There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree Or Harvin

Crabtree Or Harvin

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Crabtree and its not even close.

This.

Crabtree brings a level of consistancy that's needed. He's a true #1, while Harvin is more of a supplementary weapon. A dangerous one, no doubt, but not a prototypical #1 that teams need, and covet.
Crabtree

People seem to think that Harvin has proven to be a deep-down-the-field threat. Not really. As a couple others in here wisely stated, he's been an underneath target with the potential for big YAC.

Now, if we are to ask Torrey Smith or Crabtree? For this year? Hell yeah, Give me Torrey. He would complement Boldin much better as the legit deep threat WR outside.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
They both suck right now. I could put up better numbers.

wake up Prisoner, you're talking in your sleep!!
I voted or YAC-Tree ... BTW, is this a TRICK question
Originally posted by AmpLee:

This.

Crabtree brings a level of consistancy that's needed. He's a true #1, while Harvin is more of a supplementary weapon. A dangerous one, no doubt, but not a prototypical #1 that teams need, and covet.
I don't know if you can say crabtree is a prototypical #1. I think crabtree is more like Rice or Mike Irvin old school number 1. Tough, will run any route you ask, and will use his hands to not only catch passes, but get away with pushing db's off him. That being said I rather have crabtree over harvin. But the prototypical # 1 wr is now in the mold of Megatron with size, speed, hands.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Oct 25, 2013 at 3:18 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

This.

I don't know if you can say crabtree is a prototypical #1. I think crabtree is more like Rice or Mike Irvin old school number 1. Tough, will run any route you ask, and will use his hands to not only catch passes, but get away with pushing db's off him. That being said I rather have crabtree over harvin. But the prototypical # 1 wr is now in the mold of Megatron with size, speed, hands.

Lol, Megatron is Megatron, a rare bread. An ideal WR, but hardly prototypical. Number 1 WR of Crabs skills are far more common. That doesn't diminish his skill set, but not all number ones are Julio Jones and Megatron.

This.

Lol, Megatron is Megatron, a rare bread. An ideal WR, but hardly prototypical. Number 1 WR of Crabs skills are far more common. That doesn't diminish his skill set, but not all number ones are Julio Jones and Megatron.

Even crabtree's skill set is hard to match, took us a very long time to find a number 1 wr after T.O. So wasn't knocking him, nothing against crabtree, I'd take him over everyone in this league except Megatron, Julio and maybe Dez Bryant.

This.

Even crabtree's skill set is hard to match, took us a very long time to find a number 1 wr after T.O. So wasn't knocking him, nothing against crabtree, I'd take him over everyone in this league except Megatron, Julio and maybe Dez Bryant.

I would take Rice, Irvin and TO over any and all of these guys. The oldies had size, football speed and hands. More importantly they were clutch in big games, third downs and in the redzone. If Rice, TO and Irvin were playing today in their primes with these "rules" they would be the prototypes and would dominate
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

/THREAD.

Haha. Crabtree says, "The Legion Of Whom?"

This.

My eye test tells me that of these newbies Crabtree is the most clutch. He consistently picks up 3rd downs, performs in big games and is a redzone threat. But I would probably rank the other 3 WRs above him all in all because of their physical superiority

Can't tell if serious...seriously.
It's kind of apples & oranges...Harvin does things Crabtree doesn't and vice versa. For what he brings to this offense, my vote would have to go to MC. He really established himself as the go-to guy last year. He runs great routes and rarely drops the ball. He and Kaepernick have great chemistry. Harvin's explosive, no doubt. He's also been very injury-prone so far in his career.
Crabs for sure ....Percy isn't capable of playing an entire season, the guy is injury prone, and can be a distraction in the locker room
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Harvin will be out for the season again in a few games.

Exactly!