There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers In The Mix For Hakeem Nicks

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Is this why LMJ was inactive Sunday?

Was thinking the same thing
Injury prone.
I'd prefer Gordon, but I dont think thats going to happen.

Boldon, Crabtree, Manningham, Nicks, VD. Now who can cover that? I doubt even Seattle can match up. No burners, Ill concede that, but thats a hell of a WR core right there.
Originally posted by frozen49er:

Boldon, Crabtree, Manningham, Nicks, VD. Now who can cover that? I doubt even Seattle can match up. No burners, Ill concede that, but thats a hell of a WR core right there.

crabs and manningham not gonna be 100 percent this year, need nicks as a backup plan if they are ineffective. id take a 50 percent crabtree over the garbage we putting out on the field besides boldin though.
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for frozen49er.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by frozen49er:

crabs and manningham not gonna be 100 percent this year, need nicks as a backup plan if they are ineffective. id take a 50 percent crabtree over the garbage we putting out on the field besides boldin though.

Mario may be back to his old self, but I doubt Crabs. I'd love Nicks in red and gold, think he'd fit in well. As for a 50% crabtree on the field, I'd take that, hell, I'd take a sandwich over the guys we have out there now. (aside from Boldon)

If any of you watched the GB game yesterday, they lost two WR's, bad for them, and bad for us if we are looking for a trade. All they have is 2 on the roster that are not hurt. One is Nelson, one is someone Ive never heard of that cant catch. They will be in the hunt this week for players (Nicks, Gordon, etc...) Their GM doesnt do many trades, but they are as beat up as we are in the WR arena, if we are going to make a move, it needs to happen before they do.
We have enough draft picks that a 3rd wouldn't upset me at all.
I doubt we will make any moves. Don't get your hopes up guys.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I doubt we will make any moves. Don't get your hopes up guys.

yah Baalke is too scurrd
To all those who keep saying Manningham and Nicks aren't burners......do you guys have amnesia when we played the Giants in 2011 regular season? The big super bowl catch by MM?

Did anyone watch their playoff games against Falcons and Packers? All it was, was deep passes to those two with Cruz underneath.

Hakeem Nicks is a great WR when healthy and motivated.

Would rather have Crabtree over Nicks given what we saw at the end of last season, his years in SF and being less injury prone, but prior to that Nicks was perceived to be a much better WR.

To have both would be sick in the short term. Long term it couldn't work out unless Nick's market value drops considerably...
Let's make NYG even worse than they already are.
Jon baldwin for nicks and 1st round and cash money
I'd gladly do it for a 3rd but we'd have to trade them a player because we don't have the salary cap for it.
I would very much like it if this could happen
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
To all those who keep saying Manningham and Nicks aren't burners......do you guys have amnesia when we played the Giants in 2011 regular season? The big super bowl catch by MM?

Did anyone watch their playoff games against Falcons and Packers? All it was, was deep passes to those two with Cruz underneath.

Hakeem Nicks is a great WR when healthy and motivated.

Would rather have Crabtree over Nicks given what we saw at the end of last season, his years in SF and being less injury prone, but prior to that Nicks was perceived to be a much better WR.
l
To have both would be sick in the short term. Long term it couldn't work out unless Nick's market value drops considerably...

LOL. That's the big if, how mad would people be for Nicks to show and end up on the injured list almost right off the bat? Don't want any part of the glass man.
Originally posted by stunder49:
Jon baldwin for nicks and 1st round and cash money