There are 271 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by buck:
We should not forget that Boldin, his wife, and kids have voice and vote.

I wonder what Boldin, his wife, and his family want him to do. I do not have a clue.

I think that if Boldin wants to continue playing, we will sign him to a 2 year deal.

I think the brand new, state of the art stadium will help. I would think he might want to be part of the team to break that in. And with Kaeprnick getting more comfortable and growing, skies the limit. He could end his career putting up monster numbers.

I do think that there are good reasons for him to come back for another year or two.

I hope he does and I hope we keep him.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Anquan Boldin freed the Hebrews from bondage.

LOLLLLL helluva job!
I still think the overarching reason for Anquan to remain will be that he loves catching (sometimes errant) balls from Kap, the 86 mph type, he likes our passing game, he likes being the guy we all depend upon, he loves being in the middle of the game. He was not many of the above in either AZ or Baltimore. Neither team (cards with inept qBs, and ravens with running game) really featured him. We don't just feature Anquan, he is the face( or certainly one of them) for the 49ers. Also he may like the stand up guys and the quality personality guys here. In Baltimore, one guy murdered somebody(no names please), and there were other less than stellar personalities there. Here it is P-52, Kap, Bowman, Vernon, Staley, Iupati...to mention a few. I would guess he would be aware of the fact that we have an overabundance of really good guys here, not to mention great character people. Who you work with is frequently factored into whether you work there or not. If quality of people has anything to do at all with where Anquan goes, we would rate at top of list.

Also, would he rather live in CA or MD? Not too hard to figure that one. Like everyone else, it will ultimately come down to $$ and length of contract, amount guaranteed or not. I am betting trent finds a way to structure anquan playing here the next 3 yrs, at a price that doesn't upset our well crafted payroll.

OTOH, I just can't imagine this team sans Anquan next yr. Amazing bundle of talent and character. And face it. Catching kap's passes is not the easiest thing in the world. Anquan has a terrific knack for it. All that has to be factored in.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I still think the overarching reason for Anquan to remain will be that he loves catching (sometimes errant) balls from Kap, the 86 mph type, he likes our passing game, he likes being the guy we all depend upon, he loves being in the middle of the game. He was not many of the above in either AZ or Baltimore. Neither team (cards with inept qBs, and ravens with running game) really featured him. We don't just feature Anquan, he is the face( or certainly one of them) for the 49ers. Also he may like the stand up guys and the quality personality guys here. In Baltimore, one guy murdered somebody(no names please), and there were other less than stellar personalities there. Here it is P-52, Kap, Bowman, Vernon, Staley, Iupati...to mention a few. I would guess he would be aware of the fact that we have an overabundance of really good guys here, not to mention great character people. Who you work with is frequently factored into whether you work there or not. If quality of people has anything to do at all with where Anquan goes, we would rate at top of list.

Also, would he rather live in CA or MD? Not too hard to figure that one. Like everyone else, it will ultimately come down to $$ and length of contract, amount guaranteed or not. I am betting trent finds a way to structure anquan playing here the next 3 yrs, at a price that doesn't upset our well crafted payroll.

OTOH, I just can't imagine this team sans Anquan next yr. Amazing bundle of talent and character. And face it. Catching kap's passes is not the easiest thing in the world. Anquan has a terrific knack for it. All that has to be factored in.
I think you hit on a bunch of excellent points. I still take Anquan at his word when he says it is business for him. I know he loves his job football and competing and I think we give him as good a chance as any at all of those things if the price is right. I think we offer Boldin a two to three year deal with all guaranteed money just as he played for this season. I see no reason he declines it other than if we low ball him. I see no reason we would because we might get a decent discount with Kap and Aldon as they both haven't lit up the stat sheet statistically yet we know they are both elite talents. We will use those savings to extend core guys we need to carry on our success
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Lulz. Awesome!

Keep em up.

i cant get over how awesome this is lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by AmpLee:

Lulz. Awesome!

Keep em up.

i cant get over how awesome this is lol

That's funny as hell
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Believe it or not, I think if we resign Boldin we won't draft a WR high this year. We might wait until next year to draft a WR high. We might draft one in the mid rounds but not in the first two rounds. Plus a good WR will drop dramatically because of a lot of talent in the position this year. I think if we resign Boldin, we'll go CB/SS/C in the first two rounds. So, Boldin holds the fate to our draft picks this year. Hopefully we can resign him.

What exactly are you basing this conclusion off of? Boldin is aging and Crabtree is going to be a free agent after next season. I fully expect them to draft 1-2 receivers, with one guy drafted with one of the higher picks. WR's take time to develop, they don't normally come on in their rookie year, its not wise at all to wait until you're in need of one to go out and draft one.
Sign him asap
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Believe it or not, I think if we resign Boldin we won't draft a WR high this year. We might wait until next year to draft a WR high. We might draft one in the mid rounds but not in the first two rounds. Plus a good WR will drop dramatically because of a lot of talent in the position this year. I think if we resign Boldin, we'll go CB/SS/C in the first two rounds. So, Boldin holds the fate to our draft picks this year. Hopefully we can resign him.

What exactly are you basing this conclusion off of? Boldin is aging and Crabtree is going to be a free agent after next season. I fully expect them to draft 1-2 receivers, with one guy drafted with one of the higher picks. WR's take time to develop, they don't normally come on in their rookie year, its not wise at all to wait until you're in need of one to go out and draft one.

All of this. Hell, I took receivers with BOTH second round picks in my mock. And then took two more after the fourth round. I hope Trent Baalke adopts a similar approach. We need to be prepared for all possibilities. Whether it's not resigning Crabtree, the high bust rate of receivers, an unlikely decline in Anquan Boldin, injury, etc. Plus with 13 picks, what else are we going to do with them? There is no major need for a RB. Any position drafted in the front 7 isn't likely to play at all. Any offensive line player just gives us depth. And there is no need to take a TE before the 5th round.
PAY THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

2 years $100million contract seems fair
Pay Him, Dawson and Whitner.
Please keep him and pay him what he wants for the next 3 yrs. No other receiver for the last decade has brought a defensive mentality and toughness to this offense. He balances our offense and actually...brings honor back to the number 81.
Yes bring him back. Has heart
Share 49ersWebzone