There are 283 users in the forums

Rules that need to be changed/fixed...

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
more than 5 check down passes a game should be a penalty.
lolll
i think all replays are initiated by the booth within two minutes of the closing halves that the coaches CANNOT challenge. I think the coach should challenge any challengeable play no matter the time frame....
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Pass interference should have a yardage limit. Make it 15 yards and a first down.

This.....all day
Originally posted by susweel:

Alex smith would object
Personal foul penalties being 15 yards. Your #1 and #2 fall into this category. Refs air on the side of caution and throw flags for what they think are helmet to helmet hits and give the offense a free 15. That changes the game so much.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Pass interference should have a yardage limit. Make it 15 yards and a first down.

This.....all day

And then when the 49ers get screwed at the end of a game where they're down by 4 at say the oppoents' 45-yd line in the final minute or two, get a PI at the 2, but instead of 1st & Goal it's 1st & 10 at the 30...and then they don't score. I'm sure you all would be thrilled with the 15-yd rule then.

I'd rather see enforcement go back to where it used to be, where refs would allow the "incidental" contact/hand-fighting...as long as it's not flagrant (e.g. overt shove, arm bar) where one player clearly gains an advantage over the other, then the flag stays in the pocket and no call. I think it might also be feasible to allow PI to become a reviewable play.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM ]
Move kickoffs back to the 30.
Originally posted by 9ers:

That's the college rule right? I like it.

Yep, make it just like in college, I've always thought the existing PI rules were pretty crazy although I guess it goes both ways, if you're a defensive back and you are getting beat way downfield, you'd be better off throwing the wide receiver to the ground and taking 15 yards instead of allowing a 30+ yard completion.
I think holding should be a 5 yard penalty. 10 yards is way too steep a price to pay for something that happens on every play.

I think the helmet-to-helmet penalties should be reviewable. More times than not contact isn't even made with the helmet.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by susweel:

Alex smith would object

lol he'd be banned from the league.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yep, make it just like in college, I've always thought the existing PI rules were pretty crazy although I guess it goes both ways, if you're a defensive back and you are getting beat way downfield, you'd be better off throwing the wide receiver to the ground and taking 15 yards instead of allowing a 30+ yard completion.

Or a TD -- it'd be a no brainer then to PI.

this is LONG overdue, nobody likes this s**t

That's why it would be a stupid rule change
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

That's why it would be a stupid rule change
Maybe, but the idea mentioned earlier has some merit: a flagrant version (same penalty as now) and a lesser version (15 yards). Now, maybe the reason they haven't implemented something like that is because he's too subjective and would be too hard to call.
Share 49ersWebzone