LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

NFL officiating is a joke

Shop 49ers game tickets
Anyone who thinks these games aren't manipulated by the NFL are only kidding themselves. Selective enforcement depending on the team and the time of the game. In the Super Bowl Baltimore the last 2 minutes had a helmet to the head,illegal contact/interference and 8 men held on a punt and not one flag was thrown. We're only in September and I can already tell you it will be Denver and Seattle in the Super Bowl because it's what the NFL wants. It will be built up as offense vs defense.
Its definitely gotten worse with the rule changes. Maybe all the player safety stuff is bs. They could just want more grey area to manipulate the games. probably just a lucky break for them though.
I don't know if its the officiating or the rules changes, but something has to be done.
Denver and Seattle are clearly the 2 best teams right now. The officiating has nothing to do with it.
I'm sure more than a few people noticed that Schaub was hit in the head at least twice today by Seattle pass rushers and it was never called. Once they knocked his helmet off and they didn't call it. Pretty amazing.

And, as far as your comment on the Super Bowl is concerned, that helmet to helmet contact on Crabtree was the biggest crime in my opinion - far more obvious than the non-call on the holding in the end zone. That's not even a judgment call and it happened right in front of a ref. That's first and goal from the 2 in every game I saw that season. The Niners got completely screwed and I don't care how many times people tell me that's part of the game or call me a "whiner", I'm still going to be bitter about it because that was just lousy officiating.
NFL has surpassed the NBA in this regard.

So much blatant holding I see not getting called either.
Goodell becoming the commish reminds of when Don King took over boxing. There were questionable decisions before but afterward it got ridiculously obvious who was supposed to win.
Cary Williams pushed an official during the Super Bowl.

No flag. No ejection.

Someone explain that one to me, because I'm still at a loss.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k the NFL they are ruining the game.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

No flag. No ejection.

then when the ravens are making their last punt and each of their players is directed to hold the niners, not one flag for holding

I read somewhere that Jerome Bogers crew was hand picked by Goodell to officiate the big game even though in years past that honor had always gone to the top graded crew of officials, does anyone know more about this?
I've always felt that in big games the refs are instructed to keep the games close. In the end the most important thing is the advertisers and television ratings. This is the real game. They've rigged the game so the teams that excel are disbanded. Ex-commissioner Pete Rozelle had a dream that every team finishes 8-8 and playoff slots aren't determined until he last week of the season. The NFL cares so much about the players, however, their greed wants more games. The game plan of the owners follow the same guidelines as Big Business.
Originally posted by hofer36:

No flag. No ejection.

then when the ravens are making their last punt and each of their players is directed to hold the niners, not one flag for holding

It's possible to say "they missed that." Far fetched, but possible.

When a player PUSHES A REFEREE WITH TWO HANDS, and the REFEREE IGNORES IT...

...explain that. Please.
Originally posted by hofer36:

No flag. No ejection.

It's possible to say "they missed that." Far fetched, but possible.

When a player PUSHES A REFEREE WITH TWO HANDS, and the REFEREE IGNORES IT...

...explain that. Please.

You should post footage of J Smith getting ejected for breathing on a ref.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
You should post footage of J Smith getting ejected for breathing on a ref.

You asked for it...

I was actually at this game, about 20 rows off the field, and had no idea what was going on (the jumbotron in SD is terrible).
Share 49ersWebzone