LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Beware strengthening a potential playoff opponent

Shop 49ers game tickets
the most impressive 4-0 team is, in my view, not seattle but rather new orleans

and i wonder if it was wise for baalke to give them a starting olb in parys haralson, when they might be playing this team in the playoffs...their weakness has been defense, why bolster them, even if just a bit?

I think back to the niners trading a disgruntled charles haley to a young and up and coming Cowboys team---dallas proceeded to eliminate superb niners teams in 2 division championships...shouldnt they have seen dallas was an up and comer, and maybe traded haley to a crap team

haralson isnt haley but im sure he makes the saints defense better with him than without him...in a potential playoff game, his knowledge of the niners may help the saints too...was a 7th round pick worth it?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
silly rabbit we not worried about no Paris
The thing is, with Haralson, I think we worked with him to help him decide where he wanted to go. It wasn't all business. We wanted to thank him for all his contributions to the team, as both a player and popular veteran teammate.
lol aint nobody scared of parys haralson
Saints look legit, offense is as explosive as always but that defense has been looking pretty damn good thus far.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Saints look legit, offense is as explosive as always but that defense has been looking pretty damn good thus far.
Yes but if we render them one dimensional I like our chances as long as we are back to pounding the rock successfully
2 tackles, 3 assisted tackles and 1 sack in 4 games? i'm sure we are terrified
  • Chico
  • Veteran
The NFC looks very tough this year...we have
She-hawks
49ers
'Aints
Packers
Detroit
Bears
Falcons

Everyone keeps talkin' 'bout Seattle but I agree, the Saints are a team NOT to take for granted!
If the Saints can knock off Seattle in Seattle it will send a message to the NFC.
The Saints team is deep as heck on offense and Rob Ryan has the defense playing respectable football. All 49er bias aside I could see them knocking off the Seahawks at home just because Brees has chemistry with several players on this offense and they all have been in that system for so long (Colston, Sproles, Moore, Meachem, Graham). All the defense has to do is play half way decent and I think they can slow down the Seahawks offense.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If the Saints can knock off Seattle in Seattle it will send a message to the NFC.

I would love for that to happen.

We tend to matchup better with pass-happy teams and I do NOT want Seattle getting home-field advantage.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Their coach is back (hasn't missed a beat), the offense is still top notch and the new 3-4 defense they installed is working (suits Parys). That kid on safety (Vaccaro) is legit!! Their D will get better later in the season as they get more familiar with the system (barring injuries).

"the most impressive 4-0 team is, in my view, not seattle but rather new orleans" you did mean in the NFC, right? Because Denver is tearing it up right now....
Denver... is... nasty.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
2 tackles, 3 assisted tackles and 1 sack in 4 games? i'm sure we are terrified

This. I watched the game and never saw him out there. He isn't starting.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Denver... is... nasty.

denver hasnt had a victory where it didnt hold down its opponent and touch its eyes
Share 49ersWebzone