LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

The Tampa Bay Bucs Dysfunctional Page

Shop 49ers game tickets
sign Freeman!
I think the Glazer family is ahead of the curve owning Manchester United (one of the richest franchises in all sports), and Tampa Bay. Shiano was a bad hire, I'd be surprised if he lasts beyond this season.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I think the Glazer family is ahead of the curve owning Manchester United (one of the richest franchises in all sports), and Tampa Bay. Shiano was a bad hire, I'd be surprised if he lasts beyond this season.

Don't make sense if the Bucs leaked Freeman's substance abuse program when they were trying to trade the dude. Why torpedo your trade value to eat the 6mil of his salary on a release.

The agent
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Don't make sense if the Bucs leaked Freeman's substance abuse program when they were trying to trade the dude. Why torpedo your trade value to eat the 6mil of his salary on a release.

The agent

Because they were probably hoping to just get a day 3 pick, maybe a 4th rounder they were also thinking about trying to set the stage for earning the right to cut him without paying him.
shouldnt have taken doug martin in fantasy...lol
I'm glad Freeman has been cut loose from that trainwreck. I don't want him near our team but I empathize with his situation.
Would much rather have Josh Freeman than Jon Skeleton.

Course Freeman will be asking for quite a bit more money though
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Oct 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM ]
With all that said, Tampa Bay is one legit head coach and a QB away from being a pretty solid team. I still find their defense questionable because while they have a lot of talent in the secondary and are very good against the run, their pass rush is incredibly lacking and in a passing league, you could have a Revis at every position in the secondary but if you can't get pressure on the QB, it won't work in the long-term. I see Tampa tanking at this point and if they do it well enough, they could end up with a Teddy Bridgewater for their troubles and that is turning a frown upside down in my book.
I wonder what else problems lie that haven't been uncovered yet?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Josh Katzowitz ‏@joshkatzowitz

So, Greg Schiano reportedly told Bucs season holders that the team was a laughingstock before he was hired.
http://thepewterplank.com/2013/10/03/greg-schiano-tells-tampa-bay-buccaneers-fans-team-needed-greg-schiano
Originally posted by Jcool:
Josh Katzowitz ‏@joshkatzowitz

So, Greg Schiano reportedly told Bucs season holders that the team was a laughingstock before he was hired.
http://thepewterplank.com/2013/10/03/greg-schiano-tells-tampa-bay-buccaneers-fans-team-needed-greg-schiano

That is laughingstock with an F
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
shouldnt have taken doug martin in fantasy...lol

+1

shady mccoy would have been the right choice
I found it hilarious that in there loss to the Cardinals it was Goldsons hit that caused a flag that put Arz 15 yards closer to the win then a few plays later Revis gives up the go ahead TD Tampa had so many problems and there solution was to overpay for 2 DB's i knew that stupid strategy would not work or fix anything. They lost a 1st round pick and a lot of money for Revis and Goldson and there still trash. While the Jets are fine with out Revis and were fine with out Goldson Bucs are a mess and got greedy with the Revis signing I'm so happy it came back to bite them in the ass.
Originally posted by Raul98:
I found it hilarious that in there loss to the Cardinals it was Goldsons hit that caused a flag that put Arz 15 yards closer to the win then a few plays later Revis gives up the go ahead TD Tampa had so many problems and there solution was to overpay for 2 DB's i knew that stupid strategy would not work or fix anything. They lost a 1st round pick and a lot of money for Revis and Goldson and there still trash. While the Jets are fine with out Revis and were fine with out Goldson Bucs are a mess and got greedy with the Revis signing I'm so happy it came back to bite them in the ass.

Indeed, our man Dashon has found out that the green of money doesn't necessarily translate into greener grass. He would have been better staying here, where he was appreciated and had the front-line support, plus an offense, that took pressure off a defense.

I can remember, not all that long ago, when the 49er defense was counted upon heavily to win games for us because our offensive coaching was so weak and inept. We know now that it wasn't our players. We had Frank Gore. We had Alex Smith. We had Vernon Davis. Heck, we may have had a better receiving corps back in the day than we have now. Yet, it was the offense that was the weak link of the team for so very long.

All that changed when Harbaugh arrived and put it all together. It's amazing what an offensive-minded coach can do for a team. Why other NFL franchises keep hiring defensive coordinators for the top spot is beyond me. They are not qualified for the top job. They will never be qualified for the top job.
Share 49ersWebzone