LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 367 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
The Saints and the Broncos do not have the Niners' defense or their OL. The Colts' TY Hilton had five catches for 140 yards and two key touchdown receptions, including a career long 73 yard touchdown against Seattle. It was his best game, in fact. Lack of offensive speed is the one weakness of the Niners' offense.

saints or broncos D or OL has nothing to do with their offense and burners at WR. why are you bringing this up ? ty hilton may have a good game against the hags, but if you look at last 10 or so WRs to have 100+ yard games against them, youd find more Brandon Marshalls and Andre Johnson than burners.

and what the hell is the reason for bringing/drafting a speed guy if we're never throwing to him ?
ted ginn was on our team for last 2 years. how much did he get used ? the only significant deep throw I remember to him was on thanksgiving against the ravens, and that play got negated thanks to chilo (I think, or may have been Frankie on the chop block)
panthers used him this year, and it shows.

Manningham was used a ton as a deep threat on the Giants, almost to the point some thought he was one-trick pony. I dont know if we threw three passes deep to him over these two years he was on our squad.

we are already a conservative offense. if we re-sign Boldin (which we absolutely should), the hypothetical burner WR will be 4th or 5th receiving option on a run-first team. this staff hasnt shown it can develop or even scout a good young WR in years, and neither has the organization (since TO). I dont see this changing, frankly. not under Harbaugh/Roman, not with this OL and not with this philosophy.

Spot on IMHO!

That post ended all discussion of getting a burner. Our offensive philosophy does not allow for burners, it needs possession people like Boldin and Crabs, and shifty catch and run people like Crabtree.

The only "burner" I think we may draft is going to be either Cooks, Beckham, Abbrederis (him more so for his routes), MAYBE Josh Huff (he'd need the most work though IMO) because they have the footwork and body control to excel from the slot or on short routes on the outside and create YAC.

And ideally if they could double as a "real" dynamic returner.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
The Saints and the Broncos do not have the Niners' defense or their OL. The Colts' TY Hilton had five catches for 140 yards and two key touchdown receptions, including a career long 73 yard touchdown against Seattle. It was his best game, in fact. Lack of offensive speed is the one weakness of the Niners' offense.

saints or broncos D or OL has nothing to do with their offense and burners at WR. why are you bringing this up ? ty hilton may have a good game against the hags, but if you look at last 10 or so WRs to have 100+ yard games against them, youd find more Brandon Marshalls and Andre Johnson than burners.

and what the hell is the reason for bringing/drafting a speed guy if we're never throwing to him ?
ted ginn was on our team for last 2 years. how much did he get used ? the only significant deep throw I remember to him was on thanksgiving against the ravens, and that play got negated thanks to chilo (I think, or may have been Frankie on the chop block)

Manningham was used a ton as a deep threat on the Giants, almost to the point some thought he was one-trick pony. I dont know if we threw three passes deep to him over these two years he was on our squad.

we are already a conservative offense. if we re-sign Boldin (which we absolutely should), the hypothetical burner WR will be 4th or 5th receiving option on a run-first team. this staff hasnt shown it can develop or even scout a good young WR in years, and neither has the organization (since TO). I dont see this changing, frankly. not under Harbaugh/Roman, not with this OL and not with this philosophy.

Spot on IMHO!

That post ended all discussion of getting a burner. Our offensive philosophy does not allow for burners, it needs possession people like Boldin and Crabs, and shifty catch and run people like Crabtree.

The only "burner" I think we may draft is going to be either Cooks, Beckham, Abbrederis (him more so for his routes), MAYBE Josh Huff (he'd need the most work though IMO) because they have the footwork and body control to excel from the slot or on short routes on the outside and create YAC.

And ideally if they could double as a "real" dynamic returner.

Couldn't agree more.
I hope and pray that Boldin is very reasonable, He is a outstanding player who is worth fighting for.
We need a go to sold player next year
ive been periodically checking my bleacher report app today hoping it would say we re signed this dude, but no such luck. wtf is the hold up
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lucky_49:
ive been periodically checking my bleacher report app today hoping it would say we re signed this dude, but no such luck. wtf is the hold up

Nothing will happen until this weekend if not the days after. Agent will meet with Baalke at the combine, if they agree Boldin will go to HQ and sign the extension during the week.
This Guy bETTEr be signed. He filled in HUGE and WAS the Team MVP along with Navorro as far as I'm concerned. Give him $7 mill Guaranteed and dump Carlos.

I mentioned the Saints and Broncos because someone else brought them up.

If the Niners are not going to throw long passes, why did they let go of Alex Smith to make Kaep a game manager with quicker feet and little touch?

I don't see the FO changing its spots either. I'm all for Boldin being the #3 WR for the Niners. A new starter with speed and all the other qualities of a good receiver is what I advocate. Unless we have a new starter (who deserves to be ahead of Boldin), the Niners can only hope to win the SB are not planning for it.
For the Love of God Please stay
Originally posted by Constantine:

this
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

this

As Teddy KGB would say, "Pay him, pay that man his money."

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

this

As Teddy KGB would say, "Pay him, pay that man his money."

Show him da money!
Source says Jon Baldwin has reworked his contract to reduce this base salary to stay with the team. His salary is now $645.000 down from $1.4 million. Saving the team over $700k. I guess he wants to stick with a winner or make himself more attractive to be traded.
[ Edited by Ninerfan81 on Feb 20, 2014 at 6:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Source says Jon Baldwin has reworked his contract to reduce this base salary to stay with the team. His salary is now $645.000 down from $1.4 million. Saving the team over $700k. I guess he wants to stick with a winner or make himself more attractive to be traded.

Good that's a good sign. I really wish the 49ers would atleast TRY and develop JB. He's still young and with the size and speed this team needs. Why not try and incorporate him into the passing game more and boom that would be one less headache to worry about as far has having a young speed receiver this way teams still have to respect and fear the long ball.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:

Good that's a good sign. I really wish the 49ers would atleast TRY and develop JB. He's still young and with the size and speed this team needs. Why not try and incorporate him into the passing game more and boom that would be one less headache to worry about as far has having a young speed receiver this way teams still have to respect and fear the long ball.

He'll never earn the incentives unless Boldin or Crabtree get seriously injuried. He has to play 80% of the snaps, catch 65 passes, amass 800 receiving yards to get the incentives.

Hopefully he is just motivated to prove himself though.
Share 49ersWebzone