There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dan Skuta Appreciation thread

When Aldon was out, Skuta more than picked up the slack. He's a "bring your lunchpail" kind of player...no nonsense, just plays hard all the time. Mike Mayock raves about him. In a 16-game season, you need quality b/u's and Skuta's that and more.
Not saying they're similar players necessarily, but Skuta's mindset seems similar to Justin Smith. You see him running all over the field, never giving up on any play. He plays hungry.

Very happy with our reserves on defense
SKUUUUUTTTAAA !!!
dude was beasting last night. Should've had 3 sacks, but one was called back due to hands to the face by brooks.
He looks like Alex Smith on roids
Without this dude our pass rush nonexistance.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Skuta played the game of his life last night and I hope it continues
We could probably get 4-5 years out of him easily. Maybe Lemonhead is expendable....?

Aldon-Brooks
Skuta-Lynch
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Not to hate on boreland but could we slide Skuta to ILB for the game and just start Lynch for the game?
Skuta>Lemonier
Originally posted by jcs:
Not to hate on boreland but could we slide Skuta to ILB for the game and just start Lynch for the game?

imo thats a bad idea, were gunna need as much pass rush on manning as possible, i think Borland can hold his own.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

imo thats a bad idea, were gunna need as much pass rush on manning as possible, i think Borland can hold his own.

? It would put Skuta, Brooks and Lynch on the field together.

Boreland is too aggressive and I feel could be destroyed against a QB like manning.
[ Edited by jcs on Oct 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
He's a "bring your lunchpail" kind of player.

Motor Skuta.
? It would put Skuta, Brooks and Lynch on the field together.

Boreland is too aggressive and I feel could be destroyed against a QB like manning.

possibly, but either way it will not be favorable to us cuz chances are whoever goes in for willis will be in coverage not pass rushing and i dont think i trust any lb not named bowman or willis in a matchup against Thomas.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Oct 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM ]