There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you rate last nights MNF Game as one of the worst ever?

last nights game was absolutely horrible , even the announcers made a remark in the 3rd qtr about the football game being bad and one of the worst ever.

the Vikings had no punch to their offense , and the Giants could only muster up 24 points against a very bad vikings defense, they also played sloppy football , lot of drops by their WR's, even though Eli did not throw an INT, their offense didnt look like the explosive machines they have put on the field over the years

personally it was one of the most painful games I have ever watched, even worse than last years tie with the Rams

thoughts?
didn't watch, lol
felt like a preseason game
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
felt like a preseason game

I agree ....very sloppy football
Originally posted by Amir:

He is missing that discount daaable check!
I didn't watch it but SNF has taken over as the top dog. Seems like a lot of the MNF games the matchup isn't that great and the games aren't either. NBC seems to steal most of the good ones. At least it's still better than TNF. I think a big problem with that is they made it so every team in the league gets a prime time game and some teams shouldn't have one. At first I was like yeah that's nice every team and their fans deserve one but now I'm no so sure. It's kind of rough on the fans and the players but maybe they should start flexing games sooner in the season.

P.S. Jenning sold out for more money and he's paying for it now. Just like so many other players. Packers apparently offered 8 and you wanted 9 so you will probably suffer on the Vikings the next 5 years.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I rated it the worst EVER before the day even came and I didn't have enough guts to watch such horror!
Originally posted by verb1der:
didn't watch, lol

this
didn't watch, lol

Same here
Wish they would flex MNF games too. Nobody should have to witness a matchup like that on primetime. That was probably the worst O-line play I've ever seen in one game. I think you'd have to make a lowlight film using 8 different teams over the course of season to find that much crappy footage. It was embarrassing for all NFL fans not just Vikings and Giants fans.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I didn't watch it but SNF has taken over as the top dog. Seems like a lot of the MNF games the matchup isn't that great and the games aren't either. NBC seems to steal most of the good ones. At least it's still better than TNF. I think a big problem with that is they made it so every team in the league gets a prime time game and some teams shouldn't have one. At first I was like yeah that's nice every team and their fans deserve one but now I'm no so sure. It's kind of rough on the fans and the players but maybe they should start flexing games sooner in the season.

P.S. Jenning sold out for more money and he's paying for it now. Just like so many other players. Packers apparently offered 8 and you wanted 9 so you will probably suffer on the Vikings the next 5 years.

Jennings, Simpson, Wright, Patterson, Rudolph, Peterson, Gerhart .....all these weapons and playmakers, and still Bill Musgrave and Leslie Frazier couldn't figure out how to move the ball with these solid players ...the vikings coaching staff is s**t ...I bet even Jimmy Raye, Jim Hostler and Mike Johnson would have called a better game, and had the offense better prepared to play football than Musgrave and Frazier ......letting Josh Freeman pass the ball 53 times is reason enough to fire the vikings coaching staff .....makes you appreciate Greg Roman
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Oct 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM ]

sucks for him.
It was so bad that I actually switched to "The Voice". 5 seconds later I just turned off my TV.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Jennings, Simpson, Wright, Patterson, Rudolph, Peterson, Gerhart .....all these weapons and playmakers, and still Bill Musgrave and Leslie Frazier couldn't figure out how to move the ball with these solid players ...the vikings coaching staff is s**t ...I bet even Jimmy Raye, Jim Hostler and Mike Johnson would have called a better game, and had the offense better prepared to play football than Musgrave and Frazier ......letting Josh Freeman pass the ball 53 times is reason enough to fire the vikings coaching staff .....makes you appreciate Greg Roman

From that list the only "WEAPON" i read is Peterson. I watched the game with some of my buddies who are Vikings fans and we all left early in 4th Q as no one could bare to watch anymore. Even if you are a Giants fan you cant be happy with that win. it was terrible. Peterson was not used, Freeman got hit every drop back and cant complete a throw, no one can catch. Eli still looks terrible. The best stat i saw last night was:
When running the ball this year, the Giants LOSE YARDAGE on 17% of the runs. I think that is crazy until i watched that game and think that % should be more like 50%.