There are 250 users in the forums

What happens if there's a tie atop the NFC West?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
It'll obviously come down to the point differential, similar to this scenario

4 mins in:

Boomer was incredible in this clip.

Interesting clip.

The FOX graphic really made me nostalgic.
Teams' cities championships are tallied:

SF - 8 (5 Niners + 2 Giants + '75 Warriors won in Cow Palace)

SEA - 1 ('79 OKC Thunder )

/thread
I just hope it doesn't come down to a tie. I want to get a game up on the Hags. Beat NO on the road and somehow they lose at home. The only games I can really see the Hags losing are in SF and the NOLA game. In the meantime, we can't take a random loss. Just win out baby.
If the Hags somehow get lucky enough to scrape out a win at the Stick I will be in the fetal position and cursing the football gods.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Assuming we have the same record and go 1-1 against each other...

Next is division record, if same then,
Conference record, if same then,
Similar opponents (we've both lost to Colts), if same then,
Strength of schedule... This is where we have the advantage (GB >>>> MIN, and WAS is >= NYG)

So, the obvious need is to continue winning and beat SEA. Then it's going 5-1 in-division. Then it's not losing another conference game (especially NO, CAR, TB, and ATL because they are shared opponents).

In all honesty, it will very difficult to win the division, unless the Hawks lose to a 'shared opponent' team.

Everything you said is true except it's strength of victory then strength of schedule. Strength of schedule is after strength of victory. Strength of victory is combined record of teams you have beat. Strength of schedule is win percentage of teams you have played (win or lost to). So like you said since we play all the same teams except those 2 "same place finish as you" division games our two teams GB and WAS are better than MIN and NYG so far and likely will be at the end of the season.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM ]
there wont be a tie, were winning this division. seattle has looked pretty shaky lately, i think theyre gonna drop a couple really soon and they will get smoked at candlestick. Aldon, Rio and Tank are in the mix now and Crabs should be back by then too, i dont see the niners losing more than maybe one "oops" game this year. back of the bus seahawks
we win because of strength of schedule

gb+was>min + nyg
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
seattle and sf will lose a couple more games each.

I think we'll both share a 10-2 record the week we face eachother, winner obviously takes the division, as both will face below .500 teams to finish the season.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
seattle and sf will lose a couple more games each.

I think we'll both share a 10-2 record the week we face eachother, winner obviously takes the division, as both will face below .500 teams to finish the season.

that sounds like trouble for seattle, they suck against s**tty teams
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

The Cards and the Jags might disagree ;-)

Although, the Cards are at .500, so not sure the above classification applies to them.

C'mon TB!!! I understand you're 0-7 and playing in the hardest place to play in the NFL, those are just excuses!
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

The Cards and the Jags might disagree ;-)

Although, the Cards are at .500, so not sure the above classification applies to them.

seattle is one of the luckiest teams in the league to run into so many teams this year that have fumbled, made stupid play calls on the 2 yard line and tossed an INT in the last minutes of a game for no apparent reason. that luck will eventually run out and seattle will be seen for what it is, a good not great team that will get worked in the playoffs
with the way seattle has been playing if you think they will win out you are mistaken

also kinda dumb
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
It'll obviously come down to the point differential, similar to this scenario

4 mins in:

Boomer was incredible in this clip.

Fkn Favre.... woulda been hella exciting tho. Would never happen under Goodell
[ Edited by AUniner on Nov 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone