LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 327 users in the forums

NFL considering more Thursday football

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jcool:
CNBC Now ‏@CNBC
BREAKING: NFL reaches deal with CBS and NBC for Thursday Night Football; fees for Thursday night rights will be roughly $450M - Dow Jones

So all tnf games will be on CBS ?

NBC too
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
CNBC Now ‏@CNBC
BREAKING: NFL reaches deal with CBS and NBC for Thursday Night Football; fees for Thursday night rights will be roughly $450M - Dow Jones

John Ourand ‏@Ourand_SBJ
Sources: CBS and NBC will have five games each. Combined price tag "approaches" $500M.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by lamontb:
CNBC Now ‏@CNBC

NBC too

That's good no reason to play extra for nfl network. I canceled it before the season this year and really didn't miss it.
Originally posted by lamontb:
CNBC Now ‏@CNBC

NBC too

That's good no reason to play extra for nfl network. I canceled it before the season this year and really didn't miss it.

Yeah it ain't as good as it used to be 8-10 years ago. Really the only good s**t on there is the Americas game series, a football life series and similar type programming
At the dawn of television in the late 40's and early 50's boxing was huge. It was on almost every night. The ratings went through the roof. Boxers would fight every month so the managers and organized crime could cash in to the point of greed. Well the fight game became over-exposed and popularity waned. Does the NFL think they are immune from that happening to them?
You fools...if you were in charge of the greatest league on earth you too would be looking for more ways to make even more money.

This is a business
They are exposing themselves to having to show an inferior product.

I stopped watching most TNF because the matchups were terrible or a team was still gassed from sunday and looked like crap.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Andrew Brandt ‏@AndrewBrandt
NFL announces new Thursday night TV package with CBS (5 games a year), NBC (5 games) and NFL Network (8 games) for two years.
NFL announces new Thursday night TV package with CBS (5 games a year), NBC (5 games) and NFL Network (8 games) for two years.

Bad id

Bad idea.
Games might be a little sloppy but it's a chance to watch 1 more game. Otherwise it's just 1 more game on Sunday lost in the shuffle. Even if you have the ticket it's hard to watch all of the games

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by English:

Bad id

Bad idea.

why?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
They are exposing themselves to having to show an inferior product.

I stopped watching most TNF because the matchups were terrible or a team was still gassed from sunday and looked like crap.

? the first 6 weeks of the season the games were great until we got blown out by Seattle
pretty soon there will be "Friday Night Football" ....personally I'd rather see football on Fridays, instead of Thursdays, that extra day of rest after Sunday's games would go a long way towards having better quality games
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by crabman82:
Games might be a little sloppy but it's a chance to watch 1 more game. Otherwise it's just 1 more game on Sunday lost in the shuffle. Even if you have the ticket it's hard to watch all of the games

Yah I like watching nfl football over pretty much anything else on tv.
What I dont understand is why the NFL schedule doesn't allow the teams that play Thursday night games to do so following a BYE week. It would make for MUCH better football.

I, like a lot of others in here, will watch an NFL game regardless of when it is on. However, I dont think there would be many people who believe that Thursday night games are good games. They are often times the sloppiest and most poorly executed games of the week.
Share 49ersWebzone