There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eugene Monroe traded to Baltimore

• Jcool
  • Veteran
2009 #8 pick overall

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Jaguars are trading OT Eugene Monroe to the #Ravens, per source, for multiple draft picks. Pending physical
thats a steal for them. i guess we'll have to see on the picks though.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Update: Ravens are sending multiple third-day draft picks to Jacksonville in exchange for OT Eugene Monroe.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Update: Ravens are sending multiple third-day draft picks to Jacksonville in exchange for OT Eugene Monroe.

total steal. i dont think monroe is a top 5 LT, but for the price they appear to be paying, thats a hell of a deal
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

If Jacksonville is going to trade players in last year of their deal for picks, might as well get what it can for RB Maurice Jones-Drew.
The reason he will be so cheap is because he is a free agent after this year I believe. So trading for him will be a rental unless they re-sign him. Not sure they have the room to re-sign them but if they do will be a good deal for them. As for the Jags they get some picks for a player they probably wouldn't have re-signed anyways. If I'm Monroe no way I'd re-sign with the Jags. He could get just as much or more on a better team. Not saying a playoff team necessarily but hard not to go to a team that wins more than the Jags.

Might be time for them to move MJD, Lewis and others as well. Start fresh, build through the draft. Maybe trade Henne as well. He's a solid backup but not going to do them any good starting him. They need to take Bridgewater or maybe even trade down and pick up some extra picks and take Manziel. Of course move on from Gabbert as well. They need a franchise QB who is a face of the franchise, Clowney won't do them much good.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 1, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
The reason he will be so cheap is because he is a free agent after this year I believe. So trading for him will be a rental unless they re-sign him. Not sure they have the room to re-sign them but if they do will be a good deal for them. As for the Jags they get some picks for a player they probably wouldn't have re-signed anyways. If I'm Monroe no way I'd re-sign with the Jags. He could get just as much or more on a better team. Not saying a playoff team necessarily but hard not to go to a team that wins more than the Jags.

Might be time for them to move MJD, Lewis and others as well. Start fresh, build through the draft. Maybe trade Henne as well. He's a solid backup but not going to do them any good starting him. They need to take Bridgewater or maybe even trade down and pick up some extra picks and take Manziel. Of course move on from Gabbert as well. They need a franchise QB who is a face of the franchise, Clowney won't do them much good.

good call on the expiring contract, i had over looked that when calling it a steal.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Oct 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

I wouldn't mind if they shipped Blackmon over to us

BTW, f**k terrell suggs
They
Originally posted by LVJay:

BTW, f**k terrell suggs

I just want them to trade MJD to another team so that he can do better on my fantasy team. F'd up bad taking him in round 3

If Jacksonville is going to trade players in last year of their deal for picks, might as well get what it can for RB Maurice Jones-Drew.

THATS WHAT IM SAYING.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
They
Originally posted by LVJay:

BTW, f**k terrell suggs

I just want them to trade MJD to another team so that he can do better on my fantasy team. F'd up bad taking him in round 3

LOL! He'd beast it on any other team except jags/rams...
  • IT21

Jaguars are so stupid.
And cheap
Give us Blackmon
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Give us Blackmon

in return for "multiple third day picks".

Manziel isn't a 1st rounder IMO. I would sit at 1 or 2 and take Teddy B, he is a franchise QB. Other potentials could be Keith Price of UCLA, Tajh Boyd of Clemson both in trade down scenarios.

They need talent. Badly. Monroe isn't a top 5 LT, but he is a good one.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Oct 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM ]