LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

**** WEEK 8 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 10/24 - 10/28 ****

Shop 49ers game tickets
AP's TD run was mean
AD
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Looks like Singletary and Nolan will both be looking for jobs after this season.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Minnesota Viqueens
Originally posted by vaden:
Looks like Singletary and Nolan will both be looking for jobs after this season.

If anybody's smart they won't get hired ever again, unless it's Pop Warner. I find it curious there are teams like Minny & Atlanta who make the playoffs one year (the latter even making the NFCCG) and then are putrid the next, but the Niners have managed to be playoff and SB contenders for well, at least 2 1/2 years anyway.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
ponder, cassell, freeman... Piles and piles and piles of crap stacked on top of each other
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Viqueens' whole coaching staff worse than hot garbage in 120 degree weather!
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by vaden:

If anybody's smart they won't get hired ever again, unless it's Pop Warner. I find it curious there are teams like Minny & Atlanta who make the playoffs one year (the latter even making the NFCCG) and then are putrid the next, but the Niners have managed to be playoff and SB contenders for well, at least 2 1/2 years anyway.

As the 49ers who used to lose a lot of close games in 2009 and 2010 - one game against the Falcons was a loss because of the 49ers defender got greedy after an interception, the Falcons won a lot of close games. Now the pendulum swings the other way: they cannot win the close games anymore, and Matt Ryan instead of making the winning plays to win the games, is no longer making enough good plays to compensate for the failing defense. It's bad because the guy just got a huge contract, making only less than Rodgers on the average per season pay.
This game is killing me. I was up by 60 in one of my leagues and because the Vikings defense is inept, I might lose.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
This game is killing me. I was up by 60 in one of my leagues and because the Vikings defense is inept, I might lose.

I feel your pain... Viqueens can't even cover 14 points (on teaser)

Originally posted by LVJay:

I feel your pain... Viqueens can't even cover 14 points (on teaser)

At least we have the hot where's Waldo cheerleader
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Those crappy Viqueens covered the 14 pts
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

hope those Viqueens didn't cost you (in your league)....
Originally posted by LVJay:

hope those Viqueens didn't cost you (in your league)....

I ended up just squeaking by. My heart stopped when Rogers threw to Lacy inside the 5. That would have lost me the game. The guy I played had Rodgers and Lacy.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fastforward:
As the 49ers who used to lose a lot of close games in 2009 and 2010 - one game against the Falcons was a loss because of the 49ers defender got greedy after an interception, the Falcons won a lot of close games. Now the pendulum swings the other way: they cannot win the close games anymore, and Matt Ryan instead of making the winning plays to win the games, is no longer making enough good plays to compensate for the failing defense. It's bad because the guy just got a huge contract, making only less than Rodgers on the average per season pay.

Yep, Atlanta had one of the luckiest regular seasons in history last year, so they were due for decline.
Share 49ersWebzone