There are 259 users in the forums

**** WEEK 6 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 10/10 - 10/14 ****

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Trent Richardson is an average back at best

The Alabama teams have offensive lines that are NFL ready, any back will look good behind them. Eddie Lacy is good.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Lol. Yea right. Trent would be a starter. I guess it makes sense to label him a bust. I mean he only had 1300 all purpose yards and 11tds hia rookie reason. Its not like Cleveland ran him into the ground either because hes definitely playing 100%. He strugglig to learn a new system that he had zero time to prep for. The Colts oline is mediorce ans their zone blockong doesnt suit Richardson. Clearly conditions for success and Richardson is imploding.

Lets get real. T Rich would dominate with a capital D's nuts in the Niners power running acheme.

This. He doesn't belong in a zone blocking system, his change of direction and cutting ability is s**t, he needs some maulers in front of him where he can get a full head of steam, get into the second level and start running people over. Thinking about him running behind the 49ers OL damn near gives me a woody, he's the sort of power back this team has been looking for, just the same way that the Bills basically gave away Marshawn Lynch and he went to a system better suited for skills, Richardson could be an impact runner behind the right OL.
Nice punt muppet.
Matthews ran out of bounds... retarded.
rivers seems to have shaken that funk he was in for 2 seasons. dude has been money so far this year
inches short. Let's see a punt, TD, and OT
Rivers has seven kids ... Must be like throwin a hotdog down a hallway at this point.
Colts can't even score a TD against an average Charger defense and they beat us by 20. Makes no f***ing sense.
Chargers did what we should of done all game.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Trent Richardson is an average back at best

The Alabama teams have offensive lines that are NFL ready, any back will look good behind them. Eddie Lacy is good.

Jim Brown was right

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Chargers did what we should of done all game.

Yup. Power football down their throats against that weak front 7.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Colts can't even score a TD against an average Charger defense and they beat us by 20. Makes no f***ing sense.

After a few big wins, they probably thought too much of themselves, and overlooked the Chargers who had a bad game against the Raiders. Same thing with the Raiders offense. The Raiders defense did an admirable game in KC, but the offense laid an egg.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. He doesn't belong in a zone blocking system, his change of direction and cutting ability is s**t, he needs some maulers in front of him where he can get a full head of steam, get into the second level and start running people over. Thinking about him running behind the 49ers OL damn near gives me a woody, he's the sort of power back this team has been looking for, just the same way that the Bills basically gave away Marshawn Lynch and he went to a system better suited for skills, Richardson could be an impact runner behind the right OL.

Exactly.

Don't get me wrong. I love to see a good zone blocking scheme function but it's very chaotic system. The "zone" is not obvious in that your reading the motion of the Oline/Dline, and essentially guessing on how the blocks will develop.

Trent clearly doesn't look comfortable, and a couple of rushes he had the zone figured out, but he would just hesitate that extra second that leads to just a 4-5 yard run opposed to a 1st down run.

If all he had to do was read his edge and lead blocks then he wouldn't be hesitating. He would be picking a full head of steam, and trucking through secondaries. Hopefully he goes to a power running system when his rookie contract is up or just get traded to the Niners.

He would be so ridiculous in this run offense. I mean he would put the rushing attack over the top.
Props to the Chargers. They played the game we should have going into the 2nd half against the Colts. Kind of bummed and irked knowing we could be 5-1 right now if we kept it simple and continued to run the ball down their throats. Smfh.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 14, 2013 at 8:53 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Sure it does, the Colts scored the majority of their points off of 49ers turnovers. That was pretty much it. The defense held them to 13 points after 3 quarters before the team fell apart, Colts had a long ball-control drive to score a touchdown..and then Kaepernick fumbled it deep in 49ers territory which was a gimme touchdown for them. Had they stuck with the running game and kept pounding the ball with Gore and Hunter, I think it would have been an entirely different game, especially with the sorts of runs Gore had been breaking off against them early.
Share 49ersWebzone