players as if they're compassionate and actually care about them as human beings. No they don't! They're just mercenaries that they send out to battle so they can make money off their names and talents. And of course they're trying to avoid lawsuits which hurts their image and profit margin but that goes almost without saying. The rich big-wigs are riding the gravy train and they'll do anything in their power to keep it that way.

Not saying this is anything more than mere coincidence but I find it highly interesting that there are zero African-American owners yet a wide majority of the players are black. Not to draw any conclusions from that but just food for thought...

I watched the World Series and there were no African American players, even in the stands the only one the camera panned was the Great Bob Gibson. The color line was broken in 1947 with Jackie, the Red Sox signed their first AA in 1959, Pumpsie Green. How many AA owners in MLB and the NFL? ZERO, it's a white mans' game and they don't let you forget it
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, however the Chiefs are playing, go!
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Any chance all these injuries are related to HGH use? Meaning guys stopping using it? With the news at beginning of year that NFL was looking to start testing. They did a population test to find out normal baselines. Maybe guys are trying to wean off it.

Debate over HGH in the NFL continues with no end in sight-
Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/hgh-use-in-nfl-increasing-fk9hbg9-205497661.html#ixzz2jNIlnsdv Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Initial reports suggest Geno Atkins torn ACL

niners will draft him in the 3rd...oh...wait lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Initial reports suggest Geno Atkins torn ACL

niners will draft him in the 3rd...oh...wait lol

Wow! That's a huge loss!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Stopping HGH use doesn't just all of a sudden make you susceptible to injury. I think it has more to do with a Thursday night game than anything else. I've been saying for awhile that these Thursday night games have led to some horrendous injuries, guys just can't recover in time and injuries become more likely. If the NFL was truly looking out for the health of their players and not just their own bottom line, they'd get rid of the Thursday games for good, maybe have some Saturday games but nothing sooner than that.

I used to enjoy the Thanksgiving games and then Thursday night football for the rest of the season. It was something to look forward to, and something different. Also, generally the teams that played on Thursdays weren't terrible. Now its just another reason to sell more ads and put an inferior product on the field. Seriously, who would watch Cin/Mia if it were Sunday at noon? Anyone?

This every Thursday crap needs to end. Its now Monday, Thursday, Sunday, games in London, preseason in Mexico. I understand that the NFL is a business and they are looking at exploring new markets for their product, but they had a good thing going, this is just getting nuts.
I hold out no hope the crappy Bucs can get remotely close to Seadderal. However, I 'd love to see Goldson knock Tate the f**k out, major douche that he is. Also, Revis with a picksix would be a thing of beauty. I can dream can't I?
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I hold out no hope the crappy Bucs can get remotely close to Seadderal. However, I 'd love to see Goldson knock Tate the f**k out, major douche that he is. Also, Revis with a picksix would be a thing of beauty. I can dream can't I?

Goldson vs Lynch it looked it was personal.
I want Goldson to do a warren sapp on wilson & lynch

and the Niners to pay his fine(s) afterwards
The team that is looking good in the NFC right now other than us is GB. They are 3rd in the league running the ball and 4th in the league in stopping the run. Not to mention A Rod is 3rd in the league passing the ball. It was not an aberration what they did to Frank Gore week 1 and their DL are playing just like ours. The big guys up front are clogging the lanes to free up the backers to make all the plays. The level of unselfishness looks just like the way we play. Sure there are no Willis' or Bowmans but they are playing very tough on both sides of the ball. In other words they are winning in the trenches and they still have A Rod. They will be the team we see en route to the Super Bowl. A lot of peeps are sleeping on them but I have made note of how they have spent all offseason trying to match up with us and they essentially have tried to become us plus A Rod. They are almost there so it is critical that we continue to improve each week as we have because we have a contender up North that is hot on our tails. Yes I see SEA in our own division and NO down South but GB in the North is the team I have my eye on. They are readying themselves for us and we best be prepared come January
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Nov 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM ]
how is datone jones looking for them? i have noticed they have been improving as well even though we handled them week 1. i see GB NO and SEA as our challenges in the NFC to reach the super bowl
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The team that is looking good in the NFC right now other than us is GB. They are 3rd in the league running the ball and 4th in the league in stopping the run. Not to mention A Rod is 3rd in the league passing the ball. It was not an aberration what they did to Frank Gore week 1 and their DL are playing just like ours. The big guys up front are clogging the lanes to free up the backers to make all the plays. The level of unselfishness looks just like the way we play. Sure there are no Willis' or Bowmans but they are playing very tough on both sides of the ball. In other words they are winning in the trenches and they still have A Rod. They will be the team we see en route to the Super Bowl. A lot of peeps are sleeping on them but I have made note of how they have spent all offseason trying to match up with us and they essentially have tried to become us plus A Rod. They are almost there so it is critical that we continue to improve each week as we have because we have a contender up North that is hot on our tails. Yes I see SEA in our own division and NO down South but GB in the North is the team I have my eye on. They are readying themselves for us and we best be prepared come January

Yes, Green Bay is a very good team people are sleeping on. I see them as a team that can also go on the road and beat anyone in the playoffs. They have got an ok running game now which makes them ultra dangerous. I actually see them and New Orleans as a bigger threat than Seattle. SImply because I'm confident our defense can stop their offense. If our offense plays smart, we can beat Seattle whether at the Stick or in CLink. Green Bay and New Orleans are a different animal now that they are balanced on both sides of the ball and are playing defense.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Buffalo, go!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Buffalo, go!