There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Tampa Bay Bucs Dysfunctional Page

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Raul98:
I found it hilarious that in there loss to the Cardinals it was Goldsons hit that caused a flag that put Arz 15 yards closer to the win then a few plays later Revis gives up the go ahead TD Tampa had so many problems and there solution was to overpay for 2 DB's i knew that stupid strategy would not work or fix anything. They lost a 1st round pick and a lot of money for Revis and Goldson and there still trash. While the Jets are fine with out Revis and were fine with out Goldson Bucs are a mess and got greedy with the Revis signing I'm so happy it came back to bite them in the ass.

Indeed, our man Dashon has found out that the green of money doesn't necessarily translate into greener grass. He would have been better staying here, where he was appreciated and had the front-line support, plus an offense, that took pressure off a defense.

I can remember, not all that long ago, when the 49er defense was counted upon heavily to win games for us because our offensive coaching was so weak and inept. We know now that it wasn't our players. We had Frank Gore. We had Alex Smith. We had Vernon Davis. Heck, we may have had a better receiving corps back in the day than we have now. Yet, it was the offense that was the weak link of the team for so very long.

All that changed when Harbaugh arrived and put it all together. It's amazing what an offensive-minded coach can do for a team. Why other NFL franchises keep hiring defensive coordinators for the top spot is beyond me. They are not qualified for the top job. They will never be qualified for the top job.

Bill Belichek, Mike Tomlin, and Pete Carroll all say hello.

Granted the Belichek types don't come around often, but I won't go so far as to say that defensive coordinators will never be qualified for the top job. It really all depends. Pat Schurmur was an offensive guy and he did an awful job in Cleveland.
It's all karma for those bucs fans being arrogant a*****es and shutting down other teams fansites a few years back. Where's that jerkoff TheBucBicep now???
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I would say let's go after Free Man but he doesn't want to be a backup. Now he's on the couch.Everytime, I'm in the kitchen,

you in the kitchen.. IN THE GAT DAMN REFRIDGERATOR.

i know this was english but i still dont understand it
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Bill Belichek, Mike Tomlin, and Pete Carroll all say hello.

Granted the Belichek types don't come around often, but I won't go so far as to say that defensive coordinators will never be qualified for the top job. It really all depends. Pat Schurmur was an offensive guy and he did an awful job in Cleveland.

There are obviously successful Head Coaches with defensive backgrounds and obviously just having an offensive background doesn't guarantee success, but most successful ones come from offensive backgrounds. The reason for this is the nature of offense and defense. Offense depends more on continuity and order - when an offensive HC with an offensive vision loses an offensive coordinator, he has a new one come in who essentially implements the existing plan, possibly with some small tweaks and changes. When you have a defensive background, you are more dependent on your OC and changing can make a complete change in the offense. Belichek is kind of a special case because he's always been just as immersed in the offense as he is the defense.

Niner fans have a perfect example of this dynamic. George Seifert, who is one of my favorite Niner coaches, had a huge problem with offensive continuity. After the Super Bowl win in 89, he lost his OC. After the Super Bowl win in 94, he lost his OC again. When Walsh was HC and would lose an OC, he'd just plug another one in who would continue to implement Walsh's offensive vision.
As far as the Bucs are concerned, this is just another example of a franchise throwing huge money at a bunch of free agent veterans only to crash and burn. These days, it seems like there is at least one example of this every year. And, it makes me appreciate the Harbaalke approach even more.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
With the 1st pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select.......Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville.

Tampa not Jacksonville will have the #1 overall pick. I think Chad Henne gives them 1 or 2 more wins, Tampa just looks so lost on offense.
With all this said, maybe the Jets should have waited to get Tampa's 2014 pick for Revis??