LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Boom! Seattle fan gets payback for breaking the record.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
Can't we just say SEA has a damn good defense and a solid offense?

I'll even say they are the best team in the NFL. 1a and 1b with Denver.
Originally posted by rudedog:
They should go back to the rule before 2007 and hold the crowd noise accountable. It's not fair to the visiting team to not hear the QB. Especially when the owner built the stadium to hold the noise in. There is also the report that they are using the PA system to help enhance the noise level. I wonder if they looked at that when they supposedly set a new world record? I doubt it!

It's not just the fact that you can't hear anything. Sound is much more than that. Physical pain begins at 125dB. Clink gets to 136dB.

For comparison, 140dBs is the highest recommended level of sound exposure WITH hearing protection. Any more than that, WITH hearing protection, and you could have permanent hearing damage.

Sustained sound levels at 130dBs without hearing protection WILL cause permanent hearing damage. For a quarterback to perform under 130dBs of sound pressure, there is a lot more than just "he can't hear" going on.

I honestly think it would be LESS advantageous for them to play with 12 men on defense in a quite stadium, then to attack the opposing quarterback with physically damaging sound pressure and 11 men on defense.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Because they beat Carolina?
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Yep, that's the only reason. I hate to admit it but there is no team better than them right now.
Originally posted by rudedog:
They should go back to the rule before 2007 and hold the crowd noise accountable. It's not fair to the visiting team to not hear the QB. Especially when the owner built the stadium to hold the noise in. There is also the report that they are using the PA system to help enhance the noise level. I wonder if they looked at that when they supposedly set a new world record? I doubt it!

It's not just the fact that you can't hear anything. Sound is much more than that. Physical pain begins at 125dB. Clink gets to 136dB.

For comparison, 140dBs is the highest recommended level of sound exposure WITH hearing protection. Any more than that, WITH hearing protection, and you could have permanent hearing damage.

Sustained sound levels at 130dBs without hearing protection WILL cause permanent hearing damage. For a quarterback to perform under 130dBs of sound pressure, there is a lot more than just "he can't hear" going on.

I honestly think it would be LESS advantageous for them to play with 12 men on defense in a quite stadium, then to attack the opposing quarterback with physically damaging sound pressure and 11 men on defense.

Why should players be subjected to that? That's my biggest problem with it. It is permanent damage type dangerous, stadium designed and on purpose.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
It is no doubt one of the main factors, but I don't think we beat them hands down... Their defense is perfectly constructed to shut our offense down, especially since we're so thin at WR.

I am pretty confident, barring anymore injuries and things keep going according to plan, that we will beat Seattle later in the year, though.

If "things keep going according to plan" it's gonna be hard for them to play the same defense... Crabs/Boldin/MM/VD.... that man-to-man/stuffing the box crap won't suffice. Not to mention, they play Saints (will be a tough game) before their beat down at the Stick. Then they go to Giants (won't be playing for anything), I'm sure Giants gonna get dirty for the hell of it

I think you misinterpreted what I said. I meant if everything goes according to plan for us and we don't hit any more major speed humps.

No, not at all... you were being optimistic about the Niners' going forward (that's what I was thinking).... I was just agreeing with you and adding a lil bit to it. I agree, their D is built to "shut us down" for now. I was just adding that when ("according to plan") we get Crabs/MM back, plus VD/Boldin altogether, they will have to change up their defensive schemes, but that won't even be enough... plus no 12th man for them, etc....

• Furlow
  • Veteran
You guys sound like a bunch of vaginas. Seriously?
Originally posted by Furlow:
You guys sound like a bunch of vaginas. Seriously?

Queefing vaginas.
Wow that's upsetting to watch, doesn't belong in ANY stadium. Really was a sucker punch, pretty glad it didn't get out of hand, but I'm pretty sure that guy got ejected. The 12s have ATTEMPTED to be on our best behavior now that pretty much every game they have been sending out cops in opposing team jerseys trying to bust unruly fans. Funny thing was much easier to spot the police for the Jags game because lets face it...who the hell else would wear a Jags jersey.

You want to consider yourself a top 3 team and the team that demolished you (not trying to be insulting) you're going to say just got lucky because of fan noise? At this CURRENT point, it's easy to say Seahawks > Niners. I honestly feel the Broncos are better than us at this current point, and I still think the Niners are a top 3 team. But we got 12 more weeks ahead of us, things will get shuffled for all three teams. I don't think we're going to come into the Stick and man handle the Niners, I think we're capable of winning it, but it definitely won't be a cake walk. And I for sure didn't even think the niners game two weeks ago was going to be a cakewalk either.

Originally posted by zaghawk:
You want to consider yourself a top 3 team and the team that demolished you (not trying to be insulting) you're going to say just got lucky because of fan noise? At this CURRENT point, it's easy to say Seahawks > Niners. I honestly feel the Broncos are better than us at this current point, and I still think the Niners are a top 3 team. But we got 12 more weeks ahead of us, things will get shuffled for all three teams. I don't think we're going to come into the Stick and man handle the Niners, I think we're capable of winning it, but it definitely won't be a cake walk. And I for sure didn't even think the niners game two weeks ago was going to be a cakewalk either.

I agree with zaghawk and I am a niner fan. I believe RIGHT NOW the seahawks and the broncos are playing the best football and are therefore the best teams. I am just hoping that the niners can continue to improve and then we will see what happens.
[ Edited by pickle on Sep 29, 2013 at 1:19 PM ]
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
that was a sucker punch for no reason

You don't know what the guy said to him. I don't generally condone violence, but he must have said something very offensive if he didn't retaliate. Kind of like he knew he deserved it.
isn't it the visiting teams job to shut off the noise?
Nah, Broncos are definitely #1 right now. Seattle won't stop them, and Denver's defense is better than Seattle's offense.

I'd take Seattle at #3 behind the Saints. New Orleans is the better team on a neutral field, I don't think Seattle is invincible at home. People seem to forget that they were neck and neck with the niners before horrible play calling and implosion did the 49ers in. I think New Orleans will get revenge at CLINK later in the year.
Originally posted by Stanley:
Nah, Broncos are definitely #1 right now. Seattle won't stop them, and Denver's defense is better than Seattle's offense.

I'd take Seattle at #3 behind the Saints. New Orleans is the better team on a neutral field, I don't think Seattle is invincible at home. People seem to forget that they were neck and neck with the niners before horrible play calling and implosion did the 49ers in. I think New Orleans will get revenge at CLINK later in the year.

Definitely agree that the Broncos are #1
And, not that I'm proclaiming it will happen but, I like the implication of your prediction that "Seattle won't stop them" since there's only one game in which they would have an opportunity to try ;-)
Share 49ersWebzone