LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
letting Baldwin stick around pretty much guarantees that there are no plans to re-sign Boldin
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
letting Baldwin stick around pretty much guarantees that there are no plans to re-sign Boldin

LOL Chaz that was near Suswheel level post.

We have $11 million in cap space cause of the new cap ceiling and is BEFORE cutting Rogers. We're going to re-sign Boldin.

Dumbest post of the day and it's only 9 Am.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

lol
Just listened to the piece on NFL.com where Heath Evans and Willie McGinest were talking about the 9ers biggest needs. The first thing they mentioned was resigning Boldin, especially for his leadership and toughness for the offense. Can't imagine the meltdown here if this happened but Heath said that Boldin should be a target for the Seahawks and that makes a ton of sense if they part ways with both Rice and Tate; they would need a big, tough receiver to complement Harvin, Baldwin, and Kearse. So all the more reason for Baalke to step up now and get this man signed!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000326978/Biggest-offseason-need-for-49ers
[ Edited by stimpy on Feb 20, 2014 at 4:47 PM ]
Originally posted by stimpy:
Just listened to the piece on NFL.com where Heath Evans and Willie McGinest were talking about the 9ers biggest needs. The first thing they mentioned was resigning Boldin, especially for his leadership and toughness for the offense. Can't imagine the meltdown here if this happened but Heath said that Boldin should be a target for the Seahawks and that makes a ton of sense if they part ways with both Rice and Tate; they would need a big, tough receiver to complement Harvin, Baldwin, and Kearse. So all the more reason for Baalke to step up now and get this man signed!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000326978/Biggest-offseason-need-for-49ers

That would piss me off. I doubt Boldin wants to play for a scummy organization like that.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
That would piss me off. I doubt Boldin wants to play for a scummy organization like that.

Especially with such mouthy youngsters!! Boldin is a no nonsense type of grizzled veteran. I can see someone over there rubbing him the wrong way and Pete just last season remarked after week 2 ... "what did Anquan do?" You think Boldin forgot that come week 14 when he torched those same Seahawks for almost 100 yards receiving?

At this point in his career, it's not about the organization. It's about the money now.
Originally posted by speedster:

At this point in his career, it's not about the organization. It's about the money now.

He's made his money. He wants to be happy and with a winner. He won't find happiness with that shady team.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Dumbest post of the day and it's only 9 Am.

Haha

They wouldn't touch Q. Even if he gave them the Golden hands of Quan.

The Hags will draft or bring in some unknown fricking nobody that somehow magically turns into a 55 catch, 600 yard PITA to our secondary. They made it the whole year without Harvin and the dude plays in the biggest game of the year, making himself part of the MVP conversation. I think they go after someone, but nobody big.

I think if the Hags made the right offer, Q would take it, his chances of getting another Super Bowl are pretty much the same regardless of which team he goes to, but they would never pay him the money that he wants.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:

The Hags will draft or bring in some unknown fricking nobody that somehow magically turns into a 55 catch, 600 yard PITA to our secondary. They made it the whole year without Harvin and the dude plays in the biggest game of the year, making himself part of the MVP conversation. I think they go after someone, but nobody big.

I think if the Hags made the right offer, Q would take it, his chances of getting another Super Bowl are pretty much the same regardless of which team he goes to, but they would never pay him the money that he wants.

To say they won't touch q ..is naive

They pretty much pick up every player we let go.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

and vice versa
Originally posted by Rathmanator:

Yup. They use our team as scouting as do others. Thats why they just draft guys harbaugh has had his hands on. As much as they hate JH, they are on the jock of players he has coached.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

and vice versa
Who !
Share 49ersWebzone