There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Texans waive three rookies.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by kray28:
Even if they were smoking a blunt...BFD.

Getting high the night before a game? Smart idea.

If he's not playing what better way to destress.

Obviously kidding
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by kray28:
Still, he's a third rounder. I wonder what rules they broke.

James Palmer @JPalmerCSN
Sam Montgomery says he walked into a hotel room where Jefferson & Wood were smoking a cigar. Went to team meetings and was called by Kubiak

Sam Montgomery - "I made a childish mistake." Added no illegal substances were involved in him breaking #Texans team rules.

Will Grubb @WillGrubbRadio
Source says Jefferson was smoking a cigar in his hotel room. They were called downstairs and accused of using a substance.

According to source, the room was never searched and no substance was ever found. #Texans

Source say Jefferson met with team officials who told him 'they knew what he had been doing' #Texans

why would montgomery call smoking a cigar a childish mistake?
montgomery despite being a 3rd rd pick showed up to camp out of shape and i dont think he had been active for any games
great way to destroy a dream job
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9863995

Marijuana not involved. Maybe they have a team rule against tobacco use too, maybe after curfew?
Honestly I think the Texans made an example out of these guys. Does that mean they were smoking chronic? No. If we don't at least kick the tires on Montgomery when we get back to the states then Jim/Trent are half stepping. The Texans generally do a above average job at drafting on the offensive and defensive line, if they burned a 3rd on this kid then he must have some talent. Worst case scenario we could put him on the PS and give him a chance to prove himself. Keep in mind we gave P.Cox a chance who had a sexual assault case, and "experts" said he would never get a shot in the NFL again.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Honestly I think the Texans made an example out of these guys. Does that mean they were smoking chronic? No. If we don't at least kick the tires on Montgomery when we get back to the states then Jim/Trent are half stepping. The Texans generally do a above average job at drafting on the offensive and defensive line, if they burned a 3rd on this kid then he must have some talent. Worst case scenario we could put him on the PS and give him a chance to prove himself. Keep in mind we gave P.Cox a chance who had a sexual assault case, and "experts" said he would never get a shot in the NFL again.

Da'Rick Rogers has talent too, it means dick in the grand scheme of things when its packaged with a ten cent brain.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Da'Rick Rogers has talent too, it means dick in the grand scheme of things when its packaged with a ten cent brain.

Sometimes I think the culture of a team can get a player to walk the line, even if it's only for a season for two. Lets see what we can get out of him and go from there. It's not like we would give up anything for him or pay him any relevant amount of money.
Sometimes I think the culture of a team can get a player to walk the line, even if it's only for a season for two. Lets see what we can get out of him and go from there. It's not like we would give up anything for him or pay him any relevant amount of money.

Not worth it, Montgomery has if anything, been incredibly consistent when it comes to being a headcase. He's the worst kind of headcase, a malingerer, a guy who doesn't put out full effort on the field and only b***hes, moans and complains, trying to undermine everything else, 49ers don't need that disease in their locker room. You look at Reid, who also came from LSU and its clear that the two guys couldn't be anymore different.
Originally posted by xcfan:
kubiak's an idiot for drafting montgomery in the third round. montgomery did everything to tell the nfl he wasn't worth drafting.

Ding ding ding. Stupid pick overall.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Marijuana not involved. Maybe they have a team rule against tobacco use too, maybe after curfew?

If they were really let go for smoking a cigar, then they were looking for any excuse to drop these guys. If JJ Watt was smoking a stogie I bet he would have been gone too, right?
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

If they were really let go for smoking a cigar, then they were looking for any excuse to drop these guys. If JJ Watt was smoking a stogie I bet he would have been gone too, right?

Then the team lied. If they said the reason they cut them was for marijuana use and it wasn't then the players should file a grievance against them.

They didn't need to find a reason to drop them. They could have without using what it sounding like a bogus reason. They should have just waived them without lying about the reason.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Oct 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM ]