LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 431 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
pretty stupid penalty. that really turned the game in a s**tty way.
  • CMIO
Originally posted by outside4949:
pretty stupid penalty. that really turned the game in a s**tty way.

That has never been called, and it wasn't that bad a headbutt. Players smash helmets all the time. It's not like the guy fell to the ground.

This is blatant refs picking on our team at a crucial juncture of the game, and it cost us.

f**k the refs, and Im glad Boldin called em out. I wish the entire team had the balls to collectively call the refs out post game so that Goodell would be forced to take it seriously.
I agree! but the way they are calling s**t you have to be perfect. they are calling everything and I mean everything on us!
Originally posted by CMIO:
That has never been called, and it wasn't that bad a headbutt. Players smash helmets all the time. It's not like the guy fell to the ground.

This is blatant refs picking on our team at a crucial juncture of the game, and it cost us.

f**k the refs, and Im glad Boldin called em out. I wish the entire team had the balls to collectively call the refs out post game so that Goodell would be forced to take it seriously.

We have been fortunate that he hasn't been called up until yesterday. I love Boldin but he is very passionate and at times a little overboard and yesterday it came back and bit us in the a$$. He single - handily killed that dominant drive and it spiraled downhill from there.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I agree w/ Sims.. I've been a fan of Boldin since he was a QB/WR at Florida State.. I prayed the night of the draft for the 49ers to land this guy.. .he's been great everywhere he went.. but the guy has a dumb temper at times... yesterday's last hope, that drive, I thought he personally killed us.. the guy i know should be better than than.. he shoulda attack anybody after we score a TD or so..
  • BobS
  • Veteran
It appears the NFL is going to crack down on how the Boldins of the NFL act. He needs to tone down his behavior.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Everyone on the team needs to watch that play over and over....and get it through their thick skulls to stop with anything extracurricular. No talking, no noise, no contact....just make the play, get up, and get back to the huddle. A complete ZCP with the refs and the opposing players needs to be in effect.
Head butting is a no/no.

Stupid play by a smart veteran leader.

NOT GOOD
I think when the end of the season comes that's one play that will play over & over again in his mind.

We all make mistakes BUT it's the really stupid ones that haunt us.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think when the end of the season comes that's one play that will play over & over again in his mind.

Yup 1st and goal at the 5.

Thee worst game situation and thee worst place to do something like that. Just hold it in and pop the mother f**ker in the next game or during garbage time...

Come on man!

I agree that it was a dumb move on his part. But it was also very ticky tack and could have been a no call
I love the fire and passion which Boldin plays with
I'm sorry, but that was a pretty obvious and forceful headbutt. It wasn't just him walking up into the defender to jaw with him. It was idiotic and destroyed both our drive and ultimately ruined arguably our best chance of winning the football game.
Originally posted by Sims84:
We have been fortunate that he hasn't been called up until yesterday. I love Boldin but he is very passionate and at times a little overboard and yesterday it came back and bit us in the a$$. He single - handily killed that dominant drive and it spiraled downhill from there.

This ^^^
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yup 1st and goal at the 5.

Thee worst game situation and thee worst place to do something like that. Just hold it in and pop the mother f**ker in the next game or during garbage time...

Come on man!

Or we can just put it on them, 2007 New England Patriots style (regular season of course). We definitely have the firepower to do it.
Share 49ersWebzone