LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

Trading Deadline

Shop 49ers game tickets
Very interesting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000269926/article/trade-rumor-roundup-vikings-jared-allen-in-play

Comments?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Very interesting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000269926/article/trade-rumor-roundup-vikings-jared-allen-in-play

Comments?

I'm betting that nobody that has been rumored of significance will be traded. Fitz isn't going anywhere, J.Allen in his contract year won't either, Cleveland wants 2 much for Gordon so he's staying put and I think the Giants hold onto Nicks. I could see a couple small deals like Dixon for a 7th round pick or something but that's it.
Getting a 7th for Dixon would be just fine.

Our returner?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Our returner?

who would get a tough yard up the middle? james or hunter? maybe gore, maybe miller. dixon stays and he may end up being our returner
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

no it wouldn't.
Originally posted by boast:

no it wouldn't.

the highest maybe a 4th
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I've said it in other threads and all say it again

Every fringe player is on the block right now. It is better to get a conditional 7th, even in the 2015 draft, for a player that will be cut anyway and we can control which team they go to.

We have 6 players returning in the next 3 weeks, 7 if we take Lattimore's words seriously that he'll be practicing (but not playing) in the next few weeks.

The moves will be done to create roster spaces while acquiring POTENTIAL draft picks rather than dumping the players for a definitive zero return on investment.

Only trade we make that will bring us a player will be a for a WR if we end up putting Patton on IR or end up cutting or trading Baldwin, Moore, or Williams.

...EDIT below

The Bucs just played their #2 Mike Williams on IR. Every other WR on their roster beside Vincent Jackson are unproven UDFAs or journeymen WRs. They instantly become players for every WR on the market, especially if Schiano and Dominik are fighting for the jobs. Expect them to trade for somebody, I don't think it'll be Gordon but it could be Nicks or Britt and will definitely be a fringe player like Baldwin or similar.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM ]

Getting a 7th for Kyle Williams would be Just fine
I would love if they could pull off Fitzgerald imagine a receiving group of Fitzgerald Crabtree Boldin but it will never happen Arizona would never let us have him.

Originally posted by sfout:
I've said it in other threads and all say it again

Every fringe player is on the block right now. It is better to get a conditional 7th, even in the 2015 draft, for a player that will be cut anyway and we can control which team they go to.

We have 6 players returning in the next 3 weeks, 7 if we take Lattimore's words seriously that he'll be practicing (but not playing) in the next few weeks.

The moves will be done to create roster spaces while acquiring POTENTIAL draft picks rather than dumping the players for a definitive zero return on investment.

Only trade we make that will bring us a player will be a for a WR if we end up putting Patton on IR or end up cutting or trading Baldwin, Moore, or Williams.

...EDIT below

The Bucs just played their #2 Mike Williams on IR. Every other WR on their roster beside Vincent Jackson are unproven UDFAs or journeymen WRs. They instantly become players for every WR on the market, especially if Schiano and Dominik are fighting for the jobs. Expect them to trade for somebody, I don't think it'll be Gordon but it could be Nicks or Britt and will definitely be a fringe player like Baldwin or similar.

Lattimore can practice for 3 weeks then just be placed on IR for the rest of the year. Teams have 3 weeks to either activate the player, release him or put him on IR, the latter has been the plan the entire time for Latt.
dont trade Baldwin pllleaasssseee
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by boast:

no it wouldn't.

the highest maybe a 4th

lol no one is giving a 4th round pick for our 4th string RB who is a free agent after this year
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Lattimore can practice for 3 weeks then just be placed on IR for the rest of the year. Teams have 3 weeks to either activate the player, release him or put him on IR, the latter has been the plan the entire time for Latt.

I laugh that you respond to only that out of everything that I wrote. I know he can practice for 3 weeks and go on IR but I could see us eating a roster spot for him and holding him out until the postseason.

BUT only if the medical staff knows he is ready to play. That being said I don't Lattimore is activated at all.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Very interesting.

Comments?

I'm betting that nobody that has been rumored of significance will be traded. Fitz isn't going anywhere, J.Allen in his contract year won't either, Cleveland wants 2 much for Gordon so he's staying put and I think the Giants hold onto Nicks. I could see a couple small deals like Dixon for a 7th round pick or something but that's it.

we dont have the money to take him on, unless we dump some players
Share 49ersWebzone