LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:
I was looking at the free agency list for this off-season and I didn't see Boldin's name. Is he a free agent after we win the Superbowl or do people just assume we are going to cut him because of his cap number? I googled it, but didn't find an article with any info on the duration of his contract.

Edit: Looks like he'll be an UFA this off-season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/anquan-boldin/

Yes we all knew that
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Not sure if posted yet.....but dammit I love this guy!!!!

A man among boys!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
A man among boys!

WRONG!

He's a giant three-toed sloth among boys.

Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Not sure if posted yet.....but dammit I love this guy!!!!

A man among boys!

A beast for sure!
I hope we can keep him around. He's so valuable. He's Mr Reliable.

If we can have Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, and Vernon all on the field next year Kaepernick could take a giant step forward as a passer. Crab's injury this year derailed the offense this year, but Boldin held things together. Without Anquan, I highly doubt we make the playoffs.
For a guy who is not the most athletic receiver, he is unbelievable. He is the example of how to catch with your hands. You never see him try to catch with his body and it is the reason he makes huge plays while other guys need it thrown perfectly (*cough* Vernon *cough*).

I hope he and Crab step up big today. We need everything both of them have to offer.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I was looking at the free agency list for this off-season and I didn't see Boldin's name. Is he a free agent after we win the Superbowl or do people just assume we are going to cut him because of his cap number? I googled it, but didn't find an article with any info on the duration of his contract.

Yes we all knew that

I wish I could be a hardcore fan like you. What's the secret; no life, family, job? I might have to readjust my priorities.
I wish I could be a hardcore fan like you. What's the secret; no life, family, job? I might have to readjust my priorities.

Or you know, it has been common knowledge since the day he was traded here?

Yes we all knew that

Read an article every now and then. No need to be derisive.
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Jan 19, 2014 at 7:45 AM ]

Bro, this is a 49er fan website! There are varying degrees of fandom and levels of involvement therein but there is no need to be ugly to anyone. Whether you be a bandwagon or 24/7 diehard it matters not to me but at a minimum we need to respect one another. As for myself, I have always felt that I have learned a lot from my 49er brethren and this is what sharing as fans is all about
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jan 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM ]

Yes we all knew that

Sorry you can't ...you don't have what it takes
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Or you know, it has been common knowledge since the day he was traded here?

This. It's been talked about ad nauseum.
Boldin will be the difference maker in this game
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Boldin will be the difference maker in this game

Might be Crabs' turn this time.
I know some people think hes not worth the money he will be asking for cause of his age or his speed i disagree i think the niners should do everything in there power to keep him. Look at his approach to the game his work ethic his veteran leadership his passion on the field the way he attacks the DB's and ball the way he gets separation and manages to get open the way he built chemistry with kaepernick those are all things that are irreplaceable We have a young explosive QB Boldin is the type of player we cant afford to take away from him. With Boldin next season if he re signs will have Boldin Crabtree Patton and hopefully a 1st round pick WR Boldin would help groom Patton and the rookie as well as help Crabtree sort of like the way they been trading off huge games these last few weeks. My gut feeling is the Niners don't mess up they saw how huge of a mistake it was for the Ravens to let him go they wont do the same.
Share 49ersWebzone