There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Taunting could nullify touchdown next season

Originally posted by kingairta:
As for the part they are grown men the can handle it. Well its about being an example for the kids.

Why does everyone have to set a good example for kids? Its an unrealistic demand.

In life their are good guys and bad guys. Winners and losers. In real life everyone does not get a trophy.

Kids recognize the difference between an a*****e and a hero.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 794
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Not totally out of the realm of possbility...there already are huge Madden tournaments.

This is an outgrowth of our modern culture where everyone has a "right" to not be offended or get their feelings hurt.

Hit the nail on the head

This is why I still appreciate the CFL even though the competition is a few notches below and there aren't many teams to follow. They let men play the game and have fun. That's how it should be.
[ Edited by SaksV on Oct 31, 2013 at 5:48 PM ]
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 794
No more Deion Sanders on the NFLN highlight show talkin bout "Put the ball up, that's my baby!"
Can we all just agree that nothing good comes from the damn city of Seattle.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,039
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
I think the rule should be changed. If you commit a taunting penalty before you score, the TD should not count.

taunting is part of football. This is bs
Something like what Tate did I would say yeah take the TD away. He almost ran out of bounds he was so concerned with taunting. I mean where do you draw the line though? Hopefully it's before the TD and not after. I'd hate to see a TD taken away because a guy celebrates in the end zone. Do you count high stepping and that kind of stuff? I don't really mind that I'd stick to just extreme stuff like what Tate did.
Is it just physical taunting or will verbal taunting be included?

Can you imagine the myriad of possibilities?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Something like what Tate did I would say yeah take the TD away. He almost ran out of bounds he was so concerned with taunting. I mean where do you draw the line though? Hopefully it's before the TD and not after. I'd hate to see a TD taken away because a guy celebrates in the end zone. Do you count high stepping and that kind of stuff? I don't really mind that I'd stick to just extreme stuff like what Tate did.

Tate will pay for it Dec 29. The Rams will not forget. Taunting goes on all game, every play. waving at a player as you run for a touchdwn, while arguably a douche move, should have no bearing on the outcome of a game. You don't want to be taunted make a play. Simple as that. You dont want to be taunted dont give a player the opportunity to taunt you.

It will be baseball soon where you have entire week long discussions about the political correctness of a player walking the bases after a grand slam.

The game is about entertainment. Taunting, and celebrations do nothing to tarnish the game of football. If anything it makes it more entertaining. You will always have bad guys and good guys. Its a fact of life.
Originally posted by kingairta:
As for the part they are grown men the can handle it. Well its about being an example for the kids.

I wanna be, I wanna be, I wanna be like Aldon Smith.
They were jawing at the LOS before the play..I'm sure they were not complimenting each other. Tate beat him..made a great catch and waved byebye..part of football. IMO
Maybe they should stop play at the LOS and then roger goodell could hit them with a penalty/fine on the spot. Football is turning into a pu$$y sport
Ahhhhhhh........Nvm!
Originally posted by ballhawk:
They were jawing at the LOS before the play..I'm sure they were not complimenting each other. Tate beat him..made a great catch and waved byebye..part of football. IMO

jenkins is the same douche who was talking s**t about steve smiths wife and family the week before. im sure that taunting was well deserved but it still looks like a douchy move by tate
If this goes into effect, can you imagine all the penalties Terrel Owens would have recieved?
1. Signing a football with a Sharpie that was stored in his sock, for such occastion.
2. Running to the middle of the field to the center star in cowboy's stadium.
3. Joining the cheerleaders, pom-poms and all, to dance and celebrate.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home