There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Tampa Bay Bucs Dysfunctional Page

So

Darrelle Revis and Dashon Goldson come join the Bucs for big money...........only to get this coach.

Josh Freeman.............well I don't know where to start

And

there's Greg Schiano and GM Dominik.

The team is a bit over halfway from revolt mode because they can't stand the coach.

And there has been a Demaurice Smith sighting.

Surprised there is not a thread for this so fire away with your posts about this whole dysfunction.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
When you try to build your team through free agency, it rarely works.

The 49ers tried to do the same thing when we signed Tully Banta-Cain, Nate Clements, Michael Lewis, and a few others all during one offseason.

And they have the white version of Mike Singletary as coach. Greg Roman could do wonders for that team.
Still not as bad as the Jags... I think I could run that team better than it is right now... only way to go is up from here.
It is collectively bargained that nobody is allowed to know what players are in phase 1 substance abuse program. Even the coaches are not supposed to know. Freeman's deal was leaked, not sure by who, but that's just ridiculous. The bucs are obviously trying to kill this kids stock. If they wanted to trade him, they wouldn't have leaked it. Schiano was fielding questions if he was the leak, when by rules he shouldn't even know freeman was in the program.

The top of this organization has jets type issues.
2013 Tampa Bay Buccaneers = 2011 Philadelphia Eagles
Dream Teams = Still sleeping dreaming about the Super Bowl forgetting that we're already in week 5 of the season.
Its funny because if this team does not get it together then this team becomes one of the biggest off-season losers. You don't spend money to get top key players for the secondary.
[ Edited by robniner on Oct 3, 2013 at 9:22 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I'm not kidding this season is so hilarious for the Buccs because their ownership is half witted family that is dealing with 2 messes on both sides of the pond.

Over in England they own Manchester United and their manager of nearly 30 years retired, bringing in a guy who had spent 10 years at a club that only finished in top 4 once(qualifies for champions league play). Spent the off season bickering with star striker Wayne Rooney and are in 12th place through 6 matches, unheard of for MU.

Now jump over to the US where the Buccs have been mediocre to terrible for over a decade and have no been dealing with multiple issues ranging from bacterial breakouts at team facilities, the Josh Freeman fiasco, locker room infighting and poor on field effort from the players and coaches add that to bringing in multiple high priced free agents.

The Glazers will be quicker to throw the towel in on the failed Schiano experiment in Tampa because MU is a global brand and they need to focus on steadying that ship a hell of a lot quicker than the Buccs.

Expect Schiano to be canned before the season is over.
Originally posted by sfout:
I'm not kidding this season is so hilarious for the Buccs because their ownership is half witted family that is dealing with 2 messes on both sides of the pond.

Over in England they own Manchester United and their manager of nearly 30 years retired, bringing in a guy who had spent 10 years at a club that only finished in top 4 once(qualifies for champions league play). Spent the off season bickering with star striker Wayne Rooney and are in 12th place through 6 matches, unheard of for MU.

Now jump over to the US where the Buccs have been mediocre to terrible for over a decade and have no been dealing with multiple issues ranging from bacterial breakouts at team facilities, the Josh Freeman fiasco, locker room infighting and poor on field effort from the players and coaches add that to bringing in multiple high priced free agents.

The Glazers will be quicker to throw the towel in on the failed Schiano experiment in Tampa because MU is a global brand and they need to focus on steadying that ship a hell of a lot quicker than the Buccs.

Expect Schiano to be canned before the season is over.

But......but.......but........but they wanted discipline like Coughlin!

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
It is collectively bargained that nobody is allowed to know what players are in phase 1 substance abuse program. Even the coaches are not supposed to know. Freeman's deal was leaked, not sure by who, but that's just ridiculous. The bucs are obviously trying to kill this kids stock. If they wanted to trade him, they wouldn't have leaked it. Schiano was fielding questions if he was the leak, when by rules he shouldn't even know freeman was in the program.

I think they knew they could never trade him because of his contract. Leaking all this stuff about being late for team pictures, drug stuff, etc feels more like setting the stage for his release.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I'll be going to see the Niners play there on Dec 15 since it's my hometown. best thing to happen for the Bucs all season

Seriously though, don't build a team through free agency. It never works. You need players to come through and be developed by the same staff. All that money for nothing and I can tell you dumbass Bucs fans were excited. I was lol'ing on the inside.
Originally posted by Antix:
I'll be going to see the Niners play there on Dec 15 since it's my hometown. best thing to happen for the Bucs all season

Seriously though, don't build a team through free agency. It never works. You need players to come through and be developed by the same staff. All that money for nothing and I can tell you dumbass Bucs fans were excited. I was lol'ing on the inside.

I actually thought about going to that game as well. I never saw the 49ers in person growing up in Florida, so I was targeting that December 15 game.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I agree. I might go so far as the say that they are worse than the Jets. I hope Michael Crabtree and other potential free agents on our team are taking notes. Dashon Goldson went to the highest bidder and now he is stuck there for the next 4 seasons after this one.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Filed to ESPN: Bucs have released QB Josh Freeman. Bucs tried to trade him but couldn't.
Actually the defense is playing great. And goldson and revis are stars. Its the awful qb play and coaching that holds this team back.
I would say let's go after Free Man but he doesn't want to be a backup. Now he's on the couch.Everytime, I'm in the kitchen,

you in the kitchen.. IN THE GAT DAMN REFRIDGERATOR.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
lol wow. NFL probably told them to quit fighting and cut the man.