LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 180 users in the forums

Two Knuckleheads I'd like to see us trade for

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Rascal:
I like Britt or Gordon, both have size and speed and can stretch the field for the deep ball. Don't worry about the playbook, you don't need to know the entire 785 pages before you can play.

Besides, Mario is an entirely different kind of receiver. He is more of a slot guy plus he lacks the size. We have seen in the past few games when our WRs suffered from getting off the line and being pressed, it was Baldwin who could handle it cos he is 6'4" and 230 lbs.

Dude, do you seriously watch the games at all? I mean, you watch football right, not just read the box-scores? Manningham is an absolute outside receiver. Press coverage didn't usually work all that well against him because of how quick he was off the line, how fast his feet were, you can't jam a guy if he's already past you before you can react.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 30, 2013 at 5:54 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
If Niner FO can somehow trick Tampa into trading Britt/Freeman to us for ONE (not two) of our practice squad guys, then I'm all for it. OR perhaps, a couple of brand new (most expensive Nikes/Addidas)... we give them the shoes and they give up those two clowns

Otherwise, NO DEAL!!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
If Niner FO can somehow trick Tampa into trading Britt/Freeman to us for ONE (not two) of our practice squad guys, then I'm all for it. OR perhaps, a couple of brand new (most expensive Nikes/Addidas)... we give them the shoes and they give up those two clowns

Otherwise, NO DEAL!!
That's going to be hard to do considering Britt doesn't play for Tamba bay.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

Otherwise, NO DEAL!!

3 way deal. How about Josh Freeman to Tennessee, Britt to SF, Colt McCoy to Tampa

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Hopper:

Otherwise, NO DEAL!!

3 way deal. How about Josh Freeman to Tennessee, Britt to SF, Colt McCoy to Tampa

Somehow, Jags might want to get in the picture, they need QB help badly. We dish the pair of expensive sneakers to Tampa and we get Freeman... call Jags to see if they'd swap Freeman for Blackmon... Brit can stay in Tennessee and EAD
  • dj43
If we can get by Houston this weekend (not a sure bet) we will have 4 relatively easy games before the Saints. We should be able to make do with what we have until then. By the Saints game, Manningham should be fully healthy and ready to go. He is better than Britt and not the headcase.

As to QB; it looks like John Skelton is coming here for cheap. Freeman is expensive.

Cap rules.
Share 49ersWebzone