LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Two Knuckleheads I'd like to see us trade for

Shop 49ers game tickets
I admit, both of these guys are flawed, and pretty low IQ players.

But they are also talented, barely used, potentially useful for us, and available via trades that shouldn't be expensive.

The first guy is Kenny Britt. The guy has all the talent and physical gifts you want in a WR, but not the brain you want in an employee. Still, I think it's worth giving it a shot. We still need WRs desperately. And Britt has the speed and size that defenses have to respect.

The second guy is Josh Freeman. I'm not saying I want him as a starter, but he seems like a great back up for Kap. He has a similar skill set, but was just ruined by their current head coach. I still think he could win games for us if something ever happened to Kap.

Seems like we could give up mid to late round picks for these guys. And I think we'd be better for it.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Freeman would be a huge upgrade at the backup QB position and for the right price I would jump on board.
Originally posted by Chief:
Freeman would be a huge upgrade at the backup QB position and for the right price I would jump on board.

I'm pretty sure Baalke could talk the Bucs into giving us Freeman for a seventh...and the Bucs would give us a conditional third next year too
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by Chief:

I'm pretty sure Baalke could talk the Bucs into giving us Freeman for a seventh...and the Bucs would give us a conditional third next year too

i doubt niners could fit him in under the cap--im sure he has a starting qb salary ie millions
The TB and SF tade scenario may have burnt bridges over the Eric Wright phiasco in the offseason. Always wanted to have Britt but he is such a headcase.
I'll take Britt
I dont think we need a WR, Baldwin is gonna get some chances now so loets see what he can do plus all indications is once Manningham is eligible to practice he will be ready so we are only a couple weeks away from getting him back. Then we still have the return of Crabtree
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont think we need a WR, Baldwin is gonna get some chances now so loets see what he can do plus all indications is once Manningham is eligible to practice he will be ready so we are only a couple weeks away from getting him back. Then we still have the return of Crabtree

I wish we could count on Manningham.... but there is no guarantee he will come back the same player he was (and he was only decent to begin with).

Fingers crossed for Baldwin. But we need to be looking at any opportunity to improve the WR position.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

I'd take Britt, but not until we figure out what Baldwin has.

We don't have enough cap space to take Freeman's contract. I think AB81 can confirm.
Originally posted by boast:
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

Freaky...
Who-ever trades for Freeman will have to take on his full 8m salary unless he restructures. Which he wont. So no thanks.

Britt?? Meh. I think Baldwin is just as good as him.
You all might have a very good point about Freeman's contract.

But everyone saying that we don't need a WR, or that Baldwin is just as good, are flat out crazy. There is no way of knowing when Manning and Crabtree will play. And until they are back and playing well, we will have a serious need at WR. I like Baldwin, but we need more than that.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
You all might have a very good point about Freeman's contract.

But everyone saying that we don't need a WR, or that Baldwin is just as good, are flat out crazy. There is no way of knowing when Manning and Crabtree will play. And until they are back and playing well, we will have a serious need at WR. I like Baldwin, but we need more than that.

you fail to consider how long it would take for Britt to learn the playbook, routes and timing with Colin. but the time that happens, Ham will most likely be ready to play.
Share 49ersWebzone