LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 197 users in the forums

NFL considering more Thursday football

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Geeked:
Well, if it comes down to watching the USC game or 49ers. Guess I'm watching USC.

You can still watch USC play in the NFL-its called Cheattle.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Awful Announcing ‏@awfulannouncing

AA has learned plans are for Jim Nantz & Phil Simms to still be a prominent part of CBS's Sunday NFL games

Likely that Nantz/Simms broadcast most nationally televised Sunday CBS games, but may have some weeks where they work only Thursdays.

So thursday night football loses mike mayock, the most annoying color commentator in the NFL.

And replaces him with phil simms, the dumbest one?
If CBS is doing the TNF games does that mean the AFC has to be involved every game? since CBS covers the AFC
Well, if it comes down to watching the USC game or 49ers. Guess I'm watching USC.

GTFO.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

GTFO.

Agreed
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/06/new-thursday-night-arrangement-will-create-a-problem-for-two-teams/

Great... two teams get an extra short week. The ONLY fair way to treat that is to give both of those teams home games on each of their TNF games. They are getting totally screwed. I'd sure look forward to two TNF games for the 49ers where they had to go to the East Coast... that'd be awesome.

Just like how the 49ers magically turn up for the international games in London and Mexico... I have a strange feeling they'll be right there at the top of the list to get double fisted by Goodell for TNF too.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/06/new-thursday-night-arrangement-will-create-a-problem-for-two-teams/

Great... two teams get an extra short week. The ONLY fair way to treat that is to give both of those teams home games on each of their TNF games. They are getting totally screwed. I'd sure look forward to two TNF games for the 49ers where they had to go to the East Coast... that'd be awesome.

Just like how the 49ers magically turn up for the international games in London and Mexico... I have a strange feeling they'll be right there at the top of the list to get double fisted by Goodell for TNF too.

we turned up there because of john york, he is like the head of the nfls international f**king whatever they call it.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:

Of course. He has an agenda with them. That is why we got screwed by his goons.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

GTFO.

Agreed

USC=Cheattle.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

NFL will continue its partnership with CBS to produce and televise Thursday Night Football for the 2015 season, league announced.

They should change it to Friday night.
Just another example of Goodell not caring how bad those games are for the players...he's a greedy SOB and should be fired, IMHO. He's the same guy who wants an 18-game regular season schedule...again, B-A-D for the players, who're the ones who put fannies in the seats.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
What's been rumored for the last six months is inching closer to fruition: CBS Sports is currently engaged in high-level talks about purchasing a large chunk of the NFL Network, multiple industry sources tell Inside Blitz.

CBS and the NFL Network partnered a year ago to televise Thursday Night Football, but insiders are now saying that deal was something of a "trial run" to see about a larger partnership, which appears to be on the horizon.

CBS declined comment.

Three sources say that CBS Sports could potentially acquire 40% or more of the NFL Network, and both sides see it as a win-win for all parties involved. It's unclear if there's a timetable yet for the deal to be completed. One source said before next season begins; another said if a deal is reached, the partners would wait to make a "splashy announcement" ahead of next year's Super Bowl.

Super Bowl 50, which will be a massive extravaganza on February 7, 2016 at Levi's Stadium in California, will air on CBS.

There are several angles to this complex partnership:

* Sources say that there's a small cabal of influential NFL owners who are "frustrated" that the NFL Network is not making that much money, and this group has been pushing for awhile – dating back to 2014 – for a partnership that would be more financially beneficial. A partial sale of NFL Network would do just that.

* The NFL Network would then produce TV content to help out the fledgling CBS Sports Network (something that was teased near the bottom of a Jan. 18 press release). Sources say that NFL Network President Brian Rolapp has informally met with three TV executives who might helm such content production, including one prominent name at ESPN.

* There's potential for some type of Sunday pregame integration between the two networks in the future, similar to how CBS and the NFL Network joined forces on Thursday nights.

* When asked why NBC or Fox wouldn't have a crack at buying some or all of NFL Network – ostensibly to help NBC Sports Network or Fox Sports 1 – a source said: "The partnership with CBS went well, and nobody at either of those networks is as close with Bob Kraft – the most powerful owner in the NFL – as Les Moonves at CBS."

Initially when the CBS/NFL Network partnership was hatched in 2014, the NFL held an option for year two. That option was triggered in January. The partnership was mutually beneficial last season, as Sunday pregame ratings were up for CBS and the NFL Network.

Next season, CBS will again broadcast the first eight games Thursday Night Football games – as will NFL Network – and then the remainder will only appear on the NFL Network. NFL Network hosts will be used in the pregame, halftime and postgame shows while Jim Nantz and Phil Simms are in the booth.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/02/03/inside-blitz-cbs-inching-closer-to-buying-part-of-nfl-network/
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
CNBC Now ‏@CNBC
BREAKING: NFL reaches deal with CBS and NBC for Thursday Night Football; fees for Thursday night rights will be roughly $450M - Dow Jones
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jcool:
CNBC Now ‏@CNBC
BREAKING: NFL reaches deal with CBS and NBC for Thursday Night Football; fees for Thursday night rights will be roughly $450M - Dow Jones

So all tnf games will be on CBS ?
Share 49ersWebzone