There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Josh Freeman to Minnesota.

  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,125
They need someone who can really utilize Patterson, Jennings, Rudolph, and the other weapons on offense.

The Vikings actually have a ton of potential outside of Adrian Peterson. They could be very Chiefs-like with Freeman in there. He's got the arm strength to put the ball where it needs to be. There's too much variability with Ponder or Cassel.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,463
Originally posted by xcfan:
vikes will cut bethel-thompson. we should sign him. he's better than skelton or mccoy.

at least baalke reads some of my posts. lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,218
Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen

Ponder: "Some of the dynamics of this organization have changed, obviously.. But I'm preparing like I'm going to be on the field." #mayhem
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by xcfan:
vikes will cut bethel-thompson. we should sign him. he's better than skelton or mccoy.

at least baalke reads some of my posts. lol

Well, get in the McBLT thread and support him!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,218
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Vikings are seriously considering starting Josh Freeman this weekend

Originally plan was for Freeman to learn the offense for 2 weeks but right now they are pushing to put him in this game
[ Edited by Jcool on Oct 15, 2013 at 9:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Vikings are seriously considering starting Josh Freeman this weekend

Originally plan was for Freeman to learn the offense for 2 weeks but right now they are pushing to put him in this game

It'll come down to them deciding whether or not Freeman with one week of learning the playbook and almost no practice is better off than Ponder who knows the system, players, and has practiced.

I know they're panicking, but starting Freeman this soon would be a bad move I think. Let Ponder play this week, then start Freeman.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,218
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Vikings officially announce Josh Freeman as the starter. My story from earlier this morning explains why http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264297/article/josh-freeman-to-start-for-vikings-if-he-learns-playbook
He ever so subtlely slammed TB and Schiano saying the Vikings "do things the right way."
It looks like a good move and sounds like it'll work, but people forget that Josh Freeman sucks. He's worse than Cassell and just a little bit better than Ponder.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen

Ponder: "Some of the dynamics of this organization have changed, obviously.. But I'm preparing like I'm going to be on the field." #mayhem


Translation: "I should still be the starter. This is bulls**t!"
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen

Ponder: "Some of the dynamics of this organization have changed, obviously.. But I'm preparing like I'm going to be on the field." #mayhem


Translation: "I should still be the starter. This is bulls**t!"

More like get me the fk out of here
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,218
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL

Josh Freeman has concussion; Christian Ponder taking first-team snaps #Vikings
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268404/article/josh-freeman-has-a-concussion-might-not-start-leslie-frazier-says?campaign=Twitter_atl
Originally posted by Jcool:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL

Josh Freeman has concussion; Christian Ponder taking first-team snaps #Vikings
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268404/article/josh-freeman-has-a-concussion-might-not-start-leslie-frazier-says?campaign=Twitter_atl

Well that's convenient.

As sh***y as he was, he must've got concussed on the bus ride from the hotel to the stadium.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by Jcool:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL

Josh Freeman has concussion; Christian Ponder taking first-team snaps #Vikings
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268404/article/josh-freeman-has-a-concussion-might-not-start-leslie-frazier-says?campaign=Twitter_atl

Well that's convenient.

As sh***y as he was, he must've got concussed on the bus ride from the hotel to the stadium.

At least they could have said he threw his arm out