There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**** WEEK 9 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 10/31 - 11/4 ****

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I remember some respected board member posting that he offered Trestman the OC job but Trestman turned it down because he was only interested in returning to the NFL for a Head Coaching gig.

This was true. I also remember a lot of people here going....Trestman....

Dude's an offensive genius, it wasn't his problem that the 49ers didn't bring back Ricky Watters and left him with Loville, they still managed to have the #1 offense and Rice had the best season of his career under Trestman. I would have loved to have had him as OC for the 49ers under Harbaugh, would be a different, more explosive offense for sure.1
Thanks for backing me up on that!

I found a quote and link

The 49ers, too, have other candidates. ESPN reported that Harbaugh has reached out to Marc Trestman about the possibility of returning as offensive coordinator.

Dude's an offensive genius, it wasn't his problem that the 49ers didn't bring back Ricky Watters and left him with Loville, they still managed to have the #1 offense and Rice had the best season of his career under Trestman. I would have loved to have had him as OC for the 49ers under Harbaugh, would be a different, more explosive offense for sure.

That was a gutsy call on 4th down by Trestman. He looks composed on the sidelines.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Dude's an offensive genius, it wasn't his problem that the 49ers didn't bring back Ricky Watters and left him with Loville, they still managed to have the #1 offense and Rice had the best season of his career under Trestman. I would have loved to have had him as OC for the 49ers under Harbaugh, would be a different, more explosive offense for sure.

That was a gutsy call on 4th down by Trestman. He looks composed on the sidelines.

I was amazed at that call.
I really can't stand the bears but I guess this is prolly good for us. Much rather face the bears in January than Rodgers(if healthy) with a lacy ground game.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

All anyone remembers is that we never won a Superbowl with him as OC, forgetting we probably had the worst starting running back in the NFL and the press conference where Eddie basically fired him.
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM ]
Rodgers looks like he got raped.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Packers coach Mike McCarthy says there is no exact diagnosis on Aaron Rodgers' shoulder yet. Says he'll know more tomorrow.
Holy s**t -- effin Peterson. Maybe the dude was trying to jar the ball loose.

Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Watching Chicago play is eerily reminding me of the Steelers. Players are either washed up or inexperienced.

I agree as far as defense is concerned. That's why I'm glad we know when to let guys go. We keep the team leaders though.

Very true
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Holy s**t -- effin Peterson. Maybe the dude was trying to jar the ball loose.

I love how no one gives #86 any credit, lol. if he didn't catch AP from falling and didn't shove him forward there woulda been no TD. But yeah wow look at AP go! all by himself! lol