LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Anquan Boldin

Shop 49ers game tickets
Boldin was great in a unique way. He was the perfect #2, but lacked speed/height as a #1. The only thing that might get him in over the true #1s is him Flacco beasting to a SB (even though our offense beasted harder and outscored theirs in the SB).
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Boldin definitely makes it before TO

Q is a lock. Hof material on and off the field.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by NFLExpert:
Originally posted by SoCold:
I didn't make excuses I made comparisons.

I'm glad you know how the voters think.

Megatron has a much better chance because he was a better player statement contradicts your stance on stats and superbowl wins being a factor.

Just seems like for some reason you hate Boldin lol.

You aren't paying attention. Did you miss my post on Terrell Davis, Gale Sayers, and Kurt Warner, and how the HOF is looking for GREAT players/guys who dominated, even if for a short time, as opposed to guys who were solid for a long time and compiled numbers (such as Drew Bledsoe and Vinny Testaverde)?

Now, occasionally a guy who wasn't dominant can make it, but he has to have compiled to a HUGE extent, and bonus points for being a memorable part of a great team/great teams. Being 14th in receiving yards and 23rd in touchdowns at the time you retire, while never having been elite at your position, and never having been part of anything memorable, isn't going to cut it.

Calvin Johnson could get in because he was considered the best WR in football for a few years and set the single season record for receiving yards. He was a clear cut Hall of Famer and then he retired early.

And you have no business being sarcastic when your posts on this subject are absolutely embarrassing to anyone who knows the first thing about how the HOF works. I know how the voters think because they have SAID how they think, numerous time. This isn't top secret information. You just have to actually pay attention when they go into detailed explanations.

No I didn't miss that. Thanks for bringing up Vinny. Who has more career passing yards, completions and TDs than Joe Montana. The reason Joe is a HOF lock is because of all his SB wins. If Vinny had just 1 SB win I think he'd have a shot at the HOF.

So one of the reasons I think Boldin has a shot is because he's one of those guys who played and long time, compiled good stats and was a key factor in his team winning it all.

I could say the same things about Boldin as you did Calvin. Boldin could be considered one of the best #2 WRs in the game. No other #2 WR has his type of stats. Plus he won a SB.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Just my opinions.
Originally posted by SoCold:
No I didn't miss that. Thanks for bringing up Vinny. Who has more career passing yards, completions and TDs than Joe Montana. The reason Joe is a HOF lock is because of all his SB wins. If Vinny had just 1 SB win I think he'd have a shot at the HOF.

So one of the reasons I think Boldin has a shot is because he's one of those guys who played and long time, compiled good stats and was a key factor in his team winning it all.

I could say the same things about Boldin as you did Calvin. Boldin could be considered one of the best #2 WRs in the game. No other #2 WR has his type of stats. Plus he won a SB.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Just my opinions.

Another guy you didn't name: Wes Welker. He has a much better chance of getting into the HOF than Boldin. Not that receptions mean jack, but he led the NFL in receptions 3 times. Add to that that he will be remembered for his time on the Patriots - where he was part of the 2007 Patriots team that started 18-0 - and played in 3 Super Bowls, AND was part of the two highest scoring offenses in NFL history (2013 Broncos, 2007 Patriots) - and that he has that "revolutionized the slot receiver" crap going for him, he's yet another name to muddle the waters.

Meanwhile, in real life, wide receivers who were thought to be locks for the HOF had to wait an eternity.

Boldin wasn't a "key factor" in his team winning it all. Hardly anyone will even remember he played on a Super Bowl winning team. The 2012 Ravens are forgettable, and Flacco/Jacoby Jones were the stars, if there were any.

Boldin has ZERO chance. You don't have an opinion - you have a lack of knowledge about what "Hall of Fame" means and how the selection process works. Boldin making the Hall of Fame is literally as likely as a unicorn from Mars landing on your roof tomorrow. 0% chance of happening. Not 0.000001% chance. 0. It is literally impossible in this universe.
Lulz at boldin mot being a key factor in ravens winning it all. Guy led the postseason is rec stats

POSTSEASON-BAL rec yds tds
WILD IND 5 145 1
DIV @DEN 6 71 0
CONF @NE 5 60 2
SB @SF 6 104 1
Originally posted by crabman82:
Lulz at boldin mot being a key factor in ravens winning it all. Guy led the postseason is rec stats

POSTSEASON-BAL rec yds tds
WILD IND 5 145 1
DIV @DEN 6 71 0
CONF @NE 5 60 2
SB @SF 6 104 1

Again, nobody is going to remember anything Boldin did for one of the most forgettable SB winners in NFL history. It's like arguing Charlie Brown "played a key role" in the 1982-83 Redskins SB win, or Keenan McCardell in the 02 Bucs'.

You think of the 2012 Ravens, if you even remember them, you think of Flacco's playoff run and Ray Lewis's final year, as well as Jacoby Jones being the star of the SB. Boldin will not show up the way Isaac Bruce will in catching the game winning 73-yard TD pass for the "Greatest Show On Turf" in the SB against the Titans. You combine that with the fact that Bruce is 4th in NFL history in receiving yards, in compared to Boldin being 14th, and Bruce being the go-to receiver for the "Greatest Show On Turf," widely regarded as the greatest offense in NFL history, and he's probably going to get in after a long wait.

Boldin played for the no name Cardinals in the shadow of Fitzgerald, the no name, forgettable offense Ravens, and later, the no name, forgettable offense 49ers.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Just seen these. So this dude creates multiple screen names after being banned multiple times just to tell us how much he hates Boldin.

Obsessed.

https://www.google.com/amp/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2731238-anquan-boldin-reportedly-remains-interested-in-joining-patriots-despite-retiring.amp.html
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Sep 3, 2017 at 4:42 PM ]
Just saw his rebuttal to Reid and others implying he sold out the Players' Coalition in their agreement with the league. Q is as real as it gets, proud that he played for us and won Walter Payton Man of the Year. If he were still playing, he woulda knocked the stupidity out of Reid and Michael Thomas for the nonsense they came at him with.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/12/04/players-coalition-nfl-protests-national-anthem-malcolm-jenkins-anquan-boldin/920132001/
"You have guys who have actually been doing work. I don't know how much more we can stress this point: Guys have actually been doing work, minus the NFL. Guys have given their own money. Guys have lobbied on the Hill. Guys have met with senators and congressmen. Guys have done PSAs. We've done forums. We've done op-eds. we've gotten behind legislation that still needs to be pushed. Guys have done work.

"So for people to say that guys sold out because the NFL has given us a larger platform to amplify our voice is insane. The NFL didn't have to do what it did, because you can't name me not one other league or entity that has taken the concerns of its players and put resources behind it. You've seen nothing done from the NBA, MLB, WNBA, NCAA – you name it. Nobody has stepped up to the plate.

"Instead of people celebrating and getting behind the work people are doing and the collaboration between the NFL and its players as opposed to trying to tear it down, is ridiculous. My hope is that the media will stop feeding into that. Because this country has a real issue, and the only way this issue is going to get solved is to fight together, as opposed to fighting against one another."

Officially retiring as a Raven
Originally posted by captveg:
Officially retiring as a Raven

Cards fans must be salty, lol
Share 49ersWebzone